Search results

1. Viper28

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Been a while since I came back to this thread, so here are a couple of the Dark Falcon F16AM
  2. Viper28

I've never done the A5 pass before (this is at the top end of LFA7 in mid Wales and overlooks Lake Ogwen) so with the promise of traffic using it to get to the RAF Valley Families day I thought I'd give it a go. In the end the Reds, BBMF Spitfire, Typhoon and GR4 all avoid it, leaving just the...
  3. Viper28

Hi Graham, Tornado is schedules to leave RAF service mid-2019. There are now only approx. 30 left in the active fleet. Another squadron will disband at the end of this month so I expect that to drop further. The "bomb bus" will still be in service with the German, Italian and Saudi airfoces for...
  4. Viper28

Hi Graham, thanks for the comments. The Tornado is fitted with reverse thrusters (its I think the only operational fast jet that now is (the Saab JAS37 was the other one) and its that that throws up all the soot on the tail. Although it was intended for wet surface / short field operations most...
  5. Viper28

I've hardly got out to use the camera in ages but finally got the chance of a few days in the loop this week. I'd hoped for a few more snowy backdrops but just really got the bitterly cold wind instead! Monday, Bwlch Exit: 6 passes from Hoss-31 and 32 and then Monster1 and 2 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5...
  6. Viper28

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

A few of the Red Kites taken at Gigrin Farm feeding station in Mid-Wales, UK. Canon 7D+300/2.8L
  7. Viper28

Three Canon Lens Masters Pick Their Favourite Lenses

That I own the 300/2.8L That I rent regularly the 200-400/4 1.4x just does everything I want, great design, fast focus and sharp
  8. Viper28

New Sigma Lenses Coming Today

I'll be very interested to see some data on the 500/4. I'm in the market for such a lens at the moment having decided to go FF to supplement my 300/2.8L. Never thought much of there old 500/4.5 but you never know.....
  9. Viper28

Could be my last trip to the LFA with the 7D before an (overdue) upgrade. Know your in for a treat when your hear on the radio "Any radio, any radio, Thud flight of four foxtrot-one-five-echos, five hundred knots, five hundred feet for 10-mikes..." Not landlocked but the WSO was...
  10. Viper28

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

As most of you would know I normally take pictures of military jets but just down the road from my usual haunts is a farm that once a day feeds the local Red Kite (Milvus Milvus) population. There are hundreds of them in the air at any one point of time and its like a maelstrom of feathers, its...
  11. Viper28

one for now from RAF Marham today.... Apache Boom! Canon 7D + 300/2.8L
  12. Viper28

A Canon DSLR First Coming to EOS 5D Mark IV [CR2]

cup holder, you can never have enough cup holders ::)
  13. Viper28

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Spec List [CR1]

Give or take a frame the 5D's frame rate has always been about 50% of the equivalent era 1D(s/x) body in normal operating mode so my money is on a 7-fps 5D4, bit slower than I'd like but I'd live with it. 28mpx will do very nicely for me ditto the AF system The rest is just sugar on the cake really
  14. Viper28

Thank you Couple more off the hills, this time Tarnish-21 a rare "clean" jet
  15. Viper28

there is not a lot lower, faster or louder than a Panavia Tornado GR4 low level through the welsh MTA. This is Marham-37 in the 31-Sqn 100th Anniversary jet going for it on the deck, 250', 450 knots
  16. Viper28

Nice Growler! On my bucket list of places to do, they had a F4 through the other day :o
  17. Viper28

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specification List [CR1]

24mpx? I'd have thought that was a more suitable upgrade figure for the 6D2, I would hope they hit (at least) 28mpx for the 5D4. I'd also hope for 8fps
  18. Viper28

More on the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV in 2016 [CR2]

Looks like I'm going to have to buy something " temporary" for 2016 then :-\ my 7D has served me well but at 200k clicks it needs to go and I want to go FF. I was hoping fore something around 28mpx and 8fps from the 5D4, might still get that but not this year it seems. Been a Canon user for...
  19. Viper28

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Replacement Talk [CR1]

They can call it whatever they like, 5DX, 5D4 even "Cindy", don't care as long as they deliver it soon, hopefully with c. 30mpx, 8fps and upgraded AF.