Search results

1. tomscott

Canon EOS R5 Mark II going to 60mp? [CR1]

If the R1 doesn't have that why would anyone buy it. We got 40fps in the R6MKII and increased AF. TBH for anyone shooting moving subjects a stacked sensor is kind of a must. Really puts me off mirrorless, the AF is amazing but pointless if the images are warped. With one hand giveth with...
  2. tomscott

Canon EOS R5 Mark II going to 60mp? [CR1]

I still really love the size and performance of the 30mp of the 5DMKIV. I would like a spiritual successor to this, stacked and 40fps. Perfect.
  3. tomscott

Show your Bird Portraits

Great Crested Grebe Pair by Tom Scott, on Flickr Pair of Great Crested Grebes with a couple of eggs waiting to hatch. Ive been watching the pair for a couple of weeks and they swap over parenting duties. Unfortunately the light wasnt great, it was overcast but it was a nice behaviour.
  4. tomscott

Canon EOS-R5 images

Some absolutely fabulous images! Congrats. Following this thread with interest, very much like the look of this camera!!
  5. tomscott

Show your Bird Portraits

Tawny Owl fledgling, Cumbria Super cute! Absolutely love owls and this was my first ever sighting! This little fledging, just out of the nest, I caught while walking around Hilton, Appleby Canon 5DMKIV 100-400mm MKII 1.4X MKIII #tomscottphotography See more of my work at...
  6. tomscott

Canon officially announces the EOS RP

Looks a great camera for the enthusiast... But where is the 5D replacement? In August it will be 3 years since it was released with no real rumors of a replacement this year? The R cameras are intriguing but with AF that isn't stellar especially eye AF and single card slots its a non starter...
  7. tomscott

Canon thinks the camera market will drop by another 50% over the next two years

Ive bought plenty through necessity. I just don't get excited about any of it anymore.Its replacing worn out gear rather than vastly superior gear.
  8. tomscott

Maybe not from an image quality side as most people are pretty happy with the quality of the images available across the majority of dedicated cameras. Its usability, integration, easy share, internal editing capabilities etc etc At the end of the day the camera is just that a dedicated stand...
  9. tomscott

I think its amazing that non of the big camera manufacturers are looking at what Apple/Samsung/Google are doing with computational photography and adding features into cameras that have incredible sensors. Would save so much time when editing and you could choose what is right for your situation...
  10. tomscott

Its a catch 22 if they don't innovate and bring new product to the market then how can they expect to sell more? The product line is so stagnant and it has been since the 5DMKIII which was 2012, thats 7 years of not much happening or improvement. The schedule of updates is so long that there...
  11. tomscott

Canon EOS 7D Mark II listed as discontinued, but no reason for excitement

Interesting I had the same path. 350d to 40d to 7D to 5DMKIII then 7DMKII as a secondary camera then twin 5DMKIIIs and a 7DMKII. Had a 5DMKIII stolen and bought a 6DMKII and 5DMKIV and sold the 7DMKII. IMO the original 7D wasnt great and sold it within a couple of months. Hated the sensor even...
  12. tomscott

I disagree, I specifically posted images in challenging and average situations. Shooting in a rainforrest with extreme changeable light through the canopy with large variations between highlights and shadows is probably one of the most challenging situations a photographer will experience.
  13. tomscott

Wow dont hold back... lol I think its hilarious how people get so emotionally invested in a tool. If it doesn't work for you then move on. My thoughts are that the sensor wasn't amazing but it wasn't awful either. If you work within its limitations you can get some great images, if you...
  14. tomscott

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

Im very excited to have a play with this. This will replace my 6DMKII for sure.
  15. tomscott

Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

Finally!!! Something to be excited about!
  16. tomscott

Your favourite motorsports events

Now the hard work begins... coming home with 10k images over the weekend ball ache finding those keepers! Hope all had a good weekend! Here's me and my dad parked up early at about 7:45am within the huge mass of probably more than 600 Porsches at the owners club! As usual an awesome weekend...
  17. tomscott

No its on the outside so you follow the pedestrian path. You can walk down from car club 9 section and the first gap that looks down the straight, the second is on the other side of the curve where the TV symbol is on the map near the village corner. Believe it or not its not really because you...
  18. tomscott

Thanks Click, appreciate the comment :D
  19. tomscott

The best place to be for a spectator photographer is at the loop, there are 2-3 photographer section, its a real hole in the fence for safety made for spectators but its the only one on the track that I can think of. That corner is always eventful. Sideways Action, Historic Formula 1...
  20. tomscott

With Silverstone Classics this weekend I thought I would share a few images from 2016 (last time I went) I needed to get the images together for media accreditation so a decent reason to post some :D One of the best motoring events on the UK calendar. I Remember 2016 it being a particularly...