Search results

1. C

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

Totally agree. I sold almost all my EF lenses when I went mirrorless but I kept the 132 f2 L because I've always loved the images it produces. It would take some stellar reviews to make it worth it for me to get the new RF lens. But I'm still surprised the price isn't $3299 with the explanation...
  2. C

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

Maybe my brain is ruined because of inflation and what not but does $2099 for a 1.8 L lens from Canon seem ... reasonable? I was expecting to be very disappointed with the 3000+ price tag.
  3. C

The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L USM is coming in Q4 of 2022 [CR3]

Yeah I agree and I don't know exactly why. I had the EF70-200 (f4 but still) and the EF135 f2 and I just vastly preferred the pics and the shooting experience with the 135. It was, again for unexplainable reasons, the lens I would nature walk with especially for fall colors. It forced me to not...
  4. C

Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

135mm L -- my favorite focal length. I don't think I need (or could lift or afford) the rumored f1.4 version. 15 (ish) f/2 IS prime -- this or something similar for super wide landscape (many variations noted above) superwhites for RF -- 300 f2.8, or 400 f.4. good with the extenders of course.
  5. C

Further talk about the fate of the EOS M system

Well I was with you until this last part. If Canon releases 2 new M series cameras in 2021 with no intention of continuing the line I think people have a right to be annoyed without being labeled juvenile whiners. I guess you just seem really aggressive in your tone and I don't understand. But...
  6. C

To be clear I don't have any skin in this game. I don't own and M-line camera so it can be continued or discontinued and I won't be affected. My point is that the latest batch of rumors aren't consistent. Canon has two choices: (1) End of life the EF-M camera line and lenses. Budget market is...
  7. C

While this is technically correct it isn't the whole picture. Part of the attraction to a ILC system is the mount and the family of available lenses. Imagine if Canon came out with a high MP R3 next year but it used the RF+ mount and wasn't compatible with any of the RF lenses. And then the R1...
  8. C

Lensrentals.com: Canon RF 600mm f/11 IS STM Teardown

I think the capabilities far surpass that modest standard. Here's some samples of the 600mm + the x1.4 extender. I was pretty impressed considering the weight of the lens: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1658740
  9. C

New EOS M camera specifications [CR1]

I can't speak for Canon but the M series is their best seller by far so I would think they are indeed quite committed.
  10. C

2019 global camera market share numbers are out, Canon leads the way

I'll add that when the specs were leaked many many people predicted an MSRP for the R5 of $5000+. More still were in the $4000's. Almost nobody expected a retail price in the 3's.
  11. C

Sensor? What are the R/D costs on a new 45MP sensor with higher DR compared to reusing the existing 1DX3 sensor? (I don't know, just asking.)
  12. C

Not high ISO tests but you might find these interesting. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1659335 https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1658740
  13. C

Absolutely. 3 competitors leads to a lot of forced innovation. 2 competitors tends towards a much more stale suite of products. This is true across most industries, not just cameras.
  14. C

Canon EOS R5 firmware update coming soon, RAW light to be added? [CR2]

Since you mentioned old eyes... For work (coding, not photography and gaming I switched to a 55" LG OLED TV. It is hung on the wall and I moved my desk back so the screen is about 3 feet from my eyes if I sitting with proper posture. At that distance farsightedness is not a factor (for me at...
  15. C

Canon EOS R5 records 4 hours of 4KHQ 30p to an external recorder, with a couple of simple tweaks

Oh...I didn't know this forum prevented external links. You can copy-n-paste it into your browser or let me try to use the link feature: Click here
  16. C

Canon EOS R5 records 4 hours of 4KHQ 30p to an external recorder, with a couple of simple tweaks

Some data: https://alikgriffin.com/canon-r5-overheating-with-cfexpress-card-are-the-cards-to-blame/ (Note: I don't know how accurate this is. I just saw the link on Fred Miranda forums.)
  17. C

This is probably the best camera review I’ve ever watched – Gerald Undone with the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Aye completely agree. That's why I said the later option was both. And I'm fine with it. Given the alternatives the R5 is almost my ideal camera--high MP stills with great DR and colors with great features like IBIS, animal eye AF. Video is either offered no where else (8K, 4KHQ) or is a still...
  18. C

This is probably the best camera review I’ve ever watched – Gerald Undone with the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Well first off the features do work. One of my hobby-focused environments is high-speed dog sports. I can guarantee you once I somehow get my hands on an R5 that I'll be playing around with 8K, 4K120, and 4KHQ video though mostly I will be taking stills. Video length (dogs move fast for an...
  19. C

Rumored RF mount Cinema camera specifications [CR2]

I think the long term strategy is that we have seen the last EF lens. As EF lenses are phased out (meaning some will be produced for a long time, but not forever) then RF lenses will be the only available option for both stills and video cameras (excluding M cameras ofc).