Search results

1. krisbell

Waterfalls

McCleans Falls in South Island, NZ McClean Falls, NZ by Kristian Bell, on Flickr
  2. krisbell

Reptiles and Amphibians

Quality shot Mike! Here's one of mine from recently.... Black-headed python (Aspidites melanocephalus) by Kristian Bell, on Flickr
  3. krisbell

DXOMark tests the Canon EOS R image sensor, scores it at 89

No worries, I'll try my best to answer them. Color depth is a tough one for me for two reasons. Firstly I dont feel I shoot massive areas of similar colour sufficiently often in real world scenarios to have a full appreciation for the limitations of either system in this area (my photos tend to...
  4. krisbell

Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM

Yes, yes I should!
  5. krisbell

Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM

Having come from the previous version f2.8 I still love this lens... Mulga by Kris Bell, on Flickr
  6. krisbell

Ultra-Urban

Ultra-Urban by Kris Bell, on Flickr
  7. krisbell

Show your Bird Portraits

Havent posted on here in a while so here's a recent one of mine... The Wagtail and the Honeyeater by Kris Bell, on Flickr
  8. krisbell

DXOMark tests the Canon EOS R image sensor, scores it at 89

I'm one of the rare few in this crowd that consider DXO scores to be very informative. Having owned many different Canon bodies and the current owner of a 70D, 5D3, A7r and a7r3 I think the broad scores provided by DXO are very accurate to my own experiences. I have found many quirks in the...
  9. krisbell

Sigma to announce 5 new lenses shortly, including a new 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport & 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 OS Sport

AlanF I'm sure you have looked into this but I read an interesting piece the other day that said the C was at the very least, as sharp as the Sport and basically said that even if they were the same price, they would still go with the C.
  10. krisbell

When I go on safari, what’s in my camera bag?

haha I wish it was a simple fix like that and I have fallen victim to that on occasion (as well as leaving the lens cap on!) but nope, it focuses and takes a picture at close range but the focus is almost always a miss. Almost always missing behind despite full correction on the AFMA.
  11. krisbell

I'm not a CPS member, but I agree that sending my lens and body in would help the problem. I can achieve tack sharp photos with it at any distance except very close, and at mid-distances it is OK but the keeper and hit rate is considerably lower than with my old 300mm f2.8 II. I think Alan F...
  12. krisbell

I'm not a fan of the lens either - I may have a bad copy but it is never consistent with focus, and woefully out when close focusing. No amount of AFMA'ing seems to help. It is a jack of all trades but as the saying goes, it does nothing well imho. I much prefer the 300mm 2.8 I had before I sold...
  13. krisbell

Are your images (particularly safari stuff) viewable online anywhere canon rumors guy? You have some interesting lens choices but proof is in the pudding so to speak...
  14. krisbell

A Bit More About the New “Big White” Lenses Coming from Canon [CR3]

Re: A Bit More About the New Big White Lenses That Are Coming Damn, I wanted the 600 DO so bad! I'm personally not particularly interested in an upgrade on the current version IIs unless there is a massive weight saving AND built in teleconverters.
  15. krisbell

Show us your Hooters (Owls)

Many thanks both, much appreciated.
  16. krisbell

Show us your Hooters (Owls)

Australia's largest owl....the Powerful Owl Powerful Owl (Ninox strenua) by Kris Bell, on Flickr
  17. krisbell

Your best animal shots!

White Lipped Pit Viper (Trimeresurus albolabris) by Kris Bell, on Flickr
  18. krisbell

DJI Teases New Drone, Coming January 23, 2018

I recently bought a Mavic and it is great fun to fly and opens up an entirely new realm of creative possibilities, but the camera is woeful. An upgrade to the Mavic would be extremely welcome from my perspective.
  19. krisbell

Photoshop Sneak Peek: Select Subject in Photoshop CC

Doesn't seem a whole lot different to quick select and will maybe only save half a second here or there. Having said that, selections are a tedious pain, so any attempt to make it quicker is welcome.
  20. krisbell

Help Me Cut Through the Hype

As with all such questions - the answer is invariably "it depends on the user". There is no question that Photoshop is the most powerful software solution, but unless you are an advanced user doing all sorts of clever processing/masking etc then an easier to use solution such as LR, Luminar...