Search results

1. 300D

Canon Develops Material Appearance Image-Processing Technology

Does anyone know how many stops of tactile range this technology has? Just asking! ;)
  2. 300D

Cars cars cars (and some bikes)

TheJock, That confusing photo is an air cooled Moto Guzzi (Large capacity across the frame V twin), parked in front of a field of Harley Davidsons. :D
  3. 300D

Canon Working on Professional Underwater Camera? [CR1]

Will it require a filter in front of the lens for full water sealing? Just thinking out loud !!!!!!!!!!! ::)
  4. 300D

Canon super zoom coming

Canon could safely announce this now with no worries. With the time it would take to grow the Fluorite element in one of these lenses, it would be our great grandchildren who would be reviewing it anyway! Although if it turned out to use Diffractive Optics, it would easily fit in a jacket...
  5. 300D

7D Classic Good Enough for Pros?

I am a hobbyist, and cannot use my camera all the time so my skill level seems to stay rather average; but I like to try out different areas of photography to discover what really interests me. So when I decided to purchase a new camera in 2010, the then current and well specified 7D found its...
  6. 300D

The Canon EF 50mm f/1.0L

Congratulations on your acquisition. Perhaps you should take a picture of a cat ‘on’ a brick wall, but with just one claw in focus.
  7. 300D

Railway odds and ends...

Thank you dpc and candyman. The memory is the important part of this picture. I was starting to recover my health after a pretty wretched 6 years of illness, and remember suddenly feeling very alive taking this photograph. I realise that the image quality could be better but we all have to...
  8. 300D

Railway odds and ends...

One from Peterborough 'UK' preserved railway, taken in 2009 with my old 300D and some very cold fingers.
  9. 300D

B&H Photo Nows Carries Yongnuo Products

Re: B&H Photo Nows Carries Yongnuo Products I have had the YONGNUO YN-E3-RT Wireless Speedlight Transmitter for about 7 weeks now, so early days, but so far I have been very pleased with it. Some of the buttons are very slightly less solid than on my Canon flashes, bit the difference isn’t...
  10. 300D

Yongnuo 35mm f/2 Canon Clone on the Way

Miah I understand and agree with your view; apart from the YN-E3-RT my gear is all Canon or Sigma. But I was very frustrated to find that the Canon RT transmitter locked me out of a lot of the higher functionality of the device (and had less options), mainly because I only had a recent but...
  11. 300D

Hello Marsu42 Fortunately my YN-E3-RT is still fully functional though I have only had it for 7 weeks, and only used it indoors so far, out of reach of the British weather. I have read that others have found it unreliable hence my preference for an un-restricted canon version, but it is...
  12. 300D

I too am uneasy buying Chinese cloned products, however I did finally Succumb and purchased the Yongnuo YN-E3-RT; because it gave me Group mode with my pre 2012 body 7D and Canon 600-EX-RT's. It also gives me second curtain sync in manual mode, and has a focus assist beam, functions the Canon...
  13. 300D

So what makes a camera a "pro" camera?

Isn’t the unimog something of overkill for studio work? Surly a professional would use a less rugged camera indoors! ;D
  14. 300D

Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM

Dolina, The front row of that flock seem quite nervous, judging by the look on their faces. Perhaps that’s why they flock together like that!
  15. 300D

What do you see?

You have woken some water spirits. Treat them respectfully; they can be tricky and very mischievous. If you upset them they could replace your Bokeh with noise or worse. Great shots, thanks for sharing them.
  16. 300D

Which grass is considered greener (do nikonians complain as much as canonians)?

Could someone devise a depth of opinion calculator, to minimize the circles of confusion.
  17. 300D

Which grass is considered greener (do nikonians complain as much as canonians)?

Historically I believe; J peg files from Canon cameras have a slightly warm (red) presentation. Whereas Nikon cameras present a slightly cool, (green) cast. On that basis I suggest that it is the Nikon glass grass that is greener. This does not stop me being very happy with the performance...
  18. 300D

When can we drop 'D' for 'Digital'

I got my first SLR in 1975. It would fire off up to 20 shots at a time, and I could get up to 2 shots a second with good accuracy, despite the crude focusing system. Even though it was not weather sealed I never had any problems using it in the rain, and if I reversed the change lever it...