Search results

1. I

Your favourite motorsports events

Hello again, Thanks for the kind words to Click, Roo and Graham. I've flipped a bit through the latest pages of the thread, there are quite a few nice pics in there. Good job everyone.
  2. I

Your favourite motorsports events

Hi Guys, Its been a long time away from the forum, but a couple weeks ago was the Fall Classic at Mont-Tremblant in Québec (Canada). I tought it would be time to bring my oldest son (4 and a half) to his first race and he LOVED it. Here are a couple of the pics I took of the cars racing. As...
  3. I

Your best images of 2015?

It is true that it's often said that centered horizon is poor composition, but given the way the cloud shape answers the banks and the balance of light between the lowwr and upper parts of the image, I think this happens to be one good example of 'unless there are good reasons to do so'.
  4. I

Cars cars cars (and some bikes)

This looks genuinely entertaining! And to quote a well know petrolhead: 'How hard can it be?'. Cheers
  5. I

Getting The Shot Vs Ethical Behaviour

I'm a bit late to the party but I'd like to have a second opinion on the hypocrisy of declaring finger pointers as the worst class of human being... Also, the debate appears to me as somewhat in fringe of the legal sphere. Laws are often quite late to deal with emerging trends (and sometimes...
  6. I

Adobe doubles profits, share price reflects investor satisfaction at CC model.

The website does say full raw conversion and 16 bit per channel. Professional is however written often enough to raise doubts... I am a Windows and linux user however so the Mac only support is a problem. IfbI owned a Mac, I'd be happy to try the software though.
  7. I

Adobe doubles profits, share price reflects investor satisfaction at CC model.

I would have to agree that CC, as is 'software as a service (SAS)' in general makes perfect sense in a business environment where it provides flexibility on the number of licenses required/available and the support. Also, from Adobe's point of view, it sure is a win-win situation as they can...
  8. I

Smartphones going the way of the dinosaur?

My take on this story, the dinosaurs are not ready for smartphones yet.
  9. I

I'm surprised to read that they would have past in another bracket. My understanding is that the emission control that were deactivated during normal driving caused up to 40 times more emissions for certain types of gases (NOx for one). That seems like quite a big difference compared to their...
  10. I

Well, I agree that VW's problem is getting caught but honestly, I care more about THE problem. Yet I
  11. I

That is a funny read given recent history of a major german car manufacturer (that was depicted here)...
  12. I

2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

I would bet Bernie sees Asia as a market with much more potential growth than the Americas. I also am pretty sure he considers Montreal as a US grand-prix, so he already has two in north america. Not to mention that the legal context in Asia must be much easier to deal with than in the states or...
  13. I

2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Nice images Stewart, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I've also been caught off by changing light conditions in Montreal in the past. It is already hard enough for an amateur like me to manage manual mode and panning for nsuch fast cars slamming the brakes without dealing with changing light...
  14. I

Attachments not showing in the 'Mechanicals' thread of the 'Macro' forum

Hi, Not that it is a big problem, but I'd like to mention that attachments are not visible or accessible in the 'Mechanicals' thread of the 'Macro' forum. The links appear to be broken.. I'm not having problems with any other thread I've visited. I'm viewing in Firefox 40.0.3 from a windows 8.1...
  15. I

This illustrates how hard it is to sell

They pay huge amounts for their licences, and are given strict requirements on maingenance, vehicle inspection, logging their hours insurance, routing quality etc. That Ub just skips. It is not just the paper that is at stake, its the legal obligations that come with it. Check your car insurance...
  16. I

One of Quebec's leading photojournalists has all is archives stolen

It appears they targeted the archive, curiously... As we are speaking of a news photographer, I guess one motive could be retaliation from someone or a group that had something against the way he depicted them, or a group that was angry at the subject he covered in his more artistic work. From...
  17. I

There is one thing that many often overlook. When the unlimited cloud storage offers are inexpensive, their terms and conditions can also be such that it might become unsuitable for professional archives. What I mean is that if there is to be any kind of proprietary or sensitive data, the access...
  18. I

I fully understand the requirement for backup, but I feel like I can see a photojournalist being under enough pressure for work to postpone the off-location backup to a further date until there is just so much to backup that he gets overburdened by the task and just goes along. To his defense...
  19. I

Sorry for the main article being in french, but its a saddening, angering and somewhat stunning story. After hearing about stolen camera gear from the games, this story puts things in perspective. Gear is expensive, but can be replaced. On the other end, your work can't be replaced... Jacques...
  20. I

Disney Bans Selfie Sticks in its Theme Parks

Having information available, then finding it, then reading it, then understanding it... that makes for a whole lot of steps where things can go wrong... And then, the psychological aspects come to play... http://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/xge-0000070.pdf