Search results

1. krisbell

Ultra-Urban

Ultra-Urban by Kris Bell, on Flickr
  2. krisbell

Venus LAOWA 15mm f4 1:1 wide angle macro

I couldnt see a thread dedicated to this rather unique lens so thought I would start one up. It is a great lens for capturing closeups of small animals while at the same time, with its wide angle FOV, providing the viewer with an idea of the habitat within which the animal lives. However, as...
  3. krisbell

The frustrations and joys of a 5DmkIII in the same picture

I'm sure this is new to absolutely no-one but I recently came across an example from my own library that illustrates how Canon can be so good and so bad...within the same picture. Attached are crops from a picture taken at ISO 100, f9, 1/200 with a 100mm macro. The good part is the incredible...
  4. krisbell

Backlit subject focus problems with 300 2.8 II

Hi all, I am actually in disbelief that I have to even post this question as I have to ashamedly admit to shaking my head on more than one occasion at some of the silly questions I see online - but now I am guilty of the same thing! Nevertheless I am having real problems with what I assume is...
  5. krisbell

7DII w/300+1.4 vs 5DIII w/300+2.0 comparison

Hi all, I mentioned this prior to the release of the 7DII but does anybody have any site that will show me a comparison between the 7DII and 5DIII using a 300mm on both but with a 1.4x conveter on the 7DII and a 2x converter on the 5D? My thinking is that the increased AF and IQ using just a...