Search results

1. J

Canon Patent Application: New Composite element for a RF 50mm F1.4

This must be a fake patent. I refuse to believe Canon will ever make a 50mm F1.4 :D The RF 24-70mm f/4 could be nice if it had the macro capability of the EF version, but Sony have set the bar higher with their 20-70 f/4
  2. J

Canon Patent Application: Canon RF Macro Lenses

The 90mm would be nice. But after seeing the new Panasonic 100mm macro, it should not be heavier (300g).
  3. J

What I would like to see in 2024

I would like to see some lenses that already exist for other systems - 20-70mm (Sony), lightweight 100mm 1:1 macro (Panasonic), 50mm f/1.4 (Sony).
  4. J

Canon Patent Application: APS-C 15-45mm

15-45 is better than 18-45, but for me the question is, are there going to be some good RF-s lenses? Something like EF-s 60mm macro or EF-s 15-85 (maybe lighter)? Now it's just a typical Canon galore of 18-whatever f/too-high. It's a pity since EOS R7 is a nice body.
  5. J

Patent Application: Canon RF-S prosumer lenses

I guess you prefer constant aperture to zoom without changing it. I think today's variable aperture lenses allow that. The only exception is when it's not physically possible - when you choose the lowest aperture on wide end and zoom in. So I think a f/2.8-f/4 lens is better than a constant f/4...
  6. J

Patent: Canon presents some interesting fast zoom lens optical formulas

It looks like a result of a contest of 7 Canon engineers designing a 30cm long lens :D But the 45-130 f/2.2 could be interesting for all kinds of portraits.
  7. J

Here is what Canon is announcing next, including the EOS R7, EOS R10 and RF-S lenses [CR3]

If they launch a new platform with 18-45 and 18-150, it's probably not going to be interesting anytime soon. I'm afraid they will continue with 18-200 and 18-300 :confused:
  8. J

Here is the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

I guess it's the SAuron control ring - when you turn it right, you become invisible (for better macro), but you should never turn it left ... ;)
  9. J

Firmware: Canon updates firmware for the EOS R6, EOS R, EOS Ra, EOS RP and the EOS-1D X Mark III

I would welcome a possibility to put a camera to sleep on a button press. It's very easy to keep the camera awake and drain its battery, if your hand gets close to the viewfinder on/off sensor. The on/off switch is not practical, since you cannot wake the camera up just by pressing the shutter...
  10. J

Canon to announce the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM and RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM soon

I hope the 50mm will be a 1:2 macro lens.
  11. J

Well, well, well… could this be Canon’s lens roadmap for 2021? [CR2]

I was hoping for the rumored (or appearing in patents) 18-45 non-L lens.
  12. J

Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

I would want a 1:1 macro lens, something around 90mm f2.8 or f4, so it's smaller and lighter than the EF 100mm macro.
  13. J

There may be a higher-end APS-C mirrorless announced in late 2020, early 2021 [CR2]

I was hoping for a higher end EOS-M camera, but I think it will not come - for pricing reasons. It would probably cost around $1500 witch is already a fullframe territory. It would also require better lenses. Canon prioritizes RF mount, so I think it makes more sense to spend that money on an RF...
  14. J

Further clarification of what will be announced by Canon next month

If there is a wireless transmitter, does it mean that at least one of R5/R6 will not have a wifi built-in? It doesn't sound good.
  15. J

Review: Canon RF 24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM

I think it's a very nice lens for 200€ in a kit. Especially for cases when you want something lightweight or when there is a risk of the lens getting damaged (sand and such).
  16. J

Here are more Canon EOS R6 Specifications [CR2]

"Build quality not as good as the EOS R5" I hope it has a reasonable weather sealing. That's my biggest gripe about the RP - its battery door is a joke.
  17. J

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

If the R6 has a 20MPx sensor, it will be able to use very high ISOs, so high f/11 should not be a problem. Or maybe Canon just want to make the f/7.1 lenses more attractive - suddenly, they seem to be quite fast ;)
  18. J

What’s a “realistic” lens that you’d like to see Canon make?

RF 20-85 3.5-5.6 0.7 macro Perfect lens for nature photography and probably quite possible to implement.
  19. J

Canon EOS RP body price confirmed at $1299 USD, and we’re very happy about it

I think it will be called RIP when discontinued ;)
  20. J

EOS 6D Mark II to Move Upmarket? [CR1]

I think it's quite logical move - they will release 5Dmk4 and it will be easy to buy a 5Dmk3 for a good price. But Canon wants people to buy new cameras, not used ones. So they must make 6Dmk2 comparable with the current 5Dmk3. In the same was as the current 6D is comparable with 5Dmk2.