Search results

1. davidcl0nel

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II is closer to a reality than Canon’s claims

Because "Canon Rumors Guy" said so. I can live with it very good (except the LED i was mocking). And finally, Canon needed several years to accept the wish. >who would then have dozens of menu screens to scroll through to get to features they actually do use. The menu has already several dozen...
  2. davidcl0nel

Since 5D2 the 5 series has more megapixels than the 1. So why should it change? Maybe it can 8K 120fps as video or later stills for the sport photographer wet dream.... ?
  3. davidcl0nel

What is the reason for 50g weight difference of the R5 to the R6? The second display on the top? ;-) And its 60g to the R6 II. Maybe the weight can also reduced a little bit. I have no complaints using the R5 which _has_ to improved. Oh, only the blinking LED to the front while (night) long...
  4. davidcl0nel

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM confirmed, likely in Q4 [CR3]

Its not for my wallet, but I think the strategy with these both zooms is good to replace several old EF lenses. Why buy a 500 f/4 prime, if the zoom is also great? And then there is no need for a 400 f/4 (with this DO option) and so on. The 400/2.8 and 600/4 as "common" primes exists (but are...
  5. davidcl0nel

Are two cameras going to replace the Canon EOS R5? [CR]

Thats why I didn't say anything about these low end year-models. But why do you see a increasing market for high end cameras to need double or more full frame bodys than before?
  6. davidcl0nel

Are two cameras going to replace the Canon EOS R5? [CR]

I don't get it, how some more or less slightly different camera types is a good thing in a shrinking market. We have already R3 and R8 as numbers, which we never had in the best DSLR time. (1D,5D,5DSR,6D (7D)) 45MP is the way for 8K video, so a replacement with 60 or what megapixels has a crop...
  7. davidcl0nel

More features coming to Canon EOS R5 in future firmware [CR2]

A 16:9 sensor? If it is 3:2 it will be 44MP like the R5...
  8. davidcl0nel

New Canon Tilt-Shift lenses in the wild [CR2]

I never had both, but the EF 11-24 looks similar for the first lens(es) element(s). Do you have tried both with an tripod to compare, if it is really the same maximum reach (on 17TSE you have to shift in all directions of course). On a wide angle TSE I personally don't need a autofocus, and I...
  9. davidcl0nel

Patent: Canon RF 14mm f/1.4L IS USM & Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L IS USM

I don't have it. Depends on the speed of changes. ISO3200, f/4, 15sec
  10. davidcl0nel

The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS will be available globally on January 26, 2023

I am an architecture photographer and what does it more say about me, that I see Dongdaemun Plaza (a Zaha Hadid building) more than the model... :ROFLMAO:
  11. davidcl0nel

Current Canon USA rebates on RF lenses

The prices lower from the original "canon official" prices were quite normal for EF lenses for years. Nobody paid the full prices for EF 85mm or such lenses... Same for camera, I have the R5 for 2 years now, and can still buy it for the same price new... It was unusual (and still is) that...
  12. davidcl0nel

Yes, Video is a separate Issue. I thought mainly photo here. But I think the number of people doing that is even smaller. Did this justify this lens... I can't say.... >But you can also shoot milky way bows A complete "bow" is another issue. This is only possible in the southern hemisphere. You...
  13. davidcl0nel

Every good milky way picture with something in the foreground is a composite image. (of the same place, don't get me wrong here, I don't mean to put any milky way in any foreground.) You can also do it with stacking of several pictures to reduce the noise, but its the same. The earth is...
  14. davidcl0nel

Instead of buying an propably 3k€ "cheap" astro-lens (as an 14mm), you might consider a much cheaper tracker....
  15. davidcl0nel

I find the typical 14mm 2.8 milky ways boring. Not many stars (only 5mm entrance pupil). This could be better with 1.4, but it is also only 10mm.... The main part of the milky way of the center bulge you can easily fit into 35mm. I did that with the EF 35 IS: But I had to use f/3.5 for that...
  16. davidcl0nel

Venus Optics adds RF mounts to some of their current Laowa lenses

Yes, for my use of a TSE17 and generally wide angle the "missing" AF is not a problem. But the TSE 90mm 2.8 as RF version with AF can be used as an portrait (or macro) lens also. Two(!)-Eye-Autofokus with slightly tilted plane can be a nice thing, i guess....
  17. davidcl0nel

Canon patents optical formula for an RF 200-500mm f/4L IS 1.4x

The old EF 200-400 1.4x was at this pricepoint years ago. If no one ever had bought it, Canon would not make a patent for a redesign. After the typical price increase of the last RF lenses (in comparison to the EF ones) this might be also in 15k+ range. And of course you can decrease the weight...
  18. davidcl0nel

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II coming in Q2, 2023? [CR2]

Why 2 USB-C ports...? The high-res-shot function I want for my R5 too...
  19. davidcl0nel

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

The EF135 was always good for lightweight. 750g instead of 1500+ as the EF 70-200 2.8. If you only pickup body and one lense, the 135 was a good choice. Now this is no more a reason. RF135 is at 935g with 82mm filter...
  20. davidcl0nel

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

It works for me on R5 to peer it with my smartphone by bluetooth and use the Canon App. I use the phone anyway for tracking with a Openstreetmap, but with this I can get the coords into the RAW. And it doesn't use very much energy in the camera, like the 6D where you can forgot to disable it...