Search results

1. R

Antelope Canyon

Hi I am hoping to return to the Antelope Canyon this winter. I believe they stopped allowing Tripods in the Lower Canyon a few years ago but still allow them in the upper. Anyone has any experience/suggestions about this? With the lighting conditions inside the lower canyon I doubt one can get...
  2. R

Recovery of Files

Thanks for your diligence and effort!
  3. R

Recovery of Files

Hi Thanks for your reply. Haven't posted here in a while, is there a PM option?
  4. R

Recovery of Files

Thanks!
  5. R

Recovery of Files

I formatted it but realized it immediately and so put it aside and not used it again so far.Thanks
  6. R

Recovery of Files

Hi, I have accidentally formatted a Lexar CF card and am wondering how to recover the files. I use Macs exclusively so please suggest options for that platform. Thanks a lot! Ray
  7. R

Yellowstone and Grand Teton Photo Advice

Very Helpful indeed! Thx for taking the time. I di go up the Fairy Falls trail but think I stopped at the id point, will go all the way up this time. I was told there is an observation platform now somewhere there? I remember taking my 24-70 F2.8 and the 70-200 F2.8 II at that time. I now have...
  8. R

Wow! Where, what time of the day did you see these? Thx for sharing.
  9. R

HI scott, Share some images and spots on your trip if you are back. I am heading there next week! Ray
  10. R

Online snapshot printing: What are good resources?

For this I have used Snapfish. They always have deals going on and CS is good. Other option is mpix.com Ray
  11. R

:) No worries. Thx
  12. R

Hi Scott Happy to share notes! I did use the Michael Frye book extensively but it’s for Yosemite not Yellowstone . It’s indeed very useful. Yosemite is magical as well! Thx Ray
  13. R

Lisbon - Portugal

Lovely!
  14. R

It looks like there is a observation platform but not exactly where folks used to scramble up the hill. I make this guess from my shots from three years ago and current google search but close enough.
  15. R

Thanks a bunch! This is going to be my second visit. I realized how massive it was last time I went. We went in the summer and despite that had reasonably lucky with the wild life. Didn't se any grizzlies though. I had my 70-200mm F2.8L II and a 2TC. Good but not enough. Might buy the 100-400...
  16. R

Hi I am heading to these parks this summer. I have found many sites in Grand Teton that are consistently mentioned as good spots but not Yellowstone. Could you recommend some sites in both parks and any other pointers to be aware off? Thx Ray
  17. R

Home Studio

Understood. Will keep at it. Thx!
  18. R

Home Studio

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. As in anything the market is huge. Trying to buy something is never easy! But have to start somewhere. I started reading the strobist articles last year and quickly became overwhelmed and dropped the idea but hopefully this time will persevere. Thanks...
  19. R

Home Studio

Hi, Thanks again! I am in the US so have access to the usual stores like Adorama/B&H?pAul Buff. Is this the one you referred to: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1247567-REG/elinchrom_el20839_2_d_lite_rx_4_4_softbox.html It's within my budget. Anything else you would recommend? Any other...
  20. R

Home Studio

I found someone who had some stobes lying around. We set them up with stands and backdrop and shot! My goodness, it was so much fun and really an eyeopener. I did what I could never have done with the speedlite. I always knew I had to get the flash off camera, but actually doing it was awesome...