Search results

1. motorhead

Photographer preferes PS over Lightroom.

I use Photoshop. I did try Lightroom and found that it wanted to rule my life. Refusing to allow this or that and generally trying to force me into certain decisions against my wishes. Theres no way I will ever tolerate that kind of thing, from people or machinery! I will do things my way and...
  2. motorhead

Please share your own photo web site with us

My zenfolio site: www.rcb4344.zenfolio.com Richard
  3. motorhead

Which Normal to Wide Angle Focal Length Matches Your Vision?

I use a Canon 24-70L as my standard lens, but in truth my natural eye tends towards 70mm rather than wider. Only rarely do I use my 16-35.
  4. motorhead

Dual ISO Makes its Way to the EOS 5D Mark II & EOS 6D

Re: Dual ISO Makes its Way to the EOS 5D Mark II & EOS 6D Does this mean that Canon will introduce it, or is it going to remain a third party software trick?
  5. motorhead

Transporting of tripod/monopod (overseas travel)

I simply place my tripod and monopod into the centre of my clothing when packing my case, the idea is to cushion any impact the case takes. That's the complete items, ballheads and all.
  6. motorhead

An Update on the 75+mp Camera in the Wild

I love the image accompanying the headline of this rumour, the IDs is not dead!
  7. motorhead

Current Monitor Color Checkers

I use a Gretamacbeth Eye-one display 2 and its been fine. But I have no idea what type of monitor I've got, its a SyncMaster and all it tells me under properties is that its a generic PnP monitor.
  8. motorhead

When out & about, how do y'all respond to gear small talk?

I'm happy to chat, about anything! So chat about gear does not bother me one jot. Why would it? I don't feel defensive about my own choices even if they are not others first choice. Eg: I tend to shoot longer focal lengths than others, because I think in those terms. Others might want extreme...
  9. motorhead

A Big Megapixel Discussion

Its great news, and about time Canon woke up to the advances being made by Sony and Nikon. I hope its the long awaited replacement for the 1Ds3, a high MP camera with award winning DR and noise control in a 1Ds style body. That's why I've stuck with my 5d2, in the hope that Canon would...
  10. motorhead

EF 100-400 Replacement in 2013? [CR2]

Just another opinion. I love the 100-400 push/pull :) Me too.
  11. motorhead

Canon L Glass is currently priced at over $1200 / pound

Re: Canon L Glass costs over $1200 / pound I knew an electrical engineer who priced the electrical installation in new schools by the number of toilets shown on the plans. It was a nightmare working out the schedule of rates for extras when his jobs were accepted. It did seem to work, weird...
  12. motorhead

Just got the canon 16-35 ii and having a hard time seeing the value in this uwa

My 16-35 is my least used lens by some margin. It me entirely - I've discovered I simply look at the world in terms of telephoto lenses, not wide angle.
  13. motorhead

diy ideas on how to protect camera from rain?

Years ago I spent a very wet weekend shooting MotoGP and simply used a large clear plastic bag, taped the lens hood to it so that the front of the lens was exposed and my hands and the camera where protected. It worked extremely well, better than I ever imagined it would. And trust me, it was...
  14. motorhead

Big Megapixel Development Announcement in the Fall? [CR2]

I'm constantly reading that Canon are beating Nikon but I don't see any evidence. I know I read that Nikon took 40% of the whole dSLR market in the UK last year, which is pretty good! Also don't forget that those of us with money invested in Canon lenses are less likely to switch to Nikon and...
  15. motorhead

Big Megapixel Development Announcement in the Fall? [CR2]

Its about time Canon responded to the Nikon D800 and D800E. This fixation with high ISO, low DR, and high noise needs to stop. We need a quality camera to bring back the 1Ds range, a camera that is best in class. For whatever reason Canon have been asleep at the wheel for a while now and its...
  16. motorhead

mirror lock up

The "trick" is to have the bag just touching the ground, or hung using a bungy cord. That way the tripod is pulled down to steady it and the bag cannot sway about.
  17. motorhead

Finnish wearing on my 5D Mark III

The 5D Mark III is a magnesium-alloy body. That means to make it look black it needs to be painted. If you rub any metal that has been painted for long enough against clothing, the paint will eventually wear away and show metal underneath. I would expect them to have a black anodised finish...
  18. motorhead

Big Megapixel Camera in 2014

I've read in the last day or so that Nikon took 40 plus percent of the UK market in dSLR's last year. That's a pretty good batting average! I don't know how much of the total market is taken by the smaller players, but I'm prepared to bet that Canon cannot have done as well.
  19. motorhead

Canon isn't ignoring their minority customer base. I think they have heard loud and clear, they simply need time to produce a compelling product. Bear in mind that they led the sensor race by a country mile a while back. They have just been ignoring that side of things and are now paying the...
  20. motorhead

Well, for one, you are assuming Brand B makes a camera "at least as good". Consumer sentiment would indicate otherwise. Brand B certainly has a better image sensor...but its camera has a variety of issues, say, with white balance, LCD screen rendition, AF system, buffer unload rate, etc. Brand B...