Search results

1. C

A pair of 24-70mm f/2.8L IS lenses coming in 2019? [CR2]

The EOS 11-24 with the drop in filter on an R body is probably a better option than a new 11-24mm R lens. This will allow you to put some really great filter on an otherwise filter restricted lens. I'm waiting for a higher MP R body for my EOS 11-24mm, I think it will be a great tool. Also...
  2. C

A pair of 24-70mm f/2.8L IS lenses coming in 2019? [CR2]

2020 folks! When it comes to the R mount keep 2020 in mind. Then think Japan. Then put it all together and you say, Oh the Olympics are in JAPAN in 2020! So when will they be releasing a D style body for the R mount? It's 2019 in a few months so this looks like it will be right in their...
  3. C

Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

That adjustable ND Filter Adapter is just begging for a High MP Camera in the R line with a flippy screen, and some Canon Wide angle EOS glass! Which paradoxically wouldn't be possible with R glass. It will be interesting to see Canon releases L level wide angle lenses? I'd conjecture they...
  4. C

So far so good, the Canon EOS R pleasantly surprised Jared

I think the Adapter/Filter mount will be the one thing that captures EOS mount users into the R mount the most. Truly brilliant and None of us here even thought of the possibility, Nikon didn't either. 11-24 f/4 owners, you know you saw the adjustable ND filter and drooled. I'm sure there will...
  5. C

The Mess That is the Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Rumor Mill

Fullstop, Yes I'm vested in a lot of EF glass so from my perspective, a smaller Mirrorless would be more of a specialized or travel option add to my kit. I don't think your timeline for the end of DSLR is correct, as Full frame is still alive and well ( and profitable). I'm sure there will be...
  6. C

The Mess That is the Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Rumor Mill

It's been very interesting seeing the amount of responses to the Mirrorless rumor trail. It turely amazes me the amount of energy put into what I feel (and many others have stated) is an insignificant product evolution. Beyond a silent shot/ shutterless capture, I just don't see what all the...
  7. C

Updated EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II on the Horizon? [CR1]

ahansford I love IS myself and want it on everything, but what you are describing above could be managed without IS and simply a quicker shutter, no? If you have enough light to up the shutter, with most new IS giving you 4 stops of correction, it makes natural light shooting in low light...
  8. C

Updated EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II on the Horizon? [CR1]

I think we will see more IS lens introductions from Canon. The 85 f/1.4 is has been doing great, good reviews and has yet to be on sale ( usually means it's low inventory). Canon needs the 50mm 1.4 IS or the 135mm IS more than any other lens in in their current line up of primes. with the 5D...
  9. C

Canon Announces the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II

Consider: what happens if they try an update like this for the superwhites? For the 24-70 f/2.8L III? For the 135 f/2L II? Ahansford, You make a good point. The 24-105mm f/4 is II, is another example of not great precident setting. No large increase in performance, so why update. I guess...
  10. C

I think a lot of the frustration on this post comes from the simple fact that Canon has rereleased a 70-200 f/2.8 that most of who own a version II didn't need and have still not released a 50mm 1.4L IS, that we ALL want! Some more so the 135mm f/2.0 IS (that would be me). Of coarse, there...
  11. C

Very Surprised by the comments here. As pointed out by some, we don't know what the performance of the new 2.8 is yet, so why conjecture. We all agree the current version is very good. Most of us are looking for upgrades in other lenses anyways, all 50mm, 135 f/2 w/ is, 16-35 f/2.8 is and 24-70...
  12. C

Canon Dominates Sidelines at Super Bowl LI

Notice a lot of f/4.0 200-400mm lenses. That ability to flip focal lengths is worth the extra weight, and loss of a stop. Imagine there's enough lite and Canon'e anti flicker bodies make it workable, even under lights.
  13. C

*UPDATE* Vote for Your Favourite Canon Gear of 2016

Re: Vote for Your Favourite Canon Gear of 2016 Why no 35mm f/1.4 II on list? I thought I bought it this year, am I a time traveler? It would get my #1 Vote.
  14. C

Canon EF 600mm f/4 DO IS To Arrive in Late 2017 [CR2]

GMC- Yea, as they say in the auto world, there's no replacement for displacement! Same holds true for aperture, you can always throttle is down, but can never get it if it isn't under the hood :0 That's why I think the 200 f/2 is a great compliment to the 400 f2.8, cause you can fill the 300mm...
  15. C

Canon EF 600mm f/4 DO IS To Arrive in Late 2017 [CR2]

Ive got the 400 f/2.8II, so it's not in the fiscal cards to drop more Mulla for what my 1.4X can give me. Now an 800mm DO might make me save if Canon can use that tech to bring us a lighter/shorter 800mm f/4 or even 5.6. I've more so, also always wanted a 200mm f/2.0. My guess is even though...
  16. C

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Achieves Best Canon Sensor Score at DXO

As a 5dMarkII user I obviously Pre-ordered the IV. All I can say is it's a HUGE upgrade! Form factor alone makes it feel like a whole new generation of camera. Touchscreen menus= much faster workflow, instant focus check by finger spread zoom on higher res. screen Autofocus: was a center point...
  17. C

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to Start Shipping Tomorrow

B&H body only ordered 10:31 PDT ARRIVED! 12:30 PDT on West coast! It is Lighter than my 5DmkII for sure, nice new flat finish that matches newer L lenses! Major upgrade from MhII, Shutter is quite, Auto focus snap on, ergonomics much better. Now off to go Shoot! Thanks B&H for the 2day...
  18. C

Ordered From B&H on 25th at 10:31 PDT West Coast; 5d mkIV Body ONLY Got email From B&H 9:27PDT that order has shipped, arrival 9/9/16 via Brown Truck Thanks again B&H for being the Boss and getting this out so fast! Anyone know if B&H will give their Typical 3%-4% rebate/Store credit on these...
  19. C

B&H Order "Body Only" @ 10:31PST Status = New Order Processing and Tracking is "Pending" be interesting to see if West Coast orders go first due to shipping. I'll be lucky to see it by Sat. if it Ships Thursday. Does anyone know if B&H will give us the 3% or 4% rebate dollars they have in...
  20. C

How are you guys finding your exact order time at B&H? I ordered that night but I didn't write the time down, Status "in processing" :)