Search results

1. A

Black & White

This is one of the best pictures I have ever seen. It's beautiful.
  2. A

What would you choose to complement a 50mm prime?

Re: What would you choose to compliment a 50mm prime? Perfect! You made my day.
  3. A

Do you find yourself using your smartphone more than your SLR, MILC or P&S?

There's something wrong with my S100 so I mostly use the iPhone nowadays, I have a couple of other P&S cameras, but they don't get much use. When I have a purpose I of course always bring the 5D with proper lens(es).
  4. A

Lens as a gift. Non Photographer buying... :)

I totally agree with that. A 70D would be very nice, or the 700D.
  5. A

Another 50mp FF DSLR Mention [CR2]

That was funny :P
  6. A

Bryan Carnathan has completed his review of the 7D Mark II

To me it looks that the stride length indicates canter which supports your original statement. Also, I don't believe she would ride in full galop on the side of that slope.
  7. A

Switching to Full Frame

Seems to me you've made up your mind so it would be better for you to switch. I have a 5D MkIII and a set of L-lenses and som other stuff, I have nothing to complain about. But if you feel you will take better pictures with the Nikon, then go ahead. It will be better for you.
  8. A

A Real EOS M Replacement Coming Soon? [CR1]

Jobs was also against a small iPad and a large iPhone.
  9. A

A Real EOS M Replacement Coming Soon? [CR1]

That makes sense. I'd get the regular one as a second body. I have been on and off about getting the current M anyway, but a better sensor wouldn't hurt anything except the wallet. Maybe they would need some more lenses also, particularly primes. Someone mentioned a 55 1.8 which would make for...
  10. A

Critical View of 70-200 f/2.8 mkii+2xTC III

I don't have any of the 400mm options you mentioned, but I do have the 70-200 with the 2x extender. I shoot with a 5D MkIII. I only bought it for the extra reach for occasions when I might need/want it. I haven't used it much, seems that over 200mm isn't my game so to say. But when I have used...
  11. A

Canon prevents me from buying the 7D Mark II

I think if you would consider Mac, then the iMac makes sense. Depending on how much money you are willing to spend, you can stuff the 27" with all there is or go for the 21" version. I think that would be a good option, you can get that with up to 3.1 GHz and 16GB RAM, that should take you a...
  12. A

Canon prevents me from buying the 7D Mark II

I live in Sweden and will upgrade to the latest version of LR when I get a new computer later this year. I have to say that I also found it very difficult to understand if there are any perpetual licenses out there to buy from looking at Adobe's website so I have to agree with your first...
  13. A

Woe and Pathos in the Sigma 50 Art?

Hi, very interesting input. I am getting this lens in a couple of months (when I get paid for an article with pictures I just sold). I'd definitely like to know more on how you went about this.
  14. A

Dustin Abbott Reviews Tamron 28-300 FF

Jumboshrimp, are you Dustin's alternate user name here?
  15. A

Small or Large Thumbnails - Poll

Definitely want the large thumbnails, I rarely click on pictures but look at them in preview only. Smaller thumbnails ruins the whole gallery idea, my opinion.
  16. A

Microsoft and Canon Sign Patent Cross-Licensing Agreement

Does this mean we will have to reboot the camera efter every picture we take?
  17. A

Waiting for the 35 1.4L II

Tack Viggo, that's good information, I might just have to take a look at the Sigma 50 then anyway. I definitely haven't shot 100k pictures with the 35L, maybe 10k. I am also only a hobbyist, I am often not sure of what to look at to determine the quality of a picture, but I like what I get from...
  18. A

Waiting for the 35 1.4L II

Well, it's another one of those impossible questions. But as it involves my favourite lens I will reply. Just get it, there's no way you will be disappointed. It's a 16 year old construction but still performs amazingly well for me on my 5DIII. When the Mk2 comes out you won't have lost much...
  19. A

Canon EF-M 55-200 f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Gets Official

I am very happy with this announcement. I have planned for some time to get the M with the 22mm, now this will make the whole package even more attractive as a second camera for travel and also the weekend family outings. They wouldn't launch this lens if they weren't committed to this platform...
  20. A

Canon Announces Two New EF Ultra Wide-Angle Zoom Lenses and White EOS Rebel SL1 Digital SLR Camera

Re: Canon Announces Two New EF Ultra Wide-Angle Zoom Lenses and White EOS Rebel SL1 Digital SLR Came Ha ha, one can't be suspicious enough... I think it looks good. Makes me want one even if I am not really in the market for a wide. It will be interesting to see reviews.