Search results

1. H

How long is Canon going to support your camera?

Long term support for repair is ok. Yet, a lot of thoses cameras have been quietly wrote off from image.canon support list. My M6 inclueded. No more camera to phone and pc seamless sync.
  2. H

Canon will release an RF mount ‘vlogging’ camera in 2022 [CR3]

Yes : to put them on a small gimbal and get nicely stabilized footage, while keeping the whole setup light and compact.
  3. H

Canon will release an RF mount ‘vlogging’ camera in 2022 [CR3]

You forgot the 32/1.4 wich is the best M lens.
  4. H

Patent: Canon RF APS-C pancake prime lens optical formulas

Maybe bigger image circle for ibis movement?
  5. H

Canon has discontinued the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Canon France : available Canon Germany : available Canon Italy : available Canon Spain : available Canon Swiss : available
  6. H

Interesting viewpoint. best portability OR best quality. Makes sense. I've always looked for versatility for my tools (mountain bike, skis, clothes, caméras...) So for me the M is the affordable-yet-delivering jack of all trades. When you want only one system, the M has a hard-to-beat value for...
  7. H

For low light shots, don't forget that f/1.8-2.8 on 1" sensor is equivalent to f/3.0-4.7 on an Canon APSC sensor. Still brighter but not far off the 15-45 f/3.5-6.3 kit lens. With the added possibility of brighter primes. But I also get the convenience of a all-in-one package.
  8. H

The 11-22mm f/4-5.6 is one of the M line strengh. To my knowledge, there is no alternative in any brand with such size/price/quality ratio.
  9. H

Interesting. Wich bodies precisely?
  10. H

Is Canon actually going to launch RF-S lenses alongside the Canon EOS R7?

Like... Ef-m 11-22? Or a bit wider.
  11. H

Canon Patent Application: Shutter that minimizes shutter shock

If you look at youtube high fps shutter video, I would bet on the latter.
  12. H

How awesome would it be if you could use the USB C port for backups with a USB stick or hard drive?

When backpack travelling, i took another option. My eos M do not support usb on-the-go, but my phone could. - One big microSD in the phone - one mini sd card reader - one small usb-c OTG adapter This way, i could backup my sd cards on my phone. And then to my cloud service when i found available...
  13. H

Canon officially announces the Canon XF605 4K UHD Professional Camcorder

What is dci 4K for? What's the point to use a wider standard when all the watching devices are UHD? Outside cinema industry I mean.
  14. H

Patent: Is Canon planning to release catadioptric (mirror) super telephoto lenses?

Agreed! I'm sure there is a market for compact and lightweight long télephoto lenses. Even at the cost of some image quality aspects. No matter what the photo snobs says, the donut bokeh do not kill an image. Especially if it's for a technical field or everything outside fine art.
  15. H

Deal: Save on the EOS M50 Mark II, EOS M200 and PowerShot G7X Mark II

Thanks for your feedback Stevelee. Much appreciated.
  16. H

Deal: Save on the EOS M50 Mark II, EOS M200 and PowerShot G7X Mark II

A bit off-topic, but how large is the gap between g7x II and g5x II? I mean, viewfinder aside, what are the most sensible upgrades?
  17. H

New Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro features revealed

So it means that, at least 2 Nikon lenses has alredy been released with a system that looks similar?
  18. H

Canon Celebrates 18th Consecutive Year of No. 1 Share of Global Interchangeable-Lens Digital Camera Market

Wait, what? Who was the first ILC seller in 2002 if not Canon??
  19. H

Canon U.S.A. Launches a Line of 4K UHD PTZ Cameras Ready For Integration Into a Variety of Environments

Given the video above, professional content production (live events, corporate and the likes). Good news is : in house, canon 1" sensor with dpaf. Oneday, we could see a powershot with a canon 1" sensor.