Search results

1. justaCanonuser

Nikon announces the Z 28-400mm F4-8 VR

In Germany it is announced for 2499,00 €, so prices are even higher. If you don't buy it elsewhere on the grey market and risk to have no guarantee, you have to pay that price - or wait until the prices drop.
  2. justaCanonuser

Yes, mechanical quality counts in particular when you shoot in the wilderness, as we do. I still use frequently an EF 500mm f/4.5 lens from 1995, simply because this lens has grown to be like an extension of my body (I shoot it mostly hand-held). It is a really battered club but optically it...
  3. justaCanonuser

Oh no, we had this problem with several APS-C DSLRs from Nikon, so I bought a set of replacement eyepieces. With my R7 I have no issues so far, despite I really do not caress my gear. But the eyepiece of my copy stucks really tight on the camera. I know that because I have to always have to...
  4. justaCanonuser

I am with youl. In particular for wide-angle lenses, the shorter flange distance of the RF system allows for much better corrected optics. Interestingly the RF zoom has 16 lenses in 12 groups, the EF lens 16 lenses in 11 groups, so the RF zoom isn't less complex. For me, tele lenses are more...
  5. justaCanonuser

We had so many issues with our Nikon gear, with several digital cameras, lenses from different years, that I can only comment on Nikon's products in a sarcastic way, in particular as an ex-Nikon user. Really, my Canon gear proved to be so much more reliable in particular tough and raw...
  6. justaCanonuser

Oh, sorry, I frequently have the same problem, so I should have noticed...
  7. justaCanonuser

Well, many users of ILC cameras just have only one zoom lens attached, that was typical back in the days of film SLRs. That's very okay, but in fact a fixed lens (bridge) camera would do the same job then. I sometimes use my EF 24-105mm STM when I want a lighter but versatile gear or no...
  8. justaCanonuser

Given Nikon's quality issues harsh reality will make such MTF data very theoretical anyway: https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2015/02/the-nikon-300mm-f4e-pf-ed-vr-test-or-why-i-dont-test-just-one-copy/ This was not a downward outlier at the beginning of the production of that particular 300 mm...
  9. justaCanonuser

Such "rubber" zoom lenses never come w/o strong distortion, either on short or long focal lengths (most probably at the wide angle end). I think all manufacturers of such extreme wide angle to tele zooms rely on a heavy-sided in-camera correction of all sorts of distortion, vignetting, and...
  10. justaCanonuser

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

Do you wear glasses? If yes, this would be a huge improvement over Canon's original eye tracking system e. g. implemented in my EOS 3. Never worked with me despite several tries to calibrate it. W/o glasses it worked but I really need them, and I do not like to wear contact lenses.
  11. justaCanonuser

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

Hm, I have to test that in Mid Europe summer with my R7. I use that camera mostly for wildlife and occasionally for landscape when I shoot wildlife and had so far no reasons to complain about its color rendition. Plus, I did recently a video shooting with it of an artist friend's exhibition...
  12. justaCanonuser

Many people today are heavily biased by the colors of their smartphones, it's like using ketchup in every course of a 300-dollar meal. But, it's true: colors are as subjective as food tastes. And there is always the option of post-processing...
  13. justaCanonuser

Not surprising. Nikon switched from a camera dealer to a camera dialer :devilish:
  14. justaCanonuser

A Look into Canon’s Ergonomics

Well, both Boeing and cars have a lot in common: both spend a lot of time in parking positions. See Boeing 737 MAX...
  15. justaCanonuser

Obviously he wasn't worth more than that, but this is a nice example for the fact that world's most insane collectors - surprisingly - aren't to be found amongst camera collectors :devilish:. Okay, off-topic over now.
  16. justaCanonuser

Mamiya did it with their New Mamiya 6 system back in the early 90s. I like that position very much, too.
  17. justaCanonuser

Don't wobble when you drop ;)
  18. justaCanonuser

Btw, Canon's T90 was designed by the German industry designer Luigi (Lutz) Colani, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Colani
  19. justaCanonuser

off topic, too: in 2016 one of Herrmann Goering's allegedly original slips was auctioned in Munich, but it made 3000 Euros only. Not sure in which state it was (washed/ not washed) ... :poop:
  20. justaCanonuser

thumbs up!