Search results

1. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you, ISv! Yes, I loved my Canon R5 (as well as 5Dm3/4 before). They are excellent cameras, but I started to look in different directions mostly because of lenses. EF 100-400 and RF 100-500 are too short and too slow for me. What I need is a reasonably fast lens in the 600-800mm range. I...
  2. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks! Most of these are Sony A1 + 200-600mm. I think the last one was Nikon Z9 + 400mm F/4.5. You can see full exifs and geotags on Flickr if you click on the photos.
  3. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you, guys! I'm glad you liked the photos. I like them, too! ;)
  4. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Non-Canon photo dump Glossy ibis DSC00540 by Cog2012, on Flickr Little owl DSC01363 by Cog2012, on Flickr Isabelline shrike DSC03068 by Cog2012, on Flickr Grey-headed swamphen DSC03561 by Cog2012, on Flickr DSC03539 by Cog2012, on Flickr Red-wattled lapwing DSC04060 by Cog2012, on...
  5. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF, Click Thanks a lot, guys!
  6. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

October non-Canon photo dump Ruddy turnstone Whimbrel Little grebe Cattle egret Black-winged stilt Red-wattled lapwing
  7. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Many thanks, Maximilian!
  8. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you, Click!
  9. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Non-Canon September photo dump Gray heron Barn swallow Eurasian hoopoe Socotra cormorant Great crested grebe Great grey shrike Marsh harrier Whimbrel Ruddy turnstone
  10. Cog

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Thank you, Maximilian!
  11. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you, shire_guy! Neither do I. :)
  12. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Ah, I thought you meant Canon EF 200-400, the big guy with the extender... It is really huge. Sony 200-600 is also not light. I'd say it's manageable, but I always bring it to the shooting spot in a car. I rarely just walk with it. I'd either have it with me in a kayak or put on a tripod under...
  13. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you, Alan! 200-400 is very heavy indeed. This was the main reason why I never considered this lens for myself. But I saw the pics, they are great.
  14. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you, Click!
  15. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

A few non-Canon (=Sony) photos shot in August Egyptian nightjar White-eared bulbul Eurasian collared dove Great crested grebe Little owl
  16. Cog

Reptiles and Amphibians

Like I said (I think, in the discussion in the Bird portraits thread), the two cameras do produce a slightly different picture. I was never able to have identical colors in post. The top one is Canon, the bottom one is Sony.
  17. Cog

Reptiles and Amphibians

Thank you, Click!
  18. Cog

Reptiles and Amphibians

I thought about it, too, but no. :) When the lizard was sitting quietly for a while and I had a chance to get closer and take pictures on both cameras, they looked the same.
  19. Cog

Reptiles and Amphibians

I managed to get a bit more colorful pics of the agama with my Sony combo. It's just amazing how this lizard can change its color.
  20. Cog

Show your Bird Portraits

To make it clear, I never did any tests, and I very often shoot on Sony 200-600 with the open aperture, and it works fine for me. I never intentionally stop it down to F/8 just to get more sharpness. If necessary, I add sharpness in post. But it could be also perceived sharpness. Canon looks...