Search results

1. Viper28

Tower Of London - Poppy River Of Blood

Taken last year at the Tower of London of the poppy river around the moat. For those of you that don't know this is made up of 888,246 ceramic poppies, one for each fallen British service man in WW1. It was a very emotional sight to say the least. #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 Single poppy...
  2. Viper28

CP+ 2015: Canon shows off prototype 120MP CMOS sensor

I'm sure we have seem a 120mpx APS-H sensor before: http://www.dpreview.com/articles/2549658574/cp-2015-canon-shows-off-prototype-120mp-cmos-sensor The bit that caught my attention was:
  3. Viper28

Carrying Handle To Attach To Tripod Collar / Foot?

Hi, Rightly or wrongly when I'm out and about I tend to carry my camera + 300/2.8L via the tripod / collar foot (with it reversed so its at the top). This is fine for a while but as its basicaly a two figure grip offer a few hours can get a bit painful. The other day I noticed that the Sigma...
  4. Viper28

Sparrow Hawk vs. Dove

I was sitting in my watching TV. We have a couple of bird feeders close to the patio windows which we always keep topped up. Nothing special on them, just a common dove minding its own…. Then it was a cloud of feathers: Pays to know where your camera gear is!
  5. Viper28

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

I had a quick search on the forum and could not find a topic on this so, here goes. My main photographic passion is military aircraft. Although I do often take shots at airshows or bases, the thing I enjoy most is photographing them in the low level training areas, mainly in the UK. To show you...