Search results

1. S

Canon has released firmware version 1.3.0 for the EOS RP

eye see what you did there
  2. S

Canon will release the EOS Ra astrophotography camera

This would be their first dedicated astrophotography camera with a full frame, wouldn't it? If so, that's got to be exciting for the astrophotographers out there.
  3. S

The RF mount “Holy Trinity” should be ready to ship before the end of July 2019 [CR2]

I bought the RP to be a travel camera and barely had it for two weeks before I went on a dream vacation to the Mediterranean. I seriously don't understand why having a lower feature, lower cost, lighter full frame camera is a bad thing. It was great for carrying around Barcelona, Nice, Monaco...
  4. S

Canon EOS RP w/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM in stock and ready to ship

I added a few quick shots of my backyard and side yard. Hopefully it helps some of you with respect to jpg, quasi point and shoot capabilities for this camera. Resharing the link for ease of access. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmwaqbr1 I'm hoping for a nicer day soon so I can test the camera out as...
  5. S

I took a few test shots, using the RF 35 F1.8 lens, and the obligatory first models for a new camera. Yes, that's right, cats. Here's a link the Flickr album. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmwaqbr1 Please note this was for fun, and by no means was it a test of the camera's ability, or my inability. :)
  6. S

After years of reading these forums, but not saying much, I think I know the answer to this one in simple terms. The EF lenses need to be farther away from the sensor to produce the image. The EF to RF adapter provides that extra distance, and Canon is conveniently using that extra space to...
  7. S

Mine arrived today, a day after my camera bundle did. I have medium sized hands, and I'm going to try shooting with and without the extension. If you wear gloves larger than medium, you'll probably enjoy the extension.
  8. S

Thanks, I'm excited! I do have the 17-40 F/4 (and the 24-70 F/2.8 ii), but I don't want to carry too many lenses with me. Nelu suggested getting the 35 RF 1.8 and yeah, I might have done that for low light. :)
  9. S

I'm traveling to Europe in a month and thought this would be the perfect travel camera. I'm anxiously awaiting my tracking number, just like the rest of you. I also ordered the rf 24-105mm kit. Any thoughts on a complimentary lens or lenses for a week on the Mediterranean?
  10. S

Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $1899

Re: Deal: Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II $1399 & Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1899 I couldn't resist this lens for that price. I shoot sports for my son's high school, so I can see this being of immediate benefit.
  11. S

Canon EOS 7D Mark II AF Issues

Here's a shot from last night. It's from a sequence of three shots, and this is the middle one. This is with firmware 1.0.2, using the 70-200 2.8 Mk II. I don't seem to be experiencing the same issues as others with the 7DMkII. Maybe my eye isn't discerning enough? Large 2048 download from...
  12. S

Thanks SlydeR! Yes, it's the original 100-400L. My favorite lens has to be the 70-200 f2.8 II. It's magical for shooting through the nets and fences.
  13. S

I've been following this site for a few years now, but I've never posted. I've had the 7DmkII since it came out, shoot cyclocross and mountain bike racing, and my son's baseball games for his high school. I shoot through fences and nets, and even shot a couple poorly lit basketball games in...