Search results

1. B

The Photography Show & The Video Show in the UK has been postponed

I often attend the show, and had planned to this weekend as the equipment prices available are typically less than on the internet
  2. B

The Canon EOS R5 will have an SD & CFExpress slot [CR2]

Sandisk 128MB UHSII SD (300MB/s)= £86 Sandisk 128MB CFExpress (1700MB/s)= £234 So there is a fairly big difference
  3. B

Patent: Dual internal teleconverter telephoto lens.

why so expensive ? The basic 400F5.6 is £1200, adding a couple of inbuilt converters at £450 each would take it to the same price region as the 100-400 Mk 2. This would make a decent birders lens.
  4. B

I need an new xl backpack

I use the 40L whenever I'm using my 600F4 and I've found it to be very comfortable once correctly adjusted, and more than enough space for a couple of bodies + 600F4 +100-400, and a couple of free slots for 20-70F4 or filters etc. One slight warning, I measured it as being right on the limit in...
  5. B

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Wimberley gimbal head on fixed tripod. I was panning between shots keeping the owl as centred as possible
  6. B

The short eared Owls are back for the winter at my local patch, and I put together this sequence shot of one hunting. The owl is not visible in the grass in the fifth shot in the series (5DIV + EF600F4MII + 1.4x) Short%20Eared%20Owl%20by%20Bob%20Grice,'][/URL]
  7. B

Show your Bird Portraits

I've been watching the Treecreeper's nest at my local reserve
  8. B

Managed to get a couple of shots of the local Barn Own last weekend,
  9. B

Industry News: Sony Develops a Back-Illuminated CMOS Image Sensor with Pixel-Parallel A/D Converter

Re: Industry News: Sony Develops a Back-Illuminated CMOS Image Sensor with Pixel-Parallel A/D Conver size is 16.08 by 12.73 mm
  10. B

Large umbrella durability.

Hi CanonFanBoy, Try a search for fishing umbrellas, they usually have two pole sections the upper section being an aluminium tube, the lower either an aluminium tube or solid aluminium with a ground screw. The only issue is that I doubt you will find a 72 inch as they are usually 45 to 60...
  11. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Since the reeds have been trimmed back at my local hide I've actually finally managed to get a shot of the water rails without a reed stem across the body. I was particular lucky with this shot as the early sun breached the clouds while he was out
  12. B

Show your Bird Portraits

A couple from the weekend when I happened across a Cuckoo still being fed by its 'parent' Reed warblers. (5DIV with 600+1.4x & cropped) [url=https://flic.kr/p/Wg7HRW] [url=https://flic.kr/p/Wg9zq3]
  13. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Fairly recent capture with my new 5D4. iso200, F5.6, 1/1600, 600F4+1.4x III
  14. B

Show us your Hooters (Owls)

A few of my favourites
  15. B

Lack of red lighted AF points 5d4; big deal?

Hi Scotty, I'm not sure I understand the issue. I only have an old 40D but when I can't see the focus point in the viewfinder I just press the 'select focus point' button and the currently selected point is illuminated. Position it over the target and press the shutter button to cancel/shoot
  16. B

ef 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II with eos 80D: Issues?

I had a close look at the drkrishi.com series, and to me it looks as though the focus is in front of the bird, the white brown wagtail image shows this fairly clearly as you can see the earth in front of the bird is in focus. I tend to suspect operator error with some of these photos.
  17. B

100-400L IS I vs 400L/5.6 for beginner wildlife/birds/sports

I had the 100-400 IS I for 7 or 8 years when I started bird/wildlife photography. When I was starting I found it fairly difficult to initially get the target BIF into the field of view at 400mm (on a 40D) and often had to pull back a bit, then zoom in again once I was tracking the bird and it...
  18. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks Mike, Alan Great shots, that's just the sort of thing I was after. I've got a 100-400, so I'll give that a try at the weekend. I didn't have it with me last week and I did miss it because a few times the kingfisher came inside the 600's minimum focus. Hopefully the bird will be back as...
  19. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Spent around an hour with this female kingfisher at the weekend, the longest time ever. Tried multiple times to actually get a shot of her emerging from the water with fish, but missed (either just out of frame or not focused). Any hints? Kingfisher @ wicken by Bob Grice, on Flickr
  20. B

Bag Quest V: The One Bag to Rule Them All (on vacation)

You might want to look at the LowePro Rover AW II. I've had one about 6 years now and its holding up really well. Top sections a bit small but you can get waterproofs, maps, sandwiches etc. which is generally all I need for a day bag...