Search results

1. S

Canon R with EF-S lens?

Interesting. Is it only for 4k video? It is capable to take a cropped picture with EF-S? Thanks
  2. S

Canon R with EF-S lens?

Excuse my ignorance, but I feel like I am missing something. The new adapters for the RF mount state that it can take EF-S lenses. However, I thought EF-S lenses were only for crop sensors. How can a full frame sensor use a EF-S lens?
  3. S

77D features above/beyond the 800D?

Price is the same for either model. That leads me to think that the 77D is meant for a second camera for someone with a XD or XXD since the controls will be similar.
  4. S

Canon Announces the EOS M6

This is the camera I've been waiting for. DPAF in a small interchangeable lens camera with hot shoe. Will be able to replace my 70D and also use it for backpacking and bikepacking. :)
  5. S

Images for EOS Rebel 750D & EOS 760D Appear

Re: Images for EOS Rebel 750D & EOS 760D Appear Don't forget dual pixel auto focus. I'm not sure how well the hybrid CMOS III will work, but I would bet DPAF is better.
  6. S

Official: Preorder the Canon EOS Rebel T6i & Rebel T6s

Re: Official: Preorder the Canon EOS Rebel T6i & Rebel T6s Interesting. I was thinking who would buy the T6s or T6i over the 70D? I guess to each his own. What specs do you find superior on the T6i?
  7. S

Official: Preorder the Canon EOS Rebel T6i & Rebel T6s

Re: Official: Preorder the Canon EOS Rebel T6i & Rebel T6s So no DPAF. Looks like Canon is using that to differentiate the prosumer models. My guess is the 6D II will get it next and then maybe the 5D IV. I love DPAF on my 70D.
  8. S

Canon EOS M3 Specifications

Love the addition of a small grip and pop-up flash. Disappointed that DPAF is not on the spec list.
  9. S

Images for EOS Rebel 750D & EOS 760D Appear

Re: Images for EOS Rebel 750D & EOS 760D Appear It will be interesting to see what will differentiate these two cameras. If neither has DPAF than the 70D still has good placement.
  10. S

Sigma 24-105 f/4 DG OS Discontinued

I think this shows the difficulty a third party lens manufacturer has. They have to make lenses that are either: [list type=decimal] Ultra sharp Ultra cheap Ultra unique [/list] And do it a good price point. This lens doesn't seem to fit any of the qualifications.
  11. S

18-135 STM Focus issue

Thanks for the responses. If never had to send equipment back before. I bought it at Adorama. Do I send it back to them or to Canon. I hate sending things back. :'( Such a hassle.
  12. S

18-135 STM Focus issue

I have had my 70D and 18-135 STM for a couple of months and I've noticed an issue. It happens when I have focused on something close to me then zoom out to 135mm. When I then try to focus on a distant subject it constantly focus hunts. The only way I can achieve focus is by zooming back to 120mm...
  13. S

Auto Focus MicroAdjust--Why the Stigma?

Thanks. I'm going to try it on my own and if that doesn't work I will look into automatic options. Thanks for sharing.
  14. S

Good info. I think I will give it a try knowing I can reverse it back the the original state.
  15. S

It scares me too. :-[ I have had my 70D for a couple of months now and I haven't tried it. Don - Do you recommend the pro version or would the plus version be sufficient?
  16. S

New EF-S 18-300 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Around the Corner? [CR1]

Depending on the cost and IQ, I will sell my 18-135 STM and pick this one up for my all-around/travel lens.
  17. S

NEW CAMERA - EOS 80D?

My guess is that it is the next top of line APS-C Rebel. It may even start a new line of rebels. It would widen the gap between the Txi and the Tx lines. Having this rebel get closer to the layout of the xxD series would be good for those who want a second or backup camera that already have an...
  18. S

Help needed with filters for my 70D 18-135mm IS STM

I have a B+H UV filter on my 18-135 STM. For $40 I thought it was a good deal. http://mobile.adorama.com/BW67UVM.html?utm_source=Transactional&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=ShippingConfirmation&utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided I have a Hoya CP filter that I have had for a few years. When I...
  19. S

A-DEP with touch screen

I never used the A-DEP mode on my T1i, but I was thinking it might be a good mode with a touch screen in live view. I can invision tapping on the subjects I want in focus on the screen and the camera selecting the largest aperture that could keep them all in focus. I wouldn't mind A-DEP being...
  20. S

Sigma 18-35 1.8 or EF 16-35 2.8 for 70D

I have the 70D and the Sigma 18-35. I love the combination. I love it for low lighting situations and anything else I shoot with it. With that said my next lens purchase will be the 10-18 STM for landscape and architecture. I feel like 18 is not wide enough on a crop. If you do not need a fast...