Search results

1. H

Nifty Fifty and/or a Pancake lens are coming to the RF mount in 2020 [CR3]

I'm not an expert but I thought that the pancake design works best if the focal length is approximately the flange distance of the mount. Thus we have a 40mm f/2.8 for the 44mm EF/EF-S mount, and a 22mm f/2 for the 18mm EF-M mount. Given that the RF mount is 20mm, can we assume that a pancake...
  2. H

More Detailed Specifications for the Canon EOS 6D Mark II

So I found this chart which compares Canon's full-frame cameras: https://prophotoblog.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Canon-EOS-Full-Frame-Comparison-Chart.pdf It looks official enough, although the link to the same PDF on the Canon site doesn't work for some reason so I can't be sure...
  3. H

70-200 f/2.8 IS II - Difference between 2012 and 2014?

And, just like that, I've taken it in for exchange. I really wanted to like the lens and not be "that guy" that is returning lenses because they're not sharp or whatever. But I took some photos of the moon last night (good tripod, 1/4s exposure, f/4, mirror lockup, 2s timer, IS off etc) and...
  4. H

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - they are much appreciated. In the end I decided to keep the lens. I finally had some time to use it properly and after the first day of use the IS has become essentially silent, as everyone has told me it should be. In a quiet room I can only hear the...
  5. H

I just purchased this lens and the ten digit serial number starts with "90" meaning I think that it was manufactured in May 2012 (i.e. two years ago). I noticed the old-style side-pinch lens cap (versus the new center-pinch style) when opening the box in the store but I didn't clue in that this...