Search results

1. dlee13

Canon executives address third-party RF future

Or I could just continue to not act like I'm part of some mindless cult that can't admit the fault of a corporation who couldn't care less about myself or any other customer and only their profit? Sure, I could sit in a park feeding the ducks like those who are unable to comprehend the...
  2. dlee13

It's not about not understanding what you are suggesting, it's just that no consumer would care what's best for Canon. If closing their system and overcharging for their gear is best for them that's fine but any customer in their right mind wouldn't support them since it results in them missing...
  3. dlee13

Everyone in here should in reality be a customer and want what’s best for themselves, not for Canon. No one here in their right mind should be willing to pay more for less just to benefit Canon. They may see no negative effect of their decisions right now, but things can change fast and when...
  4. dlee13

Just my guess but likely Canon view their design/production to not be as good since Viltrox are a Chinese brand. Canon did try to buy Sigma all those years ago so they know their value.
  5. dlee13

In a way you’d hope this that means Canon will only the more reputable brands like Tamron and Sigma to license their mount and not so much brands like Yongnuo, but if they want to continue their greed at the detriment of their users they could do the opposite and only work with brands like...
  6. dlee13

PS5 should be a strong consideration too!
  7. dlee13

Sigma will launch 2 RF mount lenses to start [CR1]

The 35GM is around $800 AUD cheaper than the EF 35L II which is insane when you consider how old the EF lens is now. All you can hope is that Canon lose more and more sales until they realize the error in their ways and give their users more options. If they make the best lens in that given...
  8. dlee13

That’s exactly what convinced me to swap my main body to Sony too. In Australia Canon charge absurd prices for their lenses as well. Sony 90mm Macro - $1099 AUD (on sale) Canon RF 100mm Macro - $1934 (on sale) Canon EF 100mmL Macro - $1529 AUD (on sale) Sigma 105mm DN Macro - $1199 reg ($879...
  9. dlee13

And if their users swap to pretty much any other system they can have access to modern third party lenses, then those RF lens sales will go down regardless.
  10. dlee13

Maybe body sales since people would need RF bodies to use these RF lenses?
  11. dlee13

Even if you only want to use Canon branded lenses, third party options should be a must. Canon is nowhere near competitive with their pricing outside the US so third party options would give them reason to be so. So even if you want Canon branded RF lenses only, you’d still benefit from the...
  12. dlee13

Canon RF-S 22mm f/2 STM is coming alongside the EOS R50 [CR2]

This lens should be a must for RF-S. The closest Fuji has is a 27mm f/2.8 and although I’d say it’s sharper, it’s also slower. Canon did a great job making this lens so would be waste if it wasn’t brought over to RF.
  13. dlee13

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

Well Canon Australia is still Canon though right? Not like it’s some third party distributor… We might actually be better off with one since Sigma use one and their prices are cheaper than the US ones.
  14. dlee13

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

I know they are the biggest market but other brands here in Australia don’t charge insane amounts, it’s only Canon. They block third party lenses and charge stupidly high amounts for both EF and RF lenses whereas other brands like Sony charge nearly half the price so pretty hard to justify it...
  15. dlee13

You can’t use US price as the base though, the lenses aren’t even manufactured in the US and they are making a way bigger profit than that. For example the 135GM from Sony is $2098 USD and the Canon RF 135 is $2099 USD. Now in Australia, the 135GM goes for as cheap as $2300 AUD but the Canon is...
  16. dlee13

I think they only updated it so soon because they want to release a body lower than it to replace the R/RP and this makes the R6II way more high end compared to what they plan to release I’m guessing.
  17. dlee13

UK got hit hard too, was £1000 more than the GM so ours is even worse though. Yeah they way they determine the pricing is very strange. You’ll find a lot of the stores like Digi tend to bump the prices up before a big sale or cashbacks. Digi especially keep doing 20% off on their eBay so some...
  18. dlee13

135L is pretty much DOA here in Australia since it’s $3899 AUD and the 135GM is only $2300 AUD. Not to mention you got the option of the Samyang 135mm f/1.8 AF for around $1400 AUD.
  19. dlee13

UK pricing for the new Canon gear has leaked ahead of tomorrow’s announcement

A local store here already sent out the announcement email. It’s $4499 AUD so quite a bit higher than the R6 at launch but will drop quickly.
  20. dlee13

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

135L price is quite fair, very close to the 135GM which is nice to see.