Search results

1. T

Replacement Kit Lens <$300

The autofocus on my kit lens 18-55 IS ii has died and I am in the market for a replacement. However as a starving student, my upgrade/replacement budget is only about $300. I am currently looking at either the 17-85 IS USM, or the 18-55 IS STM lenses as replacements. I have several primes...
  2. T

Canon life size converter with Zeiss 50 and 100mm Macro lens

Does anybody know if Canon's life size converter is compatible with the Zeiss 50 or 100mm macro lenses? I am curious how it would compare with extension tubes, if I wanted to get to 1:1. I have used the life size converter with canon's 50mm and 100mm macro lenses where it gives 1:1 and 2:1...
  3. T

DxO and DPReview Getting Lazy?

I was comparing the Sigma 24-105 and the Canon 24-105 on the DP Review widget, and I was a little concerned that their results looked exactly the same for the two lenses. I know these two lenses perform similarly, but I doubt that their results could possibly be exactly the same for all...
  4. T

Next Lens Canon Should Release?

So since 2014 is supposed to be the year of the lens, I figured would put out a list of my "Dream" lenses and try a poll to see which ones would be the most exciting to people. I tried to think of lenses that would be feasible, no 20-2000mm F2.8 lenses allowed. Since Canon isn't giving us much...
  5. T

50 mm F2.0 IS Macro wish

How would people feel if Canon released the upcoming image stabilized 50 mm prime as a macro lens to replace the old 50 mm f 2.5? If they could give me an f 2.0, and IS with close focus ability, I would be all over that in an instant. Even if it would only go down to half life size like the...