Search results

1. S

Florida in November

I will be in Florida for the next 7 days. I plan on starting with blackpoint wildlife drive then circle b. I will then be staying out of Clearwater for the rest of my trip but i can travel few hours in any direction. Are there any "must see" spots around this time of year ? I know November isn't...
  2. S

lightroom issue

lately i have been having strange behavior with lightroom. sometimes when i move the mouse over a menu i get a bunch of squares poping up on the screen. if i click anywhere on the image they go away but as soon as i move the mouse around it starts happening again. i thought it might be my old...
  3. S

Spiders

i couldnt find a thread with spider pics so i figured i would start one. these are from Florida Orchard Orbweaver Orchard Orbweaver by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr Golden Silk Orbweaver 5D3_0456 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  4. S

1DsIII rear display

i got used to having the rear display showing all the settings on my previous cameras. i can bring up the same display on the 1DsIII but if i review an image it defaults back to a blank screen. is there a way to have the settings screen as default or is that just the way it is? this is the...
  5. S

gators

I am on vacation in florida and a few gators have been nice enough to pose for me 5D3_7059 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr 1DS35629 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr 5D3_6769 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr 1DS35705 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  6. S

old church at night

i have be playing with night photography . there are a few to many lights and cars driving by but it was the best i could do 5D3_4240 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  7. S

good bye

This is my daughters friend Marylou . The horse she rides was just sold and she asked me to take a few pictures before the new owners pick him up.this was my first time using off camera flash . i had my daughter hand hold the flash because the other horses were a little to curious about the...
  8. S

what lens to use

i was at an equine event recently and my daughter wanted a few pictures of her and her horse. i used my 7DII and 70-200 f4L @70mm-f4 . i think they came out alright but just wondering if you guys would have done it differently. i could have moved back and used 200mm or used my 24-105 and got...
  9. S

50 1.8 II inconsistent focus

i have had my 50 1.8 for over a year now and never use it because the focus is terribly inconsistent. i mean like 1 sharp image out of 30 even at f8. i wasn't overly disappointed because it only cost 80$ on sale and i know you get what you pay for. i have been doing a lot of reading instead of...
  10. S

tamron 17-50 sharpness issues

i have a tamron 17-50 2.8 non vc that i bought used last year , so no warranty . i read a bunch of reviews before buying it that said it was a decent lens and acceptably sharp wide open. i have been quite disappointed with it , so much that i almost never use it and if i do it has to be at f8...
  11. S

100-400 with 1.4x teleconverter on crop body

ive seen a few of you guys have posted pics using this lens combo on a crop body. are you guys using live view autofocus or manual focus ? how is it performing ? i have been thinking of getting an extender and i know the autofocus wont work unless using liveview but i would like some feedback on...