Search results

1. nc0b

Lens recommendations for EU trip

I'll be taking a 6D and 5Dsr, plus a limited number of lenses. I need input on which to take besides the 24-105 f/4. Options: 16-35 f/4, 85 f/1.8, 70-200 f/4 or f/2.8, 100-400 II. No tripod and no speed light, and my choices have to fit in my backpack along with a 4 pound laptop. We land in...
  2. nc0b

Color balance 6D vs. 60D

An experiment to compare a 400mm f/5.6 on a 60D vs. the same lens on a 6D with the 1.4X TC III (manual focus) ended up displaying a vastly different color balance. The 60D has much cooler (more blue) tones than the 6D with the TC and the same lens. I checked the Picture Style on both bodies...
  3. nc0b

Auto focus BIF 6D vs. 60D

I am consistently getting significantly sharper pictures of my resident eagles and hawks in flight with my 6D over my 60D. In all cases I am using the same 400mm f/5.6 lens. I usually shoot at f/8 and 1/1000 sec or faster. I use the center focus point with both bodies, and use apurture priority...
  4. nc0b

Trip to Easter Island & Machu Picchu. Need advice.

In November my wife and I are headed to the aforementioned destinations. What we can bring is rather limited in weight and bulk, so I need some first-hand advice as to how much camera equipment to bring. As a minimum I will take my 6D and 24-105mm f/4 lens. I would also like to take a 60D and...