Search results

1. P

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

I totally agree with the 5Dm2 focus indicator red lights, those were SUPER helpful. And with the 5Dm3, while its a superior camera, BOY do I miss that feature, and it really adds some guess work. Why in the world did they do that? I forget if they fixed that back in the 5Dm4? That was annoying...
  2. P

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

If it has the locked out issue the Sony A7R2/3 has, which basically you cannot do anything with the camera settings until the buffer is clear... If it cannot play back a photo in 1:1 view without seconds of waiting, which the A7R takes,(5D3/4 are super fast in display and nothing is locked out)...
  3. P

We think it’s almost a sure thing Canon will announce a pro EOS R body in 2020

With all this said for work horse tool use....(Not sure about the A9) Sony A7RII has been sent to repair of USB port, SD card slot, and sloppy lens mount already. This was about $900 in repair. The lens mount still often doesn't read the electronics, and when the camera bugs out, I have to shut...
  4. P

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Listening to a review, I think it was 3 Elephants or something on Youtube, his verbage of the feature for the A7RIV is that it can zoom in during Auto. So they might have finally "fixed" that limitation. What I descrive in the EVF is more so for the fact you are not looking at a black VF(not...
  5. P

Well, I know its not so accurate, but at least being able to focus in low light is surely a plus. So, maybe you can help....Is the 1 to 1 zoom on the R3 the same or significantly faster and close to the 5Dm3 or even better?
  6. P

New 5D4 Memo recording firmware -- usable for multiple cards?

Wow, I love such a feature. Used to have it on the 1Ds I think. I was only doing studio then, and still found some use for it.
  7. P

Using both the A7RII and the 5DMarkIII.... If Canon cannot provide a fast focus system as 5Dm3 or better, and improve sensor performance with a hybrid like EVF/OVF with at least the option to shoot in 30mp, or 50mp or so, then they should not bother releasing anything. The megapixels is just for...
  8. P

Canon USA lays off 60 employees from the camera division

In response to the layoff...Maybe they finally saw the competition direction and realized they have been wasting their time in a vortex they created themselves, while the numbers and world direction is going with hybrid systems that can focus peak, and have new updated sensor tech, and adaptive...
  9. P

New Type of Camera Coming from Canon Ahead of Photokina [CR1]

If Sigma is going to sit around on the Fovion, they may as well sell it to Canon so they can expand its tech and give it a true 40+ mpixel, and shove that in the 5DmV. Get rid of the AA limits and color. R&D the DR and bam! you have a new flagship....Oh...You will need a removable wireless EVF...
  10. P

5D Mark V wish list

I want a removable wireless monocular that straps on my head as a EVF for the camera I hold. It can be slid back on the body if used as a traditional EVF. I want it to have Eye detect focus as Canon had years ago. As well as LCD touch screen I want it to have Wifi built in... and YES! How dare...
  11. P

Just returned a Sony Alpha 7R III after a week

I STILL have the A7RII, but the files ARE cleaner, and not just DR, its the lack of AA. Sharper, more 3D MF like, and they do have more play maybe due to mpixels. As the OP I still take the Canon on field, or anything that might move, like models and such. If its static or posed with little...
  12. P

The 5DsR mk2

I have the A7RII, and have sent it in for repair twice now. Once for the SD slot not locking the card in, and then for a sticky shutter, and glitchy electronics. Sometimes the camera just goes blank, as if there is no power. Sometimes the Aperture and Shutter speed go wonkers. It happens at the...
  13. P

Two Prosumer Mirrorless Camera Bodies in Development [CR2]

It has to be the same EF mount or it will be a few and hard road. Besides, as crappy as the Sony electronics are, I am using the EF with Metabones and I deal with it just fine in studio. It just has bad response times in the field and hunting, etc...besides the electronic glitches it sometimes...
  14. P

Nikon Confirms New Mirrorless System Coming in Early 2019, What About Canon?

IF Canon cannot make a camera that mechanically cannot shoot and gets lagged in electronics, like the Sony does, then I see no point for Canon to make a high end competitor to the A7RIII. I have lots Canon bodies, and Sony bodies. If I need a "on-field" journalistic or fast pace ruin/gun...
  15. P

The 5DsR mk2

Once you've been shooting Canon for sometime you understand it has highlight detail more than shadow and you expose with that in mind. I do, and I too recover. I have been shooting Canon for about 10 years, currently using the 5Dm3 and just a year or so ago I purchased the A7RII and a Metabones...
  16. P

Removing the 5D4's AA filter?

Moire, LOL OK I guess it can happen and with some lens and pixel pitch combo more than others....So 20 years and NO Moire with MF digital backs and 35mm cameras that have ZERO filtering/no AA. How do I not get any moire? I don't know, ask the video guys that care so much. Maybe they know. Its...
  17. P

What CRM software do you use for your photography business?

Well to bring this to light.... Did the Ninja software ever make a deskop version. I too don't like cloud based data mining software, and certainly not of other peoples info. I remember GoldMine being pretty nice. But its been a long time since.
  18. P

Dual Pixel Raw, how about using pixels further away?

Imagine if it can be a selectable pixel! Then you have a winning featuer. As of now this feature is pretty useless, and with no doubt will have it OFF for 99.9% of the time. Once you unlock the capability with selectable dual pixel raw, then maybe it can be like a "stack" focus image.
  19. P

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to be 30mp? [CR1]

I would love for 2 versions, Video with AA filter with no major resolution jump, and a photo version with optional AA filter and 30+ resolution... 5D MarkIV Hybrid /24mp 5D Mark IV-R /32mp
  20. P

And We Wait for the Sleeping Giant...

I do miss my 1Ds I sold years back(for under $1K!). If for 1 reason, I would have to say for the sound of the shutter. The 1D line has the best ever. Any other shutter I have heard since has been a disappointing toy like sound. Ok, one other thing I miss is simply the build quality. Just stiff...