Search results

1. A

Issues with yongnuo yn-622c flash triggers?

I would not involve 560 in a set wich already has 568 and 622. you should have gotten another 568 or pixel mago or shanny speedlight with a 622 for each one to shoot along with your 568 pair. reason? HSS. Its killer. 560 wont do it.
  2. A

6D + 580EXII serious TTL metering problem?

Exposure Configuration used on the described situations is: Manual mode Usually wide open (95% of the time) bouncing light on ceiling and/or wall happens with any ISO, whether LV or VF I have a theory that 6D may have some sync problem with the ETTL preflash. It keeps firing the wrong output...
  3. A

Canon USA Addresses the Gray Market

I think EVERYBODY SHOULD BUY GREY MARKET. Here in Brazil, 99% of photographers use camera bodies and lenses from grey market. From Paraguay or from some U.S. authorized dealer. I know US authorized dealers arent grey market, but it something goes wrong, there's absolutely no way to get the...
  4. A

6D

Re: 6D pattern on image? the red circle you drawn is just light strokes. the lifted up image shows some banding wich is absolutely normal using high ISO. It may even appear with no post on 25600 iso on 6D sometimes.
  5. A

New model Phottix Odin announced

That's the point. There is no mention about ODS on the releases. If its a so important feature, why conceal it in the feature list or how could they forget it? I know they can fix it via firmware update, but that would be sloppy. New Odins should come ODS ready straight out of the factory since...
  6. A

Manual mode shows that it still have lot of power left by ETTL so there's no capacity issue I tested the flash with a T2i recently and its Ok. setting +3ev on camera and on flash is making the same results. ETTL communication is Ok because I can change flash settings via camera (custom...
  7. A

I've through a lot of trouble using my new 6D with my 580EXII on TTL mode. I used to use the speedlight with my T2i using center weight metering and it worked flawlessly all the time Now with the 6D, it heavily underexposes at random intensities. I have to set it to +3ev compensation to get...
  8. A

New model Phottix Odin announced

no ODS? if it has no timing adjustment straight out of the factory, thats just sloppy. all leading TTL triggers now have it and so Odins first version does too.
  9. A

stopping motion with a light trigger

Stop motion is a terminology with stands for making stopped objects appear to be moving (like those animated movies we see) You are referring to high speed photography. There are some automated ways to shoot moving objects, like Nero Trigger, a laser sensor based trigger. All you have to do...
  10. A

Yongnuo vs. Pixel?

Zen, Pixel Mago has no built in wifi capabilities. Since its Pixel's first speedlight, built in wifi probably is coming in future models. Apparently you'll need Pixel Kings to trigger and control Magos appropriately. Unfortunately Kings have no timing adjustment but versions X and Pro may have...
  11. A

Shooting an event soon -- could use some advice

ahsanford, be aware of using CPL with people dude... it also removes reflections on people's eyes and you end up with dead fish looking eyes. would be very usefull recreating some sort of zombie costume shot
  12. A

My kind of HDR

Marsu42, I definitely don't like tone mapping either. my process is based on merging the shots onto a 32bits file than I make mainly rectilinear adjustments on ACR and use curve just to give it a little kick if rectilinear sliders aren't enough or look bad for my taste. You are right about how...
  13. A

Yongnuo vs. Pixel?

I think I'll buy it anyway then... I can still use the 622 on mix mode so flash adjustments take priority over transmiter/camera unit. since I'll use the flash on 1/1 or 1/2 I don't need remote adjustments that much.
  14. A

My kind of HDR

I like to make HDR halfway between natural and surreal Hand Held Canon 6D + 24-105L @ISO 1000
  15. A

Sony does a "Canon" (manufacturer ethics)

they said about cooling indeed, but we are talking about 4 thousand dollar worth of heat sinks and better performance wires and components. Since the weight difference of both cameras is about 150g, lets assume 1D-X already have 150g of heat sink, even if 1D-C had 300g of pure silver heat sink...
  16. A

Sony does a "Canon" (manufacturer ethics)

same thing with 1D-X and 1D-C I guess the F3 FM upgrade had the same law issues that Canon's CEO or president (don't remember each one) once talked about. when asked about a paid firmware to make 1D-X reach 1D-C or at least extend its capabilities closer to 1D-C. He told that its not going to...
  17. A

Yongnuo vs. Pixel?

as Pixel's answer were too deflecting, I summarized my message in only one phrase: "but will be any firmware to make mago compatible with 622?" Pixel's turn: "Dear Arthur, Thanks for your mail. If possible, we definitely would like to do that. But actually only Yongnuo could develop a new...
  18. A

Canon 6D - RAW and stabilizer test

Walkramis, I guess there are some artifacts due to mask sharpening on moving subjects and fine detail textures (e.g. moving tire at 0:45 and sand texture underneath it) try to enhance sharpness with less mask sharpening and maybe more contrast or clarity to compensate that
  19. A

Yongnuo vs. Pixel?

received a Classy NO from Yongnuo today. "Hi dear user, Thanks for contacting us! At present, all the YONGNUO products are mainly designed and developed for Canon and Nikon. For we don't have a Pixel Mago flash to be tested with our products, we are not sure if it's compatible with our...
  20. A

Yongnuo vs. Pixel?

I want to give a little kick in the overrall power of my set. I'm close to balance the sunset sky with my current lightning and I think Magos are worth the risk. I know 90 dollars seems frighteningly low and it could probably explode at any time, but I always bought cheap stuff and never got...