Search results

1. M

Lightroom Classic MacBook Pro 16-inch M1 Pro vs. MacBook Pro 14-inch M2 Max: Editing Performance Comparison

Dear Community, I recently upgraded my 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro (10-core CPU, 16-core GPU, 16GB RAM, and 1TB SSD) to a 2023 MacBook Pro M2 Max (12-core CPU, 30-core GPU, 32GB RAM, and 1TB SSD). The MacBook Pro 16-inch was a significant improvement over my 2016 model and handled my R5 files with...
  2. M

Is a Canon RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS on the way? [CR1]

Instant buy if this is real! I don't care about the weight and cost.
  3. M

Save $40 on the brand new Topaz Photo AI software, which brings popular tools into one package

It is painfully slow for batch processing, even with exported 4MP Jpeg files it takes forever on my M1 Max. The results are however better IMO but I will not be using it if it is this slow.
  4. M

Canon RF 24mm F1.8 Macro discussion

I got a message from the retailer that the new RF 24mm are stocked and ready to be shipped. I ordered it and and it is being shipped today. I expect it to arrive Monday or Tuesday just before my trip to Ibiza where it would be used. I am curious if others have there samples in as well and have a...
  5. M

Canon officially announces the RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM and RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

I was really excited for this lens until I watched this guys review : I don't speak/understand french but from what I could understand, this lens also has heavy corrections applied to it. That barrel distorten and heavy vignetting and the smearing near the borders are kind of off putting. It...
  6. M

R5 rattling sound when removing lens

Thanks PCM-madison. That sounds like my problem as well. Did some more troubleshooting by replacing it with 3 batteries and also reverting back to factory settings. It happens all the time. I can sometimes "fool" it by re-instering a lens 3-4 times in row. And it will hold that for a couple of...
  7. M

Hi, thanks for the reply. I always remove the lens after I feel shutter curtain comes down.
  8. M

A google search did not answer my question and the manuals did not mention this either as far as I could search for it. So that is why I am posting this here. When I detach (any) RF lens from my turned off R5, there is a rattling sound happening all the time. It is like the sensor cleaning is...
  9. M

Adobe adds support for the Canon EOS R3 and more

Agree. Hopefully they can fix this in the next "big" update. A Spot healing brush that's just like the PS version would be a winner.
  10. M

Adobe adds support for the Canon EOS R3 and more

Finally! This is such good news and very relieving. I was so frustrated with this that I hated editing the images from the R5 and R6 with lightroom, especially for low light images were all the colors, noise and details were totally off. I could not get the "look" I wanted with the built in...
  11. M

Here is the Canon EOS R3

If that is real, it looks really really sexy! :love: Curious how this performs as a stills machine seeing how good the R5 already is!
  12. M

Delays seem to be the name of the game for 2021

That 24mm 1.8 would be an instant buy for me :love::love:
  13. M

SIGMA to start producing RF mount lenses in 2021

Sigma is going to steal the wind from Canon if they come up with affordable, high IQ fast primes.
  14. M

Here are different ways to cool the Canon EOS R5, watercooling and more

I am not even a video guy but that second half of the video is actually pretty damn brilliant!
  15. M

Two ‘Big Whites’ coming for the RF mount in 2021 [CR2]

A smaller and lighter RF 300 2.8 is a lens I would love to have.
  16. M

EOS R vs R5/R6 metering- in evaluative

It is the same but I a feeling that the R5 is underexposing it a little compare to the R when shooting in AV or TV mode. I always almost compensate with +1/3 or +2/3 of a stop. The R was almost always spot I recon (for my style at least).
  17. M

R5 - Single Point AF + Tracking

I don't have my R anymore but I could (almost swear) that the single point AF could track in Servo mode. But I just cannot seem to figure this out on the R5. When I point the box on the subject and start metering, the box just stays there and does not move or track when the subject (or me)...
  18. M

Only 2 minutes of HQ 4k video after 164 images

This is not an uncommon phenomenon and not exclusive to the R5. It happens on all photo cameras. Even my 40D once "overheated" on a hot sweaty festival tent in high summer. Yes a hot environment will introduce more noise to the image because the sensor gets hot too, nothing you should be...
  19. M

R5 - Eye autofocus exposure in One-Shot and AI Servo

Just little clarification, this happens in the AV and TV modes where exposure compensation is a 0. Did a little bit more testing.. This also happens with AF point selection with AI Servo it seems, where the exposure is about a stop darker.
  20. M

R5 - Eye autofocus exposure in One-Shot and AI Servo

I have noticed that my R5 underexposes about 1 or 2 stops when user AI Servo, especially with back lit subjects. But it exposes perfectly when switched to One-Shot. I only tested this with Eye autofocus but not with the other modes yet. Did anyone else noticed this behavior as well? I don't...