Search results

1. T

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

If they introduce subscription based features that would definitely end my engagement with Canon. Closed mount and extreme wide gap between affordable and high-end lenses puts it on the borderline already.
  2. T

Opinion: This patent identifies my ongoing issue with Canon

Canon seems to differentiate its product lines more than other vendors. Even in the FF segment, the difference between an RF 85mm L and non-L lens is now bigger than it used to be in EF mount. It is a logical consequence to set apart the APS-C segment even more. In the eyes of a product...
  3. T

The State of RF – 5 Years of Lenses

It would be interesting to see the accumulated cost for the consumer to buy the RF lens portfolio compared to EF. ;)
  4. T

Canon Adds EOS R50 and EOS R8 to the Growing EOS R Mirrorless Camera System

Couple of reasons: - Changing batteries is tedious and can make you miss a shot - Even more so if the battery door is blocked by a tripod plate - Carrying many batteries defeats the purpose of having a smaller/more lightweight kit - Having to carry different types of batteries and chargers for...
  5. T

The question is; why? I remember a guy who was forced to use such an adapter on the old, proprietary Sony hotshoe, and it stopped working in the middle of an expensive studio session. So really the question is: why?
  6. T

I think people rightfully come here to see new, inspiring things from Canon for their craft, not just things that barely work for more money than before.
  7. T

Have a look at the R50 hotshoe! If you plan on ever using a strobist or studio flash with the R50, you'd better get a different camera.
  8. T

You could say the 6D was a product management mistake, because it had a better sensor than the much more expensive 5DIII at that time, and could completely replace the 5DIII for many use cases such as travel and landscape, at a lower price point and weight. Apparently Canon learned from their...
  9. T

... at almost double the price; based on current street price.
  10. T

I am afraid that the R replacement is called R5, if you want higher than basic resolution, good build, and top LCD. Unfortunately it is 4500€ body only. ;(
  11. T

Surely cannot replace the R. Arguments in favor of the R compared to, for example, the A7III, were: better resolution, better build, better EVF, top LCD. The R8 loses in all 4 departments. Now we've got a DR that can compete with the A7III, now we have to give up the other advantages, or pay up...
  12. T

Still no camera for stills shooters (pun intended). But good work from product management. Some features worse than the competition, some better. Not bad enough to make you switch systems; but not good enough to make you happy neither. Edit: both prices are what I would pay in Germany today...
  13. T

Watch the SIGMA live event

Canon product management have really done a great job differentiating their product lines and closing their mount to third parties. So much that they are likely going to lose me as a customer. But nobody cares, I guess. ;)
  14. T

Watch the SIGMA live event

That is why I will hold on with buying into a closed mount until all the lenses I need are available at a price point I am willing to pay. The problem is particularly prominent with portrait lenses in the RF mount where you currently have only two choices: an uber-expensive f1.2 and an...
  15. T

Canon EOS R8 specifications

I was already wondering; how can Canon give us a FF camera at the same price point as the Nikon Z5. Then I noticed there is no mentioning of an EVF....
  16. T

Canon to announce RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM this month

"Me too". We either copy from Nikon, or we copy from our own DSLR line, whichever is worse. Then we add substantially to the price and are done with it.
  17. T

A new EOS R system camera is coming in January [CR2]

Entry level R series camera with another recycled sensor from the EOS 6D generation.
  18. T

Canon officially announces the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM and the RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM

Canon always listens to their customers. Many have been asking for a more affordable f4 version of the rf70-200. Now they get it. With just one catch: the price is almost the same as the f2.8 version in EF system. Very funny Canon. Very funny..
  19. T

Canon EOS R5 records 4 hours of 4KHQ 30p to an external recorder, with a couple of simple tweaks

Honestly, with a camera that sells for more than 4300 euro, such tweaks and worries should not be necessary.....
  20. T

Industry News: Nikon announces the entry-level full-frame Nikon Z 5, a new lens and teleconverters

Agree. Although if you‘d prefer a 24-70f4 lens you could as well get a Z6 kit right now at around the same price or cheaper than getting the Z5 and 24-70 separately. Interestingly, even the Z6+24-70f4 kit is not more expensive than the R body alone....