Search results

1. W

Buyer Beware: Counterfeit B+W Filters Being Sold on Amazon

Was wondering if anyone can post a photo of how the "B+W" logo on the genuine XS-Pro filters look like. I just bought some filters from Amazon, which have same features as the ones mentioned in the article. However, the font used for the "B+W" logo is different from my older F-Pro filters...
  2. W

New EOS M Camera & Lens Make an Appearance

From my point of view, this is a smart move from Canon, if it will be introduced at a cheap price. Regular P&S market is almost dead, as phone cameras are doing a pretty good job in covering most of the consumers daily needs from a pocket camera. With cameras like the M10 and the G9, Canon is...
  3. W

Nikon announced D750

+1 This camera will kill the sales of the newly announced D610, which killed the newly announced D600 few months earlier. It's a good competitor to the 6D though, and I hope Canon's 6D Mark II will have a real focusing system, not that desperate 1 cross type point one.
  4. W

The New Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Pancake

The only reason I could think of for this lens being f/2.8 not f/2, is to not let it compete directly with the 22mm f/2 M lens. If so, then this may mean that Canon aren't giving up on the M system yet. Yet, I consider it a very nice move from Canon. With this lens, the 40mm pancake, and the...
  5. W

First Looks at Canon EF 16-35mm f/4 L IS USM Lens Image Quality

I think this lens is a good update for the current 17-40. It wasn't intended by Canon to replace its current high end UWA 16-35L f/2.8 II, which explains why the new f/4 IS lens is not blowing the f/2.8 II out of the water. If I was an owner of the f/2.8 II, I won't sell it for the new f/4 IS...
  6. W

What was your first L lens?

My first L lens was the 35L, bought it as an upgrade to my only fast prime at the time (the 50mm f1.4), as I needed a wider lens to be my all around lens. The 135L followed a month later as a result of watching dozens of amazing shots taken with that lens on flickr!
  7. W

List of rumored lenses

It's interesting to see that the rumored lenses in 2010 remain as is in 2014!
  8. W

Lens Advise for Europe Vacation

I've been to Paris last October with 4 lenses: * Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L * Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L * Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II * Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS The lenses I used mainly: the 35L & 85L. The 17-40L & 100L were useful on rainy days. The 17-40L was my main for architecture. If I had your set of...
  9. W

General purpose zoom for honeymoon

On my honeymoon I travelled with my 5DIII, 17-40L, 35L, 135L, and extenders. I can't tell I had troubles carrying this around all day, as I've been a professional athlete for some long time of my life, but maybe others may feel the weight after few hours. Anyway, if I had your gear, I would pick...