Search results

1. L

Chicago Visit

Those are great shots and you had to be more determined. It's was mid 70's when we were there. I highly doubt that's the type of weather you had. What fisheye did you use for these? I've been looking at the different options lately, but haven't had one really stand out so far.
  2. L

Chicago Visit

3. L

Chicago Visit

These didn't attach for some reason...
  4. L

Chicago Visit

My wife and I went to Chicago this past July for our last trip alone before the little guy got here. What a beautiful city! The weather was amazing and the people were so friendly. I was pretty happy with the shots I got with the trusty old 40D.
  5. L

The New Guy

Thanks for all the kind words. I kind of understand the basic idea of composition etc for a Landscape photo. But i'm completely new to the idea of portraits. I'm actually reading a book(slowly) on portraiture called "The Portrait Photography Course". So far it has been very interesting, but I'm...
  6. L

Jekyll Island Sunrise

I took these early one morning last year... back when I had a 5d III... :'( :'( :'( Slumming it these days with a 6d!
  7. L

Famous icons in your city

Tried to put a new spin on a local icon...
  8. L

The New Guy

I have always taken landscape photos with no lighting or flash etc. This was an experimentation with our newest addition to family that came over Christmas! I definitely see things that could be improved, but I would love to hear feedback/critiques on technique, composure, etc.
  9. L

5D MK I Still Relevant?

I shoot mostly landscapes including sunsets and sunrises. I do some 800-1600 ISO work but not a ton. My biggest thing is that you can buy a 6d from canon refurbished for about $1,400. The only reason that is a consideration is due to having a newer sensor more so than features. I could care less...
  10. L

5D MK I Still Relevant?

Hey guys, I've been following the site for some time and finally decided to jump in. I recently bought a 5D MK iii but decided it had way too many features I was not using. I NEVER shoot video or HDR in camera so I sold it. But now I find myself missing the FF and I'm not getting the most out...