Search results

1. A

R6 + IBIS + EF lenses

Thank you, JPAZ.
  2. A

R6 + IBIS + EF lenses

Hi, I have been using Canon EOS cameras and EF lenses since 2001. Over the last 19 years I have acquired several lenses. Now I am planning to move to Canon EOS R cameras. I have to plan my pathway carefully. In Brazil we do not have large camera stores as B&H where we can try different cameras...
  3. A

Using EF lenses on Canon EOS R

Thank you for all the info so far. I currently own a 6DII, a 7DII and several EF lenses (70-200 f/2.8L II, 70-200 f/4L IS, 24-70 f/2.8L II, 17-40 F/4L, EF 50 f/1.4, EF 85 f/1.8, EF 28 f/1.8, Sigma 12-24). I am thinking about buying a R mount camera, but I probably will not buy the R as my 6DII...
  4. A

Using EF lenses on Canon EOS R

Hi, To all Canon EOS R users: how is your experience using EF lenses on the R camera so far? Does the camera display focus distance information with EF lenses as it does with RF lenses? What about lens aberrations correction? I am especially curious about Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L and EF 85...
  5. A

Billingham Hadley Pro vs Hadley One

Thank you, Del Paso. I own a 6D. I started with a Billingham Eventer, which I find superb, but it is too large. I really do not mind the width and the height, but it is too deep (front to back). Then I changed for the Hadley Pro, which I like, but it is really tight for my lenses (I use a...
  6. A

Billingham Hadley Pro vs Hadley One

Has anyone changed from Billingham Hadley Pro to Billingham Hadley One? Do you think the extra space was worth the investiment?
  7. A

How to defish architectural shots made with Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L?

Hi, I am trying to use Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L to make some archictectural shots (façades of two or three story buildings in narrow alleys and very long façades in narrow alleys as well). What do you recomend to defish those images? I have already used my widest rectilinear lens (Sigma 12-24mm)...
  8. A

A new Canon EOS R body with IBIS - A new life for old lenses?

When Canon releases a new EOS R body with IBIS could it mean a new life for old lenses? I think it would be very interesting for owners of Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L (or 1.0L), EF 85mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L and several other lenses to simply add IS to all those lenses by buying a new body. Consider...
  9. A

Industry News: The L-Mount Alliance: a strategic cooperation between Leica Camera, Panasonic and Sigma

Unfortunately, the new Canon R mount has a 20mm flange distance, so we will never be able to use a L to R adapter (or an adapter to use Nikon mirrorless-mount lenses on our Canon R cameras). Canon EF used to be the best mount for adapters, but it seems that Canon R won't be as good as Nikon on...
  10. A

Any new information about the rumored 200-600mm lens?

A 200-500 f/5.6L would be a great addition to the EF lineup (and even better for the R lineup). If it was an EF lens, it would be the next step from 16-35 + 24-70 + 70-200 (or 17-40 + 24-105 + 70-200). At the R lineup it would be even better, because we could have a 200-500 f/5.6L and a...
  11. A

2018 World Cup

Where are the traditional sideline pictures with dozens of press photographers so that we can count the number of white lenses and black lenses and brag (or complain) about the number of photographers using Canon and photogs using Nikon or Sony? ;)
  12. A

Why Canon won´t design fixed lenses wider than 11mm?

That´s very interesting. I wasn´t aware of the existence of this lens. However, the angle of view of this lens is listed as 130o and the Canon 11-24mm has an angle of view of 126o5´, so it´s almost 4o wider. Thank you!
  13. A

If one defishes an image taken with the Canon EF 8-15mm fisheye, what would be the equivalent FOV?
  14. A

Fixed lenses are easier to design than zoom lenses. The designer might optimize the project for only one focal lenght and does not need to worry about correcting distortions in several different focal lenghts. So, one could expect that Canon might produce a fixed lens wider than the 11mm, as...
  15. A

Full body portraits on the street - 50mm f/1.2L or 85mm f/1.4L IS

@ sanj The crowd factor is very important and I hadn´t thought about it before. Thank you very much for reminding me about it. I will try to take some pictures with the 85mm f/1.8 and the 50mm f/1.4 on the places where I am expecting to conduct this project to see how the crowds will behave...
  16. A

Any rumor about a new TS-E lens wider than 17mm?

Is there any rumor about a new TS-E lens wider than 17mm? Or Canon will release news or rumors about a new TS-E lens as soon as I buy the TS-E 17mm, as it happened with the new 70-200mm f/4L IS, which appeared months after I bought my copy of this lens?
  17. A

After post-production software, is the TS-E 17mm still a valuable resource?

@ Neuroanatomist That´s a great picture. Congratulations! @ Aichbus Manual focus is something that worries me about the TS-E. Although it might have a large depth of field as it is a wide angle lens, specially when stopped down, I am always worried about nailing focus. I probably would not...
  18. A

Folks, Thank you very much for your prompt answers. @Aichbus You might have the answer to my questions. I have always coveted the TS-E 17mm. I am very fond of architecture photography and one of my projects involves making pictures of historical two-story buildings in narrow streets, so I...
  19. A

Folks, As the post-production software gets better day after day, do you consider the TS-E 17mm a valuable resorce for architecture photography or are you satisfied with tilt corrections in post?
  20. A

Full body portraits on the street - 50mm f/1.2L or 85mm f/1.4L IS

Folks, Thank you very much for your answers and sorry for the delay to reply. @ Ah-Keong I have not considered the 35mm because I really would like a very strong bokeh as a separating factor between the subject and the background. As the portraits are going to be taken on the street, I would...