Search results

1. Dholai

Video downloading from a CF express card shot on R5c

For Heaven's sake- can someone please tell me how do I download clips shot with a R5c on a CFe card? EOS utility, adobe bridge do not see any videos there but still images are seen. Tried multiple card readers- no luck ! I know, the problem is with me- I am ignorant. Thanks Dholai
  2. Dholai

Drop in Vari ND filter for RF mount

Does Canon or any of the 3rd parties have a drop in Vari ND filter for long leses? I could not find one. The EF-RF adapter's Vari ND does not fit the RF lens' slot. I need one for my 400/2.8 RF . Please guide me
  3. Dholai

Canon R5 C - please help me

I made the blunder of my life 10 days prior to going to Africa for a month long safari - I purchased a canon R5C thinking that I can use the best of both worlds in one camera and get wonderful video! I have Canon R5/R3 and have no issues with them. I consider myself an advanced amateur in...
  4. Dholai

Gear for my dream trip

Dear friends, Me and my family are off to Kenya and Tanzania for 24 days- the trip of our lifetime - mainly for photography and videography. Please suggest Cameras and lenses. I have access to R5/ 1DxMK III/DxII/Dx/5DsR/5DIV/Fuji GFX 100s Canon L lenses - from 11-24 to 600 mm f4. All flavors...
  5. Dholai

Is this a stupid idea?

I am contemplating to sell my EF 100-400 MK II and get the RF 100-500 to be used with an R5 Should I do this for my go around bird and wildlife lens? Which one is better - image quality wise ?
  6. Dholai

AF issues with 600 and 400 MK III

Please tell me what am I doing wrong. I just upgraded from the MK II versions of these (600F4 and 400 F2.8) Both the lenses on 1DxMKII will not AF at all when changing focusing from a near to a far point. e.g. If I am focused at 20 ft-trying to focus at 200 ft or at infinity does not work-...
  7. Dholai

Switzerland-Confused about gear choice

We will be visiting Switzerland for 9 days starting April 1st. This is a once in a lifetime trip and we are looking forward to take some good pictures ( only reason to visit actually) I need help with gear selection . I am mainly interested in a) Landscape b) Environmental portraits c) Old...
  8. Dholai

What is happening here ?

Please look at the image shot with a Canon 11-24 and a Lee Big stopper (10 stop ND) at around 12 mm. What are all these? Present at all apertures (4-22), worse with smaller. Thanks
  9. Dholai

Photography in Costa Rica

Hello all, I will be heading to Costa Rica for a 10 days trip( first time in my life and probably last time) soon and would like some advise from the experts of this site regarding dos and do not s as far as photography goes. I am interested in birds, wildlife and landscapes. I can have a good...
  10. Dholai

Sachtler FSB-8T Fluid Head-has anybody use them for long telephoto

I am just curious. My cousin in India vouches that this is the best God has ever made since Tripods to attach long teles for smoothest and best panning, tilting etc. He wants me to buy one for him. I tried to argue that this one is for video making but he just doesn't listen! Please help me...
  11. Dholai

Flashing AF point -1 Dx. Why ?

On the 1Dx-the uppermost right corner AF point of the central set of AF points keeps flashing. What is wrong ? Do I need to send it for repair? :-[ The camera seems to be working OK and AF is not affected.
  12. Dholai

What lens would you buy.. if You....

.. Shoot wildlife and birds ...already have 200-400 F4L ....600 mmF4L MKII ... 70-200 2.8L MK II ... to be used with ..1Dx ..7D MK II ..5DsR And... You can not handhold a camera with most lenses due to physical condition but want a lighter lens to try without compromising image quality ???
  13. Dholai

Can the 11-24 replace the 17 mm T/S as far as......

.... the shift function is concerned? I am guessing "yes" as the image circle has to be much bigger at 11 mm and may be bigger than the 17 mm T/S even at 12 mm. I use my T/S only to shoot tall structures ( to be honest I have never been able to use the tilt function to my advantage, mainly...
  14. Dholai

IS, Tripod,Live view and my confusion....

...Please educate me. The 600 mm with 1.4 X is on the tripod. IS is ON. Looking through the viewfinder, image is shaking and becomes stable when shutter is half pressed engaging the IS. I switch to live view, magnify the image to the max for precise focusing. Image is stable- I press the...
  15. Dholai

What would you do, if you have...

1) 600 F4 MkII 2) 200-400F4 3) Wimberly GH II 4) Gitzo 5541LS 5) NO muscles 6) No steadiness in handholding 7) No less shaking even while on tripod 8) No improvement in shaking even supporting the lens with the Left hand below the barrel. Sell the lenses and forget bird and wildlife...
  16. Dholai

200-400-Actual users-please help.

Friends, I am gathering courage to buy a 200-400 soon and trying to decide about its accessories. Will a Wimberly sidekick be good for it or do I need a full gimbal head? I wont be using it much. With the full head, I will need another triopd but with the sidekick I can use the one I have...
  17. Dholai

Light metering with multiple flashes

Hi all, This is my first post even though I have been coming to this forum religiously everyday for a few years now. I have a question please. How do you set up to do light metering with an external light meter(e.g. Sekonic 758) when you use multiple flashes? In studio, I use a sync cord...