Search results

1. T

Leaked: Sigma 70mm f/2.8 DG MACRO | Art

The old 70mm Sigma macro was one of the best short macros (short for me is < 100mm) optically I have ever used. Easily it out performed the Canon 50 F2.5, Nikon 60 F2.8, and the Tamron 60 mm F2 macro lenses I have used. The Canon EF-S 60 mm was pretty close optically, but as the Sigma was full...
  2. T

Updated Canon EOS 6D Mark II Specifications [CR2]

I want to know if it will keep the interchangeable screens so I can get a matte screen for use with my manual focus fast primes.
  3. T

The Next Lens from Canon Will be an EF-S Prime

I would like it to be a 55mm F-1.2 EF-S. There really isn't a good crop sensor equivalent to a portrait lens.
  4. T

Russkiy ob'yektiv kamery...who knows Jupiter3 ?

In this age of digital perfection I think it is easy to understand the nostalgia of working with old lenses. Older lenses offer a unique look that can be difficult to reproduce in post. Sure you can sharpen, soften, increase background blur, add vignette, or create tilt like selective focus...
  5. T

Replacement Kit Lens <$300

I guess I should add EF-S to the 18-55 IS STM, as to not confuse it with the EOS M version like in your ebay link. I already have a 50mm 1.8 Mk I from my old slide film days and, I haven't seen the need to jump up to the STM version yet. :)
  6. T

Replacement Kit Lens <$300

The autofocus on my kit lens 18-55 IS ii has died and I am in the market for a replacement. However as a starving student, my upgrade/replacement budget is only about $300. I am currently looking at either the 17-85 IS USM, or the 18-55 IS STM lenses as replacements. I have several primes...
  7. T

Need advice on gear

Why do you need such a large Polarizer? I find polarizers are often difficult to use on such wide angle lenses. Because of the wide perspective, the polarizer makes for very uneven skies. I actually prefer a graduated neutral density filter when I am shooting wide angle landscapes and want...
  8. T

Pentax FF camera -- real world sighting

I have a large collection of old Pentax manual focus lenses, if this thing has interchangeable focus screens so I can put a decent focus screen in for manual focusing, you might as well take my money now.
  9. T

Canon life size converter with Zeiss 50 and 100mm Macro lens

Does anybody know if Canon's life size converter is compatible with the Zeiss 50 or 100mm macro lenses? I am curious how it would compare with extension tubes, if I wanted to get to 1:1. I have used the life size converter with canon's 50mm and 100mm macro lenses where it gives 1:1 and 2:1...
  10. T

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM

That was my first thought as well, 49mm can't be right. Canon has never made an SLR lens with a filter size that small. It will work for me too, as I have a huge collection of 49s from my spotmatic kit.
  11. T

Market Share

Base on my observations the trends seem about right. The only thing I would say is Panasonic seems a little low compared to Olympus. Where I have traveled Panasonic seems about equal with the number of olympus cameras I see.
  12. T

EOS M4 wish list

And please don't let it get any bigger.
  13. T

EOS M4 wish list

My EOS M4 wish list is very simple: For sale in the USA.
  14. T

POLL: How many mp do you want anyway?

When I would scan my Velvia on a good film scanner I would get files that are about 30 MP in size. I have always felt that was about the best that I could get out of the my film with a 35mm slide. Still, modern lenses can out resolve my best film age lenses, so I would love to see what the...
  15. T

Photostitch ain't perfect, or is it me?

Couple of tips on my experience. I have a macro rail that I use to move the camera instead of the the lens with TS lenses when I am doing panos with one. For TS lenses I mount the camera with the rails parallel to the film plane. First I shift the lens, then I shift the rails by the same...
  16. T

Photostitch ain't perfect, or is it me?

I have a couple of questions, what lens and camera were you using to take the photos, and were you using a tripod?
  17. T

Canon EOS Rebel 750D Spec List [CR1]

That is correct, the crop factor is unlikely to change. The image circle projected by the lens would likely vinette on a corners of the 1.5 crop sensors. However, you could probably fit a 1.6 crop factor image circle with a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio on a 1.5 crop sensor. So instead of...
  18. T

If the were to use a 1.5 crop sensor instead of the 1.6, then the could make a variable aspect ratio like some of the micro 4/3 cameras for movies and still with the same angle of view.
  19. T

Why do people keep calling it the T6i, everybody knows that 7 is the new 6. The new camera should be called the T7i.
  20. T

If Canon is releasing an outsourced sensor in its Rebel line, I suspect that it would be due to low yields on the Dual Pixel sensors. The Rebel line is due for an upgrade, and the Rebels sell at significantly higher numbers than XXD and XD cameras. If they can source a low cost sensor from...