Search results

1. dlee13

My Canon RF 85mm f/2 Macro IS STM Review

I’ve owned this lens for just over a year now and thought I’d write a short review which you can find here. TLDR: This is a great lens that offers something unique that most other 85mm primes don’t in the form of a very short minimum focusing distance. It offers great image quality with average...
  2. dlee13

Tamron 100-400 on R bodies?

So I’m wondering how many here use the Tamron 100-400mm EF lens on RF mount bodies? I’m curious about this lens but see mixed reviews in terms of performance at 400mm. Most of these reviews are with DSLR’s which makes me wonder if it was just focus issues that wouldn’t be present on a...
  3. dlee13

Canon R5 doesn’t overheat as fast as Sony A7SIII

Dan Watson has done a video focusing on overheating between the two and in the tests, the Sony overheats faster Dan seems to shoot Nikon too so I would consider this to be quite unbiased.
  4. dlee13

A short review of the Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM

I have written a short review of the above lens on my blog. In short, this lens has made me go from rarely using my M5 and always prioritizing my A7III to actually using the M5 more. Canon really showed the potential of the M mount and has really made me love and value my M5 again. You can...
  5. dlee13

Confusing purchase ahead.

So currently I have a Canon 6D and 1 Canon 430ex ii 1 Yongnuo 560ii 3 Yongnuo RF-603 triggers. When doing product/still life shots I generally have one of the RF-603'S on camera and the others on the flashes to trigger them. I plan to get the Yongnuo 568EX ii and was interested in getting...
  6. dlee13

1DX II and DXO Mark

I am very interested to see how they rate the 1DXII considering they love Canon so much...
  7. dlee13

Is a 85mm f1.4 needed?

Currently I use my 100L on my 6D as my portrait lens. I don't primarily shoot portraits but I'm getting more and more into them which is why I'm considering getting another lens I could dedicate to portraits. My main choice would be the Sigma 85mm f1.4 EX due to its price and IQ (if Canon are to...
  8. dlee13

AF Queries

What I am wondering is, can a lens that suffers from say -5 back focus still focus accurately at 0 on certain objects? I've recently noticed that my 35 seems to be much sharper at -5 when focusing on people. At 0, it is still tack sharp when focusing on objects such as text although the images...
  9. dlee13

Asus or BenQ

I'm due for a monitor upgrade and I'm deciding between the Asus PB278Q and the newly released BenQ GW2765HT. Both are fairly similar specs wise and I can get the BenQ for nearly $100 cheaper ($499 for the BenQ, $597 for the Asus). I have ordered a Datacolor Spyder4pro to calibrate my monitor...
  10. dlee13

Canon 85 1.8 to replace 50 1.4?

Hello everyone! Ever since getting my Canon 35mm f2 IS and 100mmL IS I have found my Sigma 50mm 1.4 classic not getting much use. On my 6D I prefer the 35mm FL over the 50 and just generally love everything about the 35 IS. I like my lenses to have specific uses and it is meant to be: 35mm f2...