Search results

1. W

Anyone with a 600mm II want to help me ID what these parts are?

I called Canon, it was a bit of back and forth as even they didn't have anything listed in their parts catalog for straps! After some snooping around, it appears the wide strap B is the official strap for the 300/400/500/600 mk2 family. The official listing only specifies compatibility with the...
  2. W

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I don't follow privatebydesign... I have the case, just not the strap to the case? Buying a whole case just for the missing strap seems... excessive? On another note, the page for the case (both B&H and Canon) also appears to not mention anything about a strap either.
  3. W

Thanks Neuro! It appears my used copy is missing the monopod foot and both the case and lens straps. I'm not too upset about the straps but that foot is a bummer. I do intend to use the lens on a monopod... I also noticed that Canon doesn't list any of these things in their lens accessories...
  4. W

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/r6EAAOSw0qdcdaRP/s-l1600.jpg This is an image from eBay, I've tried to contact the seller with little luck. Maybe you guys here know. I recently got a 600mm Mk II used but i suspect it's not complete. So I'm curious as to what the retail lens actually comes with...
  5. W

Patent: EF-S 10mm f/2.8 BR and EF 35mm BR Optical Formula

I'm not sure if the person above me is being serious, but: BR = blue spectrum refractive https://petapixel.com/2016/03/10/canons-new-blue-spectrum-refractive-lens-technology-works/
  6. W

*UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image He's referencing the picture used as the "thumbnail" for this news post (obvious photoshop). I don't think he saw the actual photo in the article as you had to expand the article on the front page to see the actual link to the leaked image...
  7. W

free upgrade to Windows 10 - yes or no?

Like Vista before it, there will come a time when Windows 7 will be retired as well... If you had Win 10, the machine might remain relevant for a little while longer... It keeps options open. On the other hand, by the time Win 7 is retired, you might just buy a new PC anyways and this...
  8. W

Newer computer worth it?

Meh... It's a generation older but slightly higher clocked. If it's any better you're talking about a few percentage points at best. The biggest you would gain from that would be flexibility with HDs (being able to have more than one) and the ability to add a higher performing video card for GPU...
  9. W

Canon Announces the Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash

It means in RT mode, it's both master and slave. in the old mode (optical mode, like the 580EX) it can only be a slave.
  10. W

Adobe Lightroom 6 Coming This Week?

looks like there will be a LR6 (US website) https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/versions.html?promoid=KSKCX
  11. W

Lens advice for shooting Yellowstone winter

Just got back from Yellowstone actually... I had 7D Mk2 + 2x + 600mm Mk2. The reach was "acceptable". There were a few instances where the 70-200 came in handy. Do bring something for landscapes as well. Things you could see in the winter: Bison, Wolves, Coyotes, Red Foxes, Grizzly (there's...
  12. W

Canon EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R Press Release

Re: Canon EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R Press Release Does that mean the image will be magnified in the optical viewfinder in crop mode? Or will the optical viewfinder be "cropped" when in crop mode?
  13. W

New Firmware Coming for EOS 5D Mark III

Just got my 5Dmk3 from the Canon Jamesburg, NJ facility. I sent it in 12/29 for cleaning. firmware is still 1.2.3...
  14. W

5D3 + teleconverter + Telescope

I have confirmed that the dandelion autofocus confirmation chip DOES NOT work for this purpose. The body is fooled into thinking it's an EOS lens, but the teleconverter isn't buying it. I suspect it's because the EF conconveter is expecting 3 more pins to provide data that the AF confirmation...
  15. W

that might work... I will look into this. Thank you! Wei
  16. W

So I have a telescope which I use a T-Ring to EOS adapter with. Like everyone here who shoots (really) far away things, I like attaching my Canon Teleconverters to it. However, with the 5D3 + Telecoverter + T-Ring adapter, the camera won't take a picture and instead complains not being able to...
  17. W

Stacked TCs - 1.4x III + 12mm Extension Tube + 2x III

Since we're messing around with stacking teleconverters... why limit it to EF lenses, what about... a telescope... The images attached are shot with a sky-watcher ProED 120mm Doublet APO Refractor + 0.85x reducer/field flattener. It's natively 900mm but with the reducer it's 765mm. The Camera...
  18. W

hide and seek with the moon

Ok, I'm sticking to the sticker shock theory ;D. I see what you mean about the non-periodic error that would be an problem. I'll keep looking at my options. This is a very expensive habit hobby >.<.
  19. W

Yay! more data! Hmm your view on Celestron greatly differs from those at the local astronomy club :-\. They tend to hold the Advanced VX and CGEM mounts to a pretty high standard. I think it's sticker shock, photographers have already come to terms with $1k tripods and $2k+ lenses. The...
  20. W

Thanks for the pointers. I already ordered the reducer/field flattener that goes with this scope. I think that should help the vignetting I'm seeing right now with my 2" to 1.25" adapter + t-mount adapter + t-mount to EOS adapter. I'm looking to get the Celestron Advanced VX mount to go with...