Search results

1. wldbil

16-35 and 70-200 a Good Combo to Call it a Day With?

I use my 24 mm f/1.4 ii the most, second is the 135 mm f/2, I like the 14mm f/2.4 and the 100 – 400 ii. I do use the 50 mm 1.8 sometimes. For me if I get another lens it would be the 24 – 70 mm. I just don’t know if I would get the f/2.8 or the f/4. Because I have enough fast lenses, I...
  2. wldbil

Time for a 24mm Prime...To Get, Sigma or Canon?

Ahsanford here is a picture of the sky at 1.4 and a blurred one of my pond at 1.4 taken at the same time of day. I notice the sky but don’t notice the corners darkening in the pond. That is what I meant. Here is a picture of the night sky taken with the 14 mm at f/2.5 ISO - 500 and 25 sec. and...
  3. wldbil

Time for a 24mm Prime...To Get, Sigma or Canon?

I have the Canon 24 mm 1.4 ii and love it. It is my most used lens. I use it for sports, shooting at and in the crowds. Low light in restaurants, at family dinners. I also use the 24mm when shooting home movies, setting up and letting it do its thing, auto focusing etc. The 77mm filter size...
  4. wldbil

Caution: Sandisk SD Card Issue with 5D Mark IV

I also use the 128 GB Extreme Pro SD card and love using it.
  5. wldbil

What's Not Coming in 2018?

MrFotoFool I was waiting for the 7D Mark III. No longer interested. Had 2 7D mark ii’s. After getting the first one wet at the Formula 1 in Montreal, I had to replace it. Decided to get another 7D Mark ii. I really liked the machine gun action when shooting sports. The downside was only...
  6. wldbil

Patent: A New Canon EF 14mm 2.8L Optical Formula

I'm really happy with my Rokinon 14mm 2.4 manual lens and am no longer interested in a Canon 14mm to replace it. I have the Canon 24mm 1.4 ii for landscapes that I like a lot. The seagull stars are horrible for night shots though with the coma of the Canon. Canon would charge a lot of money to...
  7. wldbil

Three Stunners from Colombia...

Amazing photos, Columbia appears to be a beautiful location.
  8. wldbil

Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old

Re: Happy Birthday, Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old Today Canon Rumors has been my go to site for anything to do with photography. As others have said a great place to learn from. I would like to thank Craig & his CR moderators for their dedicated work, hope you are around for another 10 years...
  9. wldbil

Anyone kept their 6d since upgrading to a 5d4?

Sold my 7D Mark ii when I bought the 5D4. I really liked the 7D ii but found I wasn't using it much once I started to use the 5D4. I like my wide angle lens and they are great on the 5D4.
  10. wldbil

Zeiss Reports Record Revenue & Earnings, Who Needs AF?

I would love to own one prime Zeiss Lens. I have other Zeiss products that I am extremely happy with. I had Nikon & Garrett binoculars that I bought and sold because the smaller Zeiss were that much better at giving me the resolution that I needed whether night or daylight. I bought the Rokinon...
  11. wldbil

Winter

Being from Alberta, I love this picture, have seen it many times from Three Hills to Consort. Lovely work.
  12. wldbil

What is your Canon wish list ?

an affordable Zoom 35 - 85 mm f/4 IS
  13. wldbil

Where is the Sigma 14mm F1.8?

I also bought the Rokinon 14mm F/2.4 instead of waiting for the Sigma. I'm very happy with its performance.
  14. wldbil

Rokinon SP 14mm 2.4

I too found the shots to be dark when looking at them. Once I clicked on them though they came up and were just right. I also liked the cityscape. I will be thinking of getting this lens after your review. Thanks Bill.
  15. wldbil

Post Your Best Landscapes

Mountains taken from my backyard. Banded & Outlaw peaks seen from NW Calgary, AB
  16. wldbil

Searching: Monopod for birding & fast-click-removable strap for camera

I use a monopod for when I go to the F-1 races and for birding. I second using twist locks, I’ve found that once flip locks start to go I can’t trust them. Had that with a monfrotto 55C tripod and hated them. When it was subzero out one of the flip locks would always fail. PWP it appeared to be...
  17. wldbil

What stuff did you buy/sell in 2015?

Bought: 2 7DII, first one got drenched at the Montreal formula 1 Canon 100 – 400mm f4.5 -5.6 IS II B&W 3 stop & Republic 10 stop filters Think tank modular components Black rapid sport strap Think tank Pixel Racing Harness Sold: Canon 50D Canon EF-S 18 – 200mm f3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 300mm f4.0L...
  18. wldbil

What's your "lens that won't be made"

My lens would be the 35 – 85mm f/2 with not more than a 77mm filter. This would go nice with a 16 – 35mm canon lens. If canon could make it faster and still keep the filter size at 77mm that would be wonderful. I use the EF 135mm f/2L USM lots and feel that this would complement the 135 when I...
  19. wldbil

400 DO II continues to test out as superb

I really like your review liv_img. Will be getting the 400 Do II instead of the 500 mm when my the funds are saved up.
  20. wldbil

buying advice: get a 135mm f2, or use existing 70-200mm f2.8?

I shot a hockey game between the Islanders & Flames, Islanders won 2-1. I made the shot at f/2, IOS 640 & 1/5000 sec on my 135 L with the 7D mark11. I also used my 1.4x111 extender though not on this shot. That was all I needed for the game. Nothing wrong with a zoom, I just like the size of the...