Search results

1. M

Canon Pro-100 printer cleaning.

Got a Pro-100 printer with rollers that need cleaning -- it says "Open properties" and find "Maintenance" for cleaning roller, but I have no "Maintenance" label on menu... I'm wondering if this requires a different update to drivers -- I began with Win 7 Pro, and am now running Win 10 Pro, but...
  2. M

Canon 5DM3 refurbished

Currently own a 5DM3 and a 7D2 which I bought new couple years ago ... Juts bought a 5DM3 refurbished as a back up ... we're heading out on an extended photo shoot and don't want to take a chance on a camera failing on the road. When I opened refurbished camera - it's looks brand new, not a...
  3. M

Value of 20-35 lens

I'm selling a couple lenses - and got an offer for a Canon 20-35 1: 3.5-4.5 ... Will tell you later the offer so as not to influence this Q? This lens should be a 'classic' but I never know if that applies to lenses just because it's old, and not made anymore. Anyway, does anyone have a...
  4. M

Website

Not sure exactly where to post this, if not here, please advise where I can get an answer - thanks Bill On my website - WordPress / PC - I have some photo links in the main menu under "photography". Then when that opens, there is a series of Icons that designate a species. And when a visitor...
  5. M

Watermark

I'm making up several watermarks with different levels of opacity, depends on background. Is there a way to batch insert a WM into a group of images using PSE 13 ?? I have a lot, and can size each group the same, and do portrait and landscape separate - so size will not affect it. At least I...
  6. M

Batch process a watermark?

Trying to install watermark in a large series of photos .... any way to batch process??? I use DPP and PSE 13 ... I'd assume I'd have to make all the same size, and either portrait or landscape together. Easy enough, but can't figure it out, or even if it's possible. Am I missing something?
  7. M

Canon Pro 100 print size??

I recently converted to Win10 Pro ... and prior to it, had Win7 Pro ... during the print setup, there was a setting for 8.5x11 prints. With Win10, that option is not available??? it goes from 5x7 to 8x10 to 10x12, to 14x17 to 13x19 ... I bought several albums for storing prints at 8.5x11...
  8. M

Color off on monitor?

I've been using an ASUS laptop (one year old), and the screen is calibrated. I added a BENQ SW2700 and an ASUS PA248Q -- Both monitors are also calibrated ... on all three screens, all three images look the same in DPP when connected to laptop. Shot these test images w/5DM3. I just bought a...
  9. M

Build new Windows Desktop Q?

Just bought a BenQ2700PT monitor - I now use it with my laptop, but plan on building a new desktop soon. Can anyone recommend a graphics card that will allow me to use the monitor to its best advantage. And, any other tips (memory etc) that will make the set-up best for photography - I will...
  10. M

Compare two Monitors

I'm getting ready to upgrade my monitor and find lots of confusion between brands, but also the "numbers and letters" ... basically, I get it, but am not high tech, so sometimes tech specs confuse with regard to actual processing application. I shoot almost exclusively stills (primarily...
  11. M

How does Canon 24-105 v1 compare to Sigma 24-105 f4 Art lens?

Now that we see the minimal improvement in the Canon 24-105 v2 -- how do you Sigma guys feel about the Sigma 24-105 Art as compared to the Canon 24-105 v1?? I've never shot with Sigma lenses, so am curious how well they compare ... is it an upgrade, or a similar performing lens? Thanks
  12. M

Up-sizng old low-res images

Got a friend who wants to create an album for her family, grand-kids and all that. She has some low-res images from older cell phones. She want to blow these up and print for a photo-album. Is there a way to make these higher resolution so she can print without losing detail. She also has...
  13. M

Post photos on CR?

I'm just curious about all the photos posted on CR. We have regular discussions about protecting our images from theft online - so, I'm curious about the photos that get posted here, some amazing shots. And I wonder why you guys that post these don't worry about someone copying and using it...
  14. M

Not specifocally Canon, but very well said about photos in general.

Don't know exactly where to share this: http://petapixel.com/2012/01/10/this-photograph-is-not-free/ I've often made similar comments to folks that ask "Can we use this photo free?" ... OR, in the same vein, "Will you write us an article for free. We're a non-profit and don't have much PR...
  15. M

Where to send and Scan Slides ?

As most of us have gone primarily digital, and have from the past lots of slides - would like to know the best place to send a lot of slides and have them scanned. I do not have a good, scanner, and don't want to buy one just for these - nor the time to scan. Anyone know a good place to...
  16. M

Black and white printing

Shot a series of B & W (monochrome setting in 5DM3 and 7DII -- then, when I began printing, I checked B & W print box ... I bought an extra black cartridge -- Now, after about twenty prints, the black ink is stable, and the Canon 100 Pro is using my color inks to print instead of black ink...
  17. M

Canon pro 100

Seems to me each time I turn this printer on, it cycles thru about a minute or longer "getting ready" ... then, when I hit the print button, it seems to do it all over again before the print will begin. Then, when I start another print, it seems the print cage runs thru an entire process...
  18. M

Website development

Not sure where to ask this - please point me to a better topic if you will ... :) I'm pretty tech weak when it comes to website building - and am building a site now, but keep running into what might be tiny tech issues that I can't get past. Frustrating ... Can anyone point me to a 'web...
  19. M

new pc, need advice

I'm set to buy a new laptop - it has a gaming graphics card, and my tech self is not very tech smart - can any one tell me if that makes a difference with photo processing? I was looking at it based on the high-end video graphics capability, but am not sure if that means a 'not so good' thing...
  20. M

Small Studio Shots ??

No clue where to put this ... Went to the VA today to have a doctor look at my eye. HE couldn't figure it out, so sent me upstairs to the VA Pro camera guy so he could shoot an image of it to email to another doctor. I walk in and there sits a chair, some stand-lights, umbrellas, and a...