Search results

1. M

Canon Pro-100 printer cleaning.

Hmmm --- 102 views, but no answer ... for those that still print with a Pixma Pro 100, Windows 10 will not run the auto clean programs ... there are no updates for that printer for W-10 OS. So, you need to run it on a Windows 7 OS, or do it manually ... this info comes from the Canon site...
  2. M

Canon Pro-100 printer cleaning.

Got a Pro-100 printer with rollers that need cleaning -- it says "Open properties" and find "Maintenance" for cleaning roller, but I have no "Maintenance" label on menu... I'm wondering if this requires a different update to drivers -- I began with Win 7 Pro, and am now running Win 10 Pro, but...
  3. M

Looks like B&H, Adorama, etc will start collecting sales tax

Seems to me this was less an issue prior to Internet sales and the development of effective and efficient door to door shipping. Most often in the past, we would usually head down to the local store, buy our equipment, become friends and customers ... pay tax, and forget it. Suddenly, UPS and...
  4. M

New Canon 70-200mm Lenses Coming in Early June [CR3]

I've not shot with the 70-200 2.8, but own the f4 ... and can't even imagine improving it much ... one of the best lenses I've ever owned. So, an improvement on the 2.8 would be hard to figure out. Lots of little fixes add up to a great lens tho, so maybe that, as happens occasionally.
  5. M

400 5.6 + 70-300 vs. 100-400II?

I used the 100/400 v1 for film/slides first, and also on a 30D and a 7D, excellent lens ... then went to the 100/400 v2 when it released ... which I use on a 5DM3, along with a 70/200 f4 IS ... I also shot with the 7D2, but did not like it at all with the 100/400 v2, so sold it, and bought...
  6. M

400 5.6 + 70-300 vs. 100-400II?

I agree totally here. I too have been shooting sports, and also wildlife, for a lot of years ... 100/400 II is extremely sharp and versatile. Hard to beat it for weight and comfort in the fields ... it's so good, it almost knows what you want before you know you want it --- :) :) :) In...
  7. M

Canon 5DM3 refurbished

It feels and acts like a new camera, if that makes sense ... and a few test shots look great. I'm running it thru some field test today and tomorrow. I've bought refurbished in the past, as well as new, and can't tell the difference just looking at it. I agree, Canon refurbished is excellent...
  8. M

Canon 5DM3 refurbished

When I first turned on the camera, it stated "O" shutter actuation on the screen. In the past, when I've bought refurbished cameras, when turned on they had XX number shutter actuation - so it seems to me, when it comes from Canon, it shows the number of times the shutter has been triggered...
  9. M

Canon 5DM3 refurbished

We lived in LA also, San Fernando Valley, and SF, and Calaveras County -- have family in Oregon, then moved to Cape Cod, and now live in Florida. We travel in our RV extensively, and make at least two trips to the west per year. We love the North West states, but can't get my wife to give up...
  10. M

Canon 5DM3 refurbished

Thanks - nice to know that stuff - even if it has no effect on the equipment. Looks brand new tho, not even a teeeeeeeny scratch anywhere on it - typical for Refurbs - I never hesitate to go the Canon for back ups .. good bargains for good equipment. BTW: Are you from Washington?? - beautiful...
  11. M

Canon 5DM3 refurbished

Yes, I know it's not new always - sometimes, it's a warranty return, or a display, or whatever ... I've bought refurbished stuff from Canon before - usually for backup - and always have good luck. Everything has always "looked new" even if it wasn't necessarily a new item - not easy to tell...
  12. M

Canon 5DM3 refurbished

Currently own a 5DM3 and a 7D2 which I bought new couple years ago ... Juts bought a 5DM3 refurbished as a back up ... we're heading out on an extended photo shoot and don't want to take a chance on a camera failing on the road. When I opened refurbished camera - it's looks brand new, not a...
  13. M

Value of 20-35 lens

Yes, I own both - I was asking more to see the value, as it's an old "Classic" lens, and out of production - so was just trying to get a handle on price -- in case it was higher value ... I'm just selling a few lenses ... overlaps, sorta. I'll keep the 16-35, and buy a 24-70 IS to fit between...
  14. M

Value of 20-35 lens

Yeah - that's in the ballpark - offer is $140 ... and saves the hassle of online fees and just general headache. Thanks for info M44
  15. M

Value of 20-35 lens

I'm selling a couple lenses - and got an offer for a Canon 20-35 1: 3.5-4.5 ... Will tell you later the offer so as not to influence this Q? This lens should be a 'classic' but I never know if that applies to lenses just because it's old, and not made anymore. Anyway, does anyone have a...
  16. M

What do you use for downloading/renaming images

Personally, I don't 'rename' images. I transfer each new image into a folder by year and location, and then an interior folder by species, or player (sports) etc. I store the original RAW and jpeg untouched, formerly on CD, but now on a SSD (and duplicate SSD). THEN, I copy a file into a...
  17. M

Website

Yes, that got us looking in the right place - and now it's fixed the way we wanted it to cycle -- thanks for the help ... :) Bill
  18. M

Website

IF you sign up for my NL, you'll get updates and travel stories all over USA -- and a free short-fiction e-book - "Predators", short fiction with a surprise twist ending on each.
  19. M

Website

Not sure exactly where to post this, if not here, please advise where I can get an answer - thanks Bill On my website - WordPress / PC - I have some photo links in the main menu under "photography". Then when that opens, there is a series of Icons that designate a species. And when a visitor...
  20. M

Neuro has totally been holding out on us

Guess I misunderstood the post ... I sorta read it as you can't blog or post about photos or photography anywhere else, or maybe not link to any website. Which seems kinda odd, as several on here are writers (myself included, as some of you know) and am just building a new website that will...