Search results

1. M

Counting down my five favorite Canon digital cameras ever. Coming in at #5…..

I had a AE-1 since 1980. By 2000, it had developed a light leak and I wanted to go digital. I opted for a cheap Panasonic point-and-shoot, but I was not happy with it. After two years, I got the Digital Rebel. We gave it to my daughter and she still uses it!! I was very happy with my AE-1 and it...
  2. M

Your favourite motorsports events

CARB Day Practice and Indy Lights Freedom 100
  3. M

Monday Indy 500 Practice
  4. M

Qualifying Day 2 for the Indy 500
  5. M

USAC Sprint Cars at Terre Haute Action Track for the Hulman Classic 2019
  6. M

First time to Europe

I go to Europe every fall with college students for ten days. We have been doing that for twenty-seven years. My wife and I have been over on vacation a few times. My first comment is on personal safety. Never put anything in your pockets that you wouldn't mind "donating" to a local pickpocket...
  7. M

Yellowstone and Grand Teton Photo Advice

I highly recommend the Grand Prismatic Spring Overlook. It is a bit of a hike to get up there, but the view and photograph are worth the hike. If you follow the trail out a little longer, you get to Fairy Falls and then to Imperial Geyser. Imperial Geyser was great. We were the only ones there...
  8. M

Bag option for EOS M5 kit

I use the Case Logic Medium SLR Camera Bag. It is a little big, but I can get the M5 with attached lens in the center. I keep the lens hoods in the center bottom. I also have a Platypod wedged in the center. I have the 22, 11-22, 18-150, and the 55-200 lenses and can easily carry three of them...
  9. M

Trip to India - any advice?

Hello, We loved New Delhi and Agra. We hired a private guide and car for our entire trip. We loved Ranthambore National Park. It was great to see the tigers in the wild, but every tour company's jeeps seemed to converge on the few tigers that were in the open. That was really the only...
  10. M

M6 carrying options / suggestions

I like the CaseLogic Medium SLR Bag. I can keep three lenses (22mm & 11-22 on one side and 55-200 on the other) in the two side pockets. The side pockets are nice for quick lens changes. I have room for some extra accessories in the front and rear pockets. I really like the hammock system that...
  11. M

Goodbye to My Canon M5

I got a used M5 a month ago to take on a 11 day trip to Austria & Germany. In the past, I have used the M and M3, but was unhappy with the auto focus. I was about to give up on the M-Series, but decided on giving the M5 a try. It came with the 18-150 mm lens. I really enjoyed using the M5. I...
  12. M

Alaska Cruise - Activities and advice required

The whale watching & Mendenhall Glacier photograph tour was great. The photography advice was basic, but the glacier and whale watching was great. We had a whale surface and dive under the boat! Sadly, I had the 100-400 with a 1.4 extender on just as it surfaced!! I loved the snorkeling in...
  13. M

EOS-Mx or Powershot for Vacations

The M 11-22 is my favorite within a town/city. I use the EF-S 10-22 for this on the 7D2.
  14. M

EOS-Mx or Powershot for Vacations

I am going on a vacation to England, Scotland, and Wales this summer. I also take college students to Europe every October and only want to carry a small camera when we tour on our free time. I had bought a used EOS M several years ago because I wanted a lighter camera, but I wanted good images...
  15. M

spare battery limit carry on bag

I have never looked at the limits. I fly a couple of times a year and I always have several spare batteries for the camera and flash that I put in my carry-on. My wife and I just came back from the Galapagos and I had a carry-on bag just for cameras and accessories. We had three cameras (7D2...
  16. M

Windows 10

I have been using Windows 10 on my Surface Pro for a couple of months. I love it. The user interface is better than 8.1. The only issue I have had is Widows Defender turned off. I am currently working on that issue. Other than that, it seems very stable.
  17. M

Which Lens to Take

I just came back from the Himalayas last month. The 24-105L was the lens I used the most. Occasionally, I would use the 70-300. I had three lenses along, but we were not hiking. I usually do not go anywhere without a Joby Gorrillapod.
  18. M

Please advise which 1.4x teleconverter to buy: Kenko, Tamron, or Sigma

We went to India and Sri Lanka last month. Two of our activities were to see tigers and elephants (not at the same place!). I have a Canon T2i and the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM. I was afraid that it still would not be enough to get good pictures of either animal. Until we got there...