Search results

1. D

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

My guess is this article, here and/or possibly elsewhere, will mean that a-hole youtuber O.F. will post 5-7 videos in 24 hours, claiming the same which came from HIS sources. I am glad new equipment is coming, it shows Canon is progressing, creating, innovating, but if I sold one of my kidneys...
  2. D

Best of Canon 2023: #1 RF 200-800 F6.3-9 IS USM

After a delay because of the ineptness of Fedex who destroyed the shipping label, I got my RF200-800 on Jan 10, 2024. As for Canon's ability to find a product that will fit a need and sell very well, probably more than you may think, I might agree with the pick of #1 for 2023 due the creation of...
  3. D

Best of Canon 2023: #1 RF 200-800 F6.3-9 IS USM

I wish I had a voice on this matter, but B&H shipped my lens via Fedex on 1/4/2024, to be here 1/6/2024, but it hit Independence KY and it has been stuck there since 1/6/2024 at 1:19am, with NO answers from B&H nor Fedex. But aside that, I do have the 100-400L v2 and the 400MM f/2.8 and the...
  4. D

Updated ship dates for the new Canon lenses

You are correct sir, Fedex sent me confirmation of delivery tomorrow, signature required, so it IS real :) Pre-ordering it was the way to go. I live outside Buffalo NY, may I assume I got the first one here? Cool. There is only one photo store left here, and I called them about it, and they...
  5. D

Updated ship dates for the new Canon lenses

Here is to hoping my eyes do not deceive me. I just now received an email from B&H, Jan 4, 2024, your order for Canon RF200-800mm has shipped! Yeah!
  6. D

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

I agree. I did a few IMSA races this year, I could count Nikon on 2 hands, Sony maybe 100-200, but Canon? There were more 400mm f/2.8 and 300mm f/2.8 lenses there than the other two companies bodies and lenses. I just did a fashion show 3 days ago, there was 1 Nikon, no sony and 75 Canons. For...
  7. D

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

I tried that site, clicked on the R3, my r6m2 the 1DX III, nice stuff. Then I clicked on what should be my first Canon digital, the XTI and I had to look twice to find it, almost like there was an eyelash on my screen. Come out with 20 more cameras with bells and whistles I haven't even heard of...
  8. D

Canon Introduces Three New Lenses, Enhancing Still Photography and Video Production for Any Skill Level

Let us see how long it takes for my next toy to show up. Click here to order, click, done. What can I sell off now. GAS has once again got me.
  9. D

Update on the Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM

What is the going rate for a kidney? What do I own to sell for this. IF it is WHITE, if it has USM, it may be a no brainer? Any how, I purchased he 800mm twice before I realized it's value and i want to give this one value before I even know the facts. But... so far, it is sold in my eyes, GAS...
  10. D

Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS coming on November 2, 2023

I bought the 800mm f/11 when it came out. Returned it in 3 days because I had issues with the narrow viewing angle. I could not find BIF. Two years later, I had seen enough reviews to pique my interest, so I bought it again. I forced myself to learn it's strengths and not any weakness, and have...
  11. D

Canon RF 24-300mm f/2.8-5.6L IS USM optical formula patent published

I would also have interest in this one as an all rounder, but given the price tag for those "I Want" lenses, once again another cure for G.A.S. is coming. BTW, I do a massive amount of auto racing as well, but only sports cars, I.E. IMSA, Le Mans stuff. When I did Watkins Glen 6 hours this...
  12. D

Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM next from Canon

Think I just found the cure for G.A.S.
  13. D

We were wrong, all of your Canon mirrorless dreams are likely coming true soon

I have 3 Cameras, one with DPAF, which is nearly all I could could want in a DSLR vs. Video Cam. I have 8 lenses, ALL EF mount, albeit ef or ef-s. I have zero issues with a mirror, nor have I since 1974 when I bought my first Canon camera. I do not see why this whole "rush" to mirrorless even...
  14. D

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

I feel like I am punching miles over my weight limit with what I've seen here, but this is one of my best to date. Shot May 18, 2018, Red House Lake, Allegany State Park New York. Canon 80D gripped, 100-400L IS USM II, hand held 1/2000 400 ISO F9. 100% crop. Zero processing except the crop.
  15. D

ef 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II with eos 80D: Issues?

Red Bellied Woodpecker With Canon 80D and Canon EF 100-400 IS II
  16. D

ef 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II with eos 80D: Issues?

I have the Canon 80D and the Canon EF 100-400 L IS II, and I have not experienced any issues with the IQ other than those I have created. Such as ISO, Focus Points, AF Modes and such. I got the camera Oct 11, 2016, and the lens May 19, 2017. My biggest issue on lost shots has been my knowledge...
  17. D

Can I use all my old Sunpak 522 Flashes with Canon EOS

Thank You Mt. Spokane, your response came as I entered mine. I do not wish to toss these, but if needed, sobeit. I do have a volt/amp meter, I use it to read my car battery haha. It is dead, the car will not start. Not exactly science when you realize I have 4 Canon DSLR's I may ruin right? Oh...
  18. D

Unfortunately, none of this, and all of this I already knew, and because I have no way to determine the exact, perfect voltages, nor even know how to read what my Sunpak flashes emit, prudence has said to me, do not even try. I found, amongst other items, the Wein Soft Sync and other products...
  19. D

Back in the 70s and 80s, my father and I used to listen to the police scanner, chase everything nearby, shoot it and sell it to the newspapers. I had Canon AE-1's, AE-1 Programs, A-1's and he was a medium to large format guy. Over time I had acquired 3 Sunpak 522's with all the TTL adapters...