Search results

1. lexptr

Canon Introduces Their First Dual Fisheye Lens for Stereoscopic 3D 180° VR Capture in 8K

An old Idea but so well made! Lite, small, weather sealed! Definitely goes to my wishlist. But one thing make the good news not so good. Subscription for the software? Seriously? What next? Will we pay for software in the camera and it will become a brick if not paid? Imo it is a wrong way. Some...
  2. lexptr

ICYMI: Here’s a patent for the upcoming Canon RF 5.2mm f/2.8L VR Lens

I don't know what do you mean by saying 3D lens, but I'm sure the idea here is the same thing as my old 3D Fuji (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujifilm_FinePix_Real_3D). The only difference is that the Fuji uses two lenses and two sensors, while here it is a split lens and a split sensor. But...
  3. lexptr

ICYMI: Here’s a patent for the upcoming Canon RF 5.2mm f/2.8L VR Lens

It would be interesting, if will be made well. But what about a 3D screen to view the results? Kind of film era, when you can't see the result right in the field :) And, remembering how performs the 3D screen on my old 3D Fuji... better not! :LOL:
  4. lexptr

Canon to release an RF 5.2mm f/2.8L next?

Probably. But there is a downside: you will need several other security cameras pointed at this one and armed security guards to protect this valuable lens against theft :LOL:
  5. lexptr

Patent: Canon RF 180mm f/3.5L Macro and Canon RF 200mm f/4L Macro

Nice! The long awaited long macro update! If it will have the same IQ as the RF100mm, hopefully with x1.4 mag too, hopefully without the SA control - that would be fantastic! Release and take my money, Canon! :)
  6. lexptr

Here is everything that you need to know about tomorrow’s big day from Canon

Oh sure... Probably for the first N pre-orders. I still have a trauma after almost six months of waiting for R5 to appear in stock!
  7. lexptr

Review: Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

It is Ok. They should be worse due to diffraction, which kicks in from f/10.6 on R6. What is strange, is that the back subject appears sharper than the front in all shots. I don't think it is focus shift, because it appears on the f2.8 shot as well. Either manual focusing wasn't perfect or there...
  8. lexptr

Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution to be 45mp?

Please, Canon, no! Leave some advantages for R5! I want to be less tempted :LOL:
  9. lexptr

Here’s confirmation of the RF 100-400, RF 24 Macro and RF 18-45. Sadly, they’re quite delayed

It is actually a very interesting option. You can show small subject(s) enlarged in the frame, while still having a wide view of its surroundings. There are no other ways to do such thing but using a wide macro lens. I would definitely like to have one. Although, I would prefer L grade lens.
  10. lexptr

Patent: Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM as well as an RF 24mm f/1.2L USM and RF 28mm f/1.2L USM

"Is Canon planning to make f/1.2 the new standard for all of their L prime lenses up to the focal length of the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM?" I hope not. I mean, no problem if they produce such line. That would be great. I just hope they will introduce f1.4L versions too and that will be a standard too...
  11. lexptr

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

Years! Years, I've been hoping to see articulated screens on high level DSLRs! Now, finally, it seems to become a standard. Enjoying it on my R5. Finally I can get rid of the clumsy Angle Finder C and forget about it. The ergonomics and design of this R3 looks great! Sadly, I use two cameras and...
  12. lexptr

Patent: Canon RF 85mm f/1.4L USM (IS?)

Hopefully it will be just like the EF 85 f1.4L IS. I think many will prefer it over f1.2 version for being cheaper, lighter, smaller and stabilized, while still very fast and L-quality.
  13. lexptr

Canon will introduce new tilt-shift lenses with a high-megapixel camera [CR2]

As much as I don't like the shift function, the tilt is interesting. Happy to see they prepare AF version. Interesting to see how it will function. Maybe weather sealing will come as well? Any ways, not sure I will ever justify such special lens in my arsenal.
  14. lexptr

Canon officially announces the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

So it does have a tripod collar after all! That makes me happier. On the other side, SA control seems to finally go to the downsides list for me. After seeing demos, I'm sure I won't use it. So for me it is an added price/weight/place to break. Also I suspect it will be easy to turn...
  15. lexptr

Canon is developing more super-telephoto lenses [CR2]

200-500 f4 can be a terrific lens, if IQ will be the same as current 200-400 offer. Hopefully with converter too. That can be a big white I will finally buy one day. The weight gonna be high, though. I'm a tough guy, but still. The 200-400 loses only to 800mm in a weight game. Any ways, the...
  16. lexptr

New Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro features revealed

Great! The x1.4 alone would be awesome improvement. I missed the lost "magnification" of 1:1 on APS-C, after moving to full frame. I hope the IQ and IS will be improved too. The SA control is an odd story. I didn't get the idea yet and thus looks more like excessive feature, adding price, weight...
  17. lexptr

Here is the Canon EOS R3

OMG, I just recovered from buying an incredible R5 with a couple of lenses, now this... I'm done. Canon, you are killing me!
  18. lexptr

Here is the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

An intriguing new ring... :) but I also see one drawback right away. They removed the optional collar the EF version had. It is pity. I do like better stability it adds to a setup on a tripod.
  19. lexptr

Canon will soon announce the RF 600mm f/4L IS USM, RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

Wow, 100L macro - one of my most favorite lenses is coming to RF! Interesting, how it will excel the EF (besides native mount)? All (or almost all) RF lenses bring one or more improvement over the EF version. So I feel like a kid, waiting to see how Santa will surprise me :)
  20. lexptr

Canon has exceeded its sales projections for fiscal 2020

That is what happen, when they finally release great and long awaited cameras! The availability is still horrible, I waited several months to get the R5. Eventually got it just about a week before the New Year and than in few days managed to catch couple of RF lenses in deferent stores. So my...