Search results

1. G

Why did you switch to RF?

I went for RF (R7 in this case) when my old Canon DSLR had to be replaced - switching to a different system wasn't really an option since I have the benefit of family members with EF/RF cameras and lenses I sometimes borrow ... also I am used to the system for over 15 years (digitally ... got...
  2. G

Canon Introduces Three New Lenses, Enhancing Still Photography and Video Production for Any Skill Level

The 14-35L would be nice but it is quite a bit heavier than the 15-30 and neither the 1mm on the wide side nor the 5mm on the long end would be enough to make me spend the necessary cash (even used usually over 1k€).
  3. G

Canon Introduces Three New Lenses, Enhancing Still Photography and Video Production for Any Skill Level

Sadly the RF-S 10-18 is slightly too late for me (needed a wide lens for my R7 last month) so I got the RF 15-30 and I am going to keep it - maybe when there is a nice sale I can add it for the 2 times a year I want something <15mm.
  4. G

Canon officially announces the EOS R100 and RF 28mm f/2.8 STM

I was hoping for a wider pancake (22mm or 24mm) - the 28mm is a bit too close to the RF35 for my taste. But since there is a bit of empty space between the 16mm and the 28mm I can still hope. --------- Yes I know there is already a 24mm but it isn't really compact.
  5. G

After almost 30 years, Canon is ending the “Kiss” branding in Japan

As someone with several film OMs who is regularly on the hunt for more OM stuff it is pure hell as it makes all search results unusable (same as with the Pen F). Reusing names without any indicator to differentiate is just bad.
  6. G

Canon RF-S 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM coming first half of 2023

Because the optical formulas of EF-M lenses are for the short flange focal distance and can be converted to RF without much work - the zoom for EF-S needs about 20mm more distance to the sensor which makes for a bigger lens. €dit: I missed neuros response ... don't mind me, he said everything.
  7. G

Canon RF-S 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM coming first half of 2023

There won't be an adapter from EF-M to RF since the flange focal distance 2mm shorter for the M. RF is designed to be an upgrade path for EF/EF-S but not for M customers ... that is probably the reason Canon tries to flesh out the RF-S line before they declare the M system dead officially...
  8. G

The next full-frame RF mount camera will be a replacement for the Canon EOS R

So more like a FF-Rebel and RP successor ... but priced at R7 level with this feature set I doubt many will go for it, especially when used R6 go for less than 2k.
  9. G

The next full-frame RF mount camera will be a replacement for the Canon EOS R

I am curious how canon will place a FF camera below the R6 - same sensor but slower/less features probably won't sell that much and any sensor with more MP could canibalize the R6 sales since that is the main complaint for many. My guess would be a higher resolution sensor (30ish MP) but no IBIS...
  10. G

Meyer Optik Görlitz adds native Canon RF mount for all of its lenses

Using MF lenses surely is not for everyone and if you are looking for the best possible image you probably won't use MF lenses outside of special applications (extreme macro or tilt shift). My point was, that these lenses or manual ones in general are more for people enjoying the process and not...
  11. G

Meyer Optik Görlitz adds native Canon RF mount for all of its lenses

Exotic? The names are the many decades old names of Meyer lenses made for classic film cameras and since the old lenses (especially the Trioplan 100) had some hype a couple years ago (going for >500€ even in shitty condition) the revived the name(s) with a kickstarter campaign and rebranded...
  12. G

Here are some rumoured RF-S lenses that may be coming in the near future.

A 22mm RF-S pancake on the R7 (because IBIS) would be a great small setup ... in general I want more pancakes (love my shorty forty).
  13. G

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R7, Canon EOS R10 and two new RF-S lenses

€-prices in germany are the same as the $-prices - at the moment you can only get body with adapter or kit. Would have loved to get the R7 without the adapter for less.
  14. G

Here is what Canon is announcing next, including the EOS R7, EOS R10 and RF-S lenses [CR3]

The price of the R10 is going to be interesting - if it is cheap enough it could be the replacement of the Rebel-/Kiss-/xy0D-Line.
  15. G

Kamlan introduces it’s first full frame lens – available for the RF mount

To be fair, the prices for old/vintage/... manual lenses have gone way up in the last 5-10 years - especially for the better ones - so you sometimes will get similar value for money with modern manual lenses.
  16. G

Is a Canon RF 60mm f/1.0L USM on the way? [CR1]

60mm sounds fun - f1.0 sounds expensive, heavy and huge ... I like it :sneaky:
  17. G

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM officially discontinued

Love the shorty forty for the size and IQ but I am not surprised it is discontinued as one of the first lenses, since it was a bit special and not for everyone ... hopefully Canon will make native RF pancakes, maybe even a new 40mm.
  18. G

There may be a higher-end APS-C mirrorless announced in late 2020, early 2021 [CR2]

I just imagined an EOS R with 6x7 sensor :eek:
  19. G

Industry News: Olympus to sell imaging business by the end of the year

A sad day ... I always loved the design of Oly cameras, just couldn't get myself to go down from APSC to an even smaller sensor size. If they would have made an APSC or FF sensor one I would probably jumped ship. Still love my OM2n and Pen-FT cameras and shoot them quite regularly with the...
  20. G

Introducing The [CR0], our first branded clothing product

I would prefer [CR3] to caption myself but the more restrained design would be really nice.