Search results

1. Q

Canon Officially Announces the EOS 6D Mark II

I shoot the A7RII. Yes, it *does* have a big boost in sensor quality over anything Canon. Sorry dude, but I shoot both systems. No speculation here.
  2. Q

OMG! Dpreview.com sees the A9 unter 90%

I have the A7R2. There is a reason why it has a 95% score. Just sayin'. You can be a hater or you can try it for yourself. So, what's the point? You asking for feedback on their service? I have used Sony's service and Sony quickly fixed my A7R2 for free when it was out of warranty and...
  3. Q

The forum has to be redone, What needs to stay?

1. No changes to the design. 2. Add a DIY and Sales sections. Ban Neuro -- he's a cancer on these boards.
  4. Q

Mercedes vs. Lexus.... huh? A 2 week spin w/ a Mk IV

Until you shoot Zeiss.
  5. Q

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Sony A7RII, Metabones IV T adapter, Canon 500mm f/4L II, Canon 1.4x III extender
  6. Q

5D4 Sensor Defect Discovered

Stop correcting others. Nobody cares what you think you know.
  7. Q

SONY A99 ii VS Canon 5div

If you shoot in RAW, you can adjust the color balance with no problems. Also, with all of that experience, surely you are capable of adjusting your white balance in the camera. That said, the coloring above looks weird. If anything, my A7RII tends to a slightly green cast. Again, easily...
  8. Q

M5 First impressions at DPR

Entry level at $1,099? Um, okay.
  9. Q

Costa Rica: 300 2.8 II or 100-400 II

I would bring the 600, 100-400, extender, and a normal-wide zoom (e.g., 24-70 or 16-35). The 300 is optional. The 100-400 is so much more versatile than the 300/2.8. The nasty bokeh and speed are the price for versatility. I've spent several months in Costa Rica. You will see wildlife up...
  10. Q

A Canon DSLR First Coming to EOS 5D Mark IV [CR2]

OVF/EVF is the one they need.
  11. Q

Peak Design 30L Backpack $229

I bought a Gura Gear Bataflae 32L that cost me $450 USD, I think. I was not happy for paying that amount, and it still bothers me. At the time, it was the only bag that could carry what I wanted to carry, so I reluctantly bought it. I still have it. Awesome bag. Amazing construction. Very...
  12. Q

Fujifilm Unveils the New X-T2, the Ultimate Mirrorless Camera with New Autofocus System and 4K Video

Re: Fujifilm Unveils the New X-T2, the Ultimate Mirrorless Camera with New Autofocus System and 4K V I think some previewers have stated that the XT-2 has USB charging. If so, this is a killer feature. I use my portable USB charger/battery with my A7RII and I rarely have to switch out batteries.
  13. Q

DxO comparison: Sony 24-70/2.8GM vs. Canon 24-70/2.8LII

Oh wait...it's neuroatonomist...making smarmy comments about other posters on this site while lurking in a Sony thread...a "system" for which he takes extensive efforts to denigrate at every opportunity. How original. ::)
  14. Q

Getting sharp pictures with 7DII - need advice please

You are not alone. I've gotten a lot of sharp shots with my 7D2, but I have gotten a lot of clunkers too. Generally, I have had good results with the 100-400 version 2. I noticed that I could not get a sharp shot, no matter the circumstance, when the 7D2 was paired with my 500/4 version 1...
  15. Q

Really Right Stuff - Should I shoot?

I have never used a RRS tripod, leveling base, or quick columns. However, I have three Gitzos (1, 2, and 3 series) and I have a Acratech leveling base, so I have some experience trying different configurations that may be useful to you. Generally speaking, you will get the most stability from...
  16. Q

Nikon D5 Sensor Score from DXOMark

Per DxO, the D5 DR smokes the 1DX DR. I guess the 80D is better than the 1DX? Is that what we should conclude?
  17. Q

Nikon D5 Sensor Score from DXOMark

By whose measurement? Yours? Canon's? Where is the 80D review in DxO? Oh yeah, they don't have one.
  18. Q

example of 6 stop push in post

No, I think you should waste your time doing this. In fact, you should do it with your phone because we are in an era where that is good enough, right?
  19. Q

Test an Exmor before making this statement. I'm not saying they are perfect, but they are in a different league than Canon. Here's a 2-stop push with the 645Z. No degraded IQ to my eye. I get similar results from my A7RII: http://starvingphotographer.com/pentax-645z-real-world-dynamic-range/
  20. Q

The point behind the multi-stop pushes is that with some sensors (Exmors), there is substantially less decline in image quality when pushing an image when compared to Canon sensors. So, the theory is that you can take a picture at ISO 3200 with 9 stops of dynamic range, or you can take it at...