Search results

1. Antono Refa

Can anyone share experience re Silicon Power memory cards?

I'm unfamiliar with the brand, there aren't a lot of reviews (and what there is, doesn't make it easier for me), and the price seems a little too good. Background: I shoot stills and a bit of FHD video, so I prioritize price over speed.
  2. Antono Refa

Why do people insist if a lens' front plastic (the one with the filter diameter) has become lose, the lens must have been fixed?

I'm trying to sell a used lens. The thin plastic ring in front of the front element, that has the lens model and filter thread, has become lose with time. For some odd reason, a couple of interested photographers insist this is a sign the lens must have been fixed, which it wasn't. Is it a...
  3. Antono Refa

Seeking recommendation for external battery for 5DmkIV

I'm planning on taking long time lapses in the field. For that purpose I'm looking for a gadget which is a dummy LP-E6 on one side, and a USB port on the other side, so I could connect it to a USB powerbank. Any recommendation on specific products / alternatives? Thanks in advance!
  4. Antono Refa

Why is the RF flange distance 18mm?

If it was 19mm, Canon's 25mm extension tube could have served as an EF to RF adapter. Has Canon chosen a slightly shorter flange distance just so people couldn't reuse their extension tubes?
  5. Antono Refa

How to shoot a panorama of L shaped room?

Is there a technique to shoot a panorama of the inner walls of an L shaped room? Standing in one place and shooting 360 degrees would necessarily have walls viewed 'sideways'. Trying to go along the walls would make it hard to keep a fixed distance (and therefore magnification), and would...
  6. Antono Refa

Recommendations for a good slide scanner

A relative has gone on a very long (around a decade) trip abroad as a young man, and has shot a large collection of slides. Now he wants to scan the slides. Could you recommend specific slide scanners, or features he should look in one? E.g. should he be looking for a scanner than can handle...
  7. Antono Refa

What's the most resolution I could get from films like Cinestill 50 & Velvia 50?

A relative gave me a Canon EOS 3 he used to shoot with, and I decided to give it a go with the EF lenses I bought over the last few years. I'm going to have the films scanned, so I wonder what resolution I should ask the store to scan the films at? Obviously resolution would be limited by the...
  8. Antono Refa

Which L plate for Canon 5DmkIII & Induro PHQ-3 tripod head?

I'd like to buy an L plate for a Canon 5DmkIII. I'm using the Induro PHQ-3 tripod head (and happy with it), and might use the L plate with or without a grip. Which one(s) is/are recommended? Thanks!
  9. Antono Refa

What's the expected life time of a pro EOS body?

For example, if one decides to stick with a 5Dmk2, how long would it be before the camera would be the equivalent of a brick? As long as the camera is manufactured, one could have it fixed. But how long would spare parts stock last? Worse, if the camera never breaks, how long would batteries...
  10. Antono Refa

Patent: Canon EF 58mm f/1.4

http://egami.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2015-10-02
  11. Antono Refa

Time lapse - any advice and tutorial recommendations, please?

I've never shot time lapses before, and am thinking of taking one that would cover a full day, or ~12hrs. For that, I have two questions: 1. Could anyone recommend good tutorials on the subject, e.g. setting the camera? 2. Could anyone give advice regarding hardware-care? Having the camera...
  12. Antono Refa

Is there a photo processing software that allows binning pixels during import?

What I'm looking for would be for the software to debayer the image, then replace every 4 or 9 pixels with their sum. I could import a raw file using photoshop, save it as bitmap (and lose all the EXIF data), write a program that bins the image and saves the result as a bitmap, and import that...