Search results

1. Dholai

Video downloading from a CF express card shot on R5c

For Heaven's sake- can someone please tell me how do I download clips shot with a R5c on a CFe card? EOS utility, adobe bridge do not see any videos there but still images are seen. Tried multiple card readers- no luck ! I know, the problem is with me- I am ignorant. Thanks Dholai
  2. Dholai

Canon has patented an optical formula for an RF 200mm f/2L IS USM

I thought we were waiting for an RF 200 1.8 L to be coming soon ! Was I dreaming ?
  3. Dholai

Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM will start shipping on May 31, 2023

I received my copy today (my wife sent an image of the box- I am at work till 7 PM !) I called BH customer service yesterday and was told there is no info yet and was advised that I call around June 15th again for an update . I was disappointed! Received the " shipped" mail around 3 PM yesterday...
  4. Dholai

Drop in Vari ND filter for RF mount

Thank You. I gave up.
  5. Dholai

Drop in Vari ND filter for RF mount

Does Canon or any of the 3rd parties have a drop in Vari ND filter for long leses? I could not find one. The EF-RF adapter's Vari ND does not fit the RF lens' slot. I need one for my 400/2.8 RF . Please guide me
  6. Dholai

Canon R5 C - please help me

I made the blunder of my life 10 days prior to going to Africa for a month long safari - I purchased a canon R5C thinking that I can use the best of both worlds in one camera and get wonderful video! I have Canon R5/R3 and have no issues with them. I consider myself an advanced amateur in...
  7. Dholai

Gear for my dream trip

Were those taken with the superzoom P/S neuro ?
  8. Dholai

Gear for my dream trip

Great memories AlanF- indeed.
  9. Dholai

Gear for my dream trip

Neuro- the Travel agent stated we will have an extended body open roof Land cruiser to ourselves ( like the left one in your picture). Now, what will happen in reality, I do not know!! Thank you for your input. Appreciate it.
  10. Dholai

Gear for my dream trip

Grant, Thank you very much for the post. Appreciate it from the core of my heart. I will try to do my best and seems that between me and my son- we can share around 5 bodies and lenses. My daughter and wife will be happy with their tiny Sony camcorder and iPhone respectively. I don't like to...
  11. Dholai

Gear for my dream trip

Thank you Maximilian- for your valuable input. I will definitely keep all these in my mind.
  12. Dholai

Gear for my dream trip

First of all- my apologies to everybody for not responding earlier ! My work life is crazy- I am working this weekend too! Now, I am all confused! I thought everybody will recommend the 600/400/200 and the 1DX MKIII/II BTW, It is a private tour- 4 of us. We will have a guide with us- everyday...
  13. Dholai

Gear for my dream trip

Dear friends, Me and my family are off to Kenya and Tanzania for 24 days- the trip of our lifetime - mainly for photography and videography. Please suggest Cameras and lenses. I have access to R5/ 1DxMK III/DxII/Dx/5DsR/5DIV/Fuji GFX 100s Canon L lenses - from 11-24 to 600 mm f4. All flavors...
  14. Dholai

Is this a stupid idea?

Decision made. No upgrading. Thanks everybody
  15. Dholai

Is this a stupid idea?

I am contemplating to sell my EF 100-400 MK II and get the RF 100-500 to be used with an R5 Should I do this for my go around bird and wildlife lens? Which one is better - image quality wise ?
  16. Dholai

Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

Done-within 2 minutes of seeing it! It was a heaven sent for me. I was just getting to the point where I really started to wonder whether I should stop coming to the site due to those annoying ads which have grown in numbers exponentially recently. I even asked my daughter to find a good ad...
  17. Dholai

Stock Notice: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III above list price

They(Canon) did not repair my only Grey item- a 5DsR- the LCD screen of which went partially blank within 3 months. The dealer promised me when I bought it that I will be covered. I had to pay. The dealer shook his hands off when I informed him. BTW- it was bought from Deals all Year !!
  18. Dholai

AF issues with 600 and 400 MK III

Based on another tech savvy photographer's suggestion- I did reset all functions in both cameras and now- both lenses work like a charm. All issues solved. But that brings up the million dollar question- what setting caused the fault and will it come back when I reload my settings? I guess I...
  19. Dholai

. In Atlanta Ethan. Thinking to return and exchange them. Just curious to hear if anybody else had the same issues
  20. Dholai

Yes Ethanz, I did. Tried on a 5DMK IV and a 5DsR. Same result.