Search results

1. chrysoberyl

Laowa 58mm

Nodding Ladies' Tresses (Spiranthes cernua).
  2. chrysoberyl

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

I don't get all the debate on this topic. What I would get is a 17-22 f/1.4 and a 14-16mm f/1.4, both appropriate for astro. Primes, of course. MF is fine, of course. I really don't care who makes it, but I do want RF mount.
  3. chrysoberyl

Century Precision Optics AD-8620 +2.0 Achromatic Diopter - 86mm (Screw Mount)

Thank you. I did contact Schneider and am awaiting a response. I find it a little odd that B&H and Adorama offer CPO diopters while they cannot be found on the Schneider website. The Schneider website does show what appear to be single element diopters, which I am leary of.
  4. chrysoberyl

As stated on B&H: 'Century Diopters feature two highly corrected glass elements for edge-to-edge sharpness, thus minimizing chromatic aberration and distortion'. Tests have shown CPO diopters to be among the best. I already use the extender (which requires a 12mm ET as a spacer), but thank you...
  5. chrysoberyl

This lens is available from B&H and 'This item is noncancelable and nonreturnable'. My question: Are the threads the same as on a Sigma 180mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM? I got varying answers from B&H. Sigma recommends extension tubes, which I tried and the increase in magnification is minimal.
  6. chrysoberyl

Sigma 180mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro

R6 + Canon 1.4X TC III + 12mm ET + Sigma 180. After driving 1200 mi. and enduring a grueling bushwhack to photograph dragonflies in an obscure mesotrophic bog, I return home to this in my back yard.
  7. chrysoberyl

Venus Optics shows off the Laowa CF 8-16mm f/3.5-5 C-Dreamer for APS-C Cameras

'Lens construction: 12 elements in 16 groups'! How does one subdivide elements into separate groups?
  8. chrysoberyl

Zhong Yi Optics officially announces the Mitakon 200mm F/4 APO Macro Lens

AF on my Sigma 180 2.8 is much better on the R6 than the 5D IV.
  9. chrysoberyl

Sigma 180mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro

I like the combination of R6 + Canon 1.4X TC III + 12mm ET + Sigma 180. AF is accurate and fast! And since there are no recent 180-200mm macro lenses...
  10. chrysoberyl

Zhong Yi Optics officially announces the Mitakon 200mm F/4 APO Macro Lens

What quality and quality control do Zhongyi Yi Optics lenses usually have? Currently, I use a Sigma 180 + 12mm ET + Canon 1.4 X III Extender and AF is quite good on my R6. I would consider the Zhongyi Yi Optics 200mm if the forum members have had a positive experience with Zhongyi Yi Optics...
  11. chrysoberyl

Laowa 58mm

Thank you, Click.
  12. chrysoberyl

Laowa 58mm

North Carolina Turk's Cap Lily.
  13. chrysoberyl

Sigma will launch 2 RF mount lenses to start [CR1]

My preference is the 20mm Art, especially if the throw can be increased to make precise manual focussing easier.
  14. chrysoberyl

Sigma 14mm f1.4 Art lens

I have to admit that I want this one and the 20mm f/1.4 for astro (on RF).
  15. chrysoberyl

Laowa 58mm

Thank you! I mostly manually focus and this lens does that very well.
  16. chrysoberyl

Laowa 58mm

Thank you for the compliment! I am a trillium fan, so I check check them pretty much every year. I was a bit late this year in NC and WV.
  17. chrysoberyl

Laowa 58mm

And one more.