Search results

1. B

Cosina officially announces the Voigtlander NOKTON RF 75mm f/1.5

Nice! It's like shooting a soccer (football) game; you pre-focus on the keeper and take a shot only when they score.
  2. B

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

8K60fps, non-raw 8K through HDMI - wishful thinking?
  3. B

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

Actually, I read it. I rarely read a full article. It seems to me that the author convinced himself that it is about democracy and not business. I quote "Canon being themselves and staying quiet, ignoring the masses,". Let's vote. Many articles give us this illusion in believing that the...
  4. B

Venus Optics shows off the Laowa CF 8-16mm f/3.5-5 C-Dreamer for APS-C Cameras

You buy one of those, you wait three years, and you will think twice if you are going to buy another one ever again. Buying a cheap lens, versus buying a cheap car is not the same. A car is meant to be replaced few years later, a lens is supposed to grow up with you. My opinion, and it is my...
  5. B

Canon EOS R5 Mark II going to 60mp? [CR1]

Actually, it does. In fact the things I miss the most in my R5 is 5K crop raw 60fp, as well as 120fps 2K raw, internally, if possible. It is about having choices, not stuck in one option. 5K and 2K are about reach. 8K allows you to crop, yes, but the workflow is just increased. Besides, maybe I...
  6. B

Canon EOS R5 Mark II going to 60mp? [CR1]

File size should not be a problem. Something else might be, but not file size. 4 years ago, I bought a 256GB, two years ago I bought a 512GB and this year, I bought 1TB CF-E cards, and they cost the same. The 1TB is 2 times faster than the 256GB. I assume, SSD and HD will follow the same logic...
  7. B

Zhongyi Optics launches the Mitakon APO 200mm f/4 Macro 1X for RF

Indeed, AF is important, especially for these 0.95 lenses. However, for macro, it is not that important to me. To reduce the cost, i can leave with it. The thing that worries me is those manual lenses that cost as much as lenses with AF.
  8. B

Zhongyi Optics launches the Mitakon APO 200mm f/4 Macro 1X for RF

Let's see how sharp it is at F11. The MFD is great. Price is a bit high, given the EF 180 with AF.
  9. B

Canon EOS R5 Mark II in the hands of the lucky? [CR1]

These are people who shoot their model 25cm away from their faces. Besides, I am not sure how could you shoot a model in electronic shutter mode; how many photos a second you want to get? Just wondering.
  10. B

Angelbird launches new Type B SE and SX CFexpress cards with higher capacity and performance

That is true. I shoot 8k light on an R5. 40min of video eats up 512GB. I transcode it to prores 444 before putting into the NLE creating another file of slightly larger. When I am done, I export the entire thing to Prores 422 1080P, which is approximately a quarter to half the size of the...
  11. B

Angelbird launches new Type B SE and SX CFexpress cards with higher capacity and performance

I hate this "use the Firmware Update Tool accesssible exclusively via an Angelbird CFexpress B Card Reader". It forces you to stick to their own cards. I have a Sandisk reader, and I can't update my Prograde with it. Now, I bought and Angelbird card, and I have to buy their reader as well.
  12. B

Let’s talk Canon EOS R1, the flagship of flagships?

I am just asking; what are the advantages of having more than 45MP? For me, Global shutter; this is the only reason I would spend that amount of money.
  13. B

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II is closer to a reality than Canon’s claims

Maybe a childish request, but I wish, one day, Canon puts the actual value of the color temperature, instead of AWB(W) when shooting in auto-white balance. I know that I use white balance, but I want to know what color temperature that specific lighting condition, so that I can move to manual...
  14. B

Firmware: Canon EOS R5 v1.6.0 now available

No, they haven't. what I like though is, that I can shoot 8K30 for 29.59 now.
  15. B

Firmware: Canon EOS R5 v1.6.0 now available

If the R7 doesn't have it, then maybe it is not about "cannibalizing cinema cameras", but something else. What I don't understand is, you shoot 30-60sec and it infuriates you. I shoot 3hour concerts and rehearsals and it doesn't bother me. It would be great if they remove it, but that is at...
  16. B

Venus Optics announces the Laowa RF 10mm f/4 ‘Cookie’ lens for APS-C sensors

Don 't you love it when people stick to what they know and treat it as a bible? You won't be able to shoot a bathroom scene with a 200mm lens. I do realize that perfect photographers want top notch quality at all times. It took me 33 years to get rid of that imperfection and to realize that...