Search results

1. LovePhotography

Everything that's every been photographed now has to be re-shot with a drone. Apparently.

How soon before drone footage of the Mona Lisa? Cameras getting it from all sides.... smart phones, and now super high quality drones.
  2. LovePhotography

Airline Checked Bags with Lens Image Stabilization "On" or "Off"?

Taking a few lenses to Hawaii in January. Any suggestions if going in checked baggage? (Image stabilization, etc.) Thanks... :))
  3. LovePhotography

Canon RF 24-240- I expected it to be pretty bad, but....

IT WASN'T. Not even close... I bought every other lens first, available thinking that, "My R5 walk around lens is my iPhone Pro Max". So, I bought a 24-240 last, just so I could use the same editing software, and half out of curiosity. And I was pleasantly surprised. And I mean "almost shocked"...
  4. LovePhotography

Does a 5Ds do anything better than an R5?

I own a 5Ds (and other Canon DSLR bodies) and a bunch of EF glass. I realize there is a reason to keep the EF glass going forward, especially with lenses not yet out in RF format. But, is there any reason to keep the 5Ds body or, (absent cost saving), just about any Canon DSLR body at this point?
  5. LovePhotography

The new "Holy Trinity"?

Times change, and technology advances. Lens quality that was not possible even a decade ago is now here. Before 3 years ago, a hand held high quality 500mm zoom was nothing more than a fantasy. With that, shouldn't the "Holy Trinity" also be updated to be (something like): 14-24, 24-105...
  6. LovePhotography

I need a Black Friday plan for software. Lightroom / Topaz / DXO / Luminar Neo, Portrait Pro, etc.

Well, I used to spend a lot of time on CR circa 2014-2016, but my house burned down, I moved to he Caribbean, helped start a crypto, and just got busy as heck. So, I've fallen way behind. Just updated all my gear, (even then there was nothing wrong with my EOS 5Ds and lots of L lenses). Bought...
  7. LovePhotography

Arsenal 2

Anyone else buy an Arsenal 2? I bought one, and am having trouble getting it to do anything even close to as nice as in the promo stuff... Anyone else try one?
  8. LovePhotography

Canon EF 16-35mm f/4 low light focus

Anyone else surprised that their 16-35 f/4 (on an EOS 6D) doesn't perform better at low light auto focus (that my iPhone 7 handled without difficulty)? More importantly, would a new 16-35mm f/2.8 done better on auto-focus? (Subject was a party of about 20 around a fire pit with several tiki oil...
  9. LovePhotography

Last second (selfie) focusing on self timer- how to do with electronic focus??

I should know this but I don't. How do you get Canon body (in this case 5DSr) to focus at the last second if you want to run around to the front of the camera for a passport portrait (or other selfie) with the shutter release on 10 second delay? (2 off camera speedlite flashes used). What I'm...
  10. LovePhotography

Where is it best to use 50 MP vs 20 MP? Wide angle or standard focal length.

Okay, so I HATE changing lenses when I am out walking around shooting. I'm allergic to dropping lenses, getting dust in the camera and/or lens, inconvenience of juggling expensive stuff, wasting time, etc. SO, I was waiting to see what the 5D4 would be like, and I've decided to buy a very...
  11. LovePhotography

Is Malibu Camera legit?

Anyone have any thoughts on Malibu Camera? Are they okay or scammy? Thanks. Link removed by Admin
  12. LovePhotography

Canon Pro-1 Printer (Brand New) Paper Feed Problems

Hi, I just opened my new Canon Pro-1 printer that I bought on the rebate over Christmas 2015 time frame. It came seemingly undamaged. It prints fine, BUT the last bit of paper, about 1 inch from the trailing edge of the paper has two rub marks on it, on the far left and far right. Like its not...
  13. LovePhotography

Got GAS. Streamlining equipment, buying deals, future prices and equipment...

Got a 6D that I adore, a 7D2 and 3 (yes, three) EOS-M mk1's. Had a T5i that I gave to my 18 year old daughter. Also have a college son who I've given one of the EOS-M's that he likes well enough. Okay, so I have GAS and want get something. Should I get 5Ds-R for $2999 or 6D back-up for $1099...
  14. LovePhotography

Anybody using an LG 65EF9500 UHD OLED TV for viewing photos?

I don't watch TV. But, I'm wondering if anyone has viewed their photos on this most wonderful of all screens? Thoughts?
  15. LovePhotography

6DMk2 or 5Ds-R for landscape and portraits?

I've got a 6D, which I adore, and a 7D2 for sports. Wondering which I should do to upgrade from the 6D in the fall- Watch for price drop on 5Ds-R? Get 5DMk4 (and sell the 7D2), Get the 6DMk2? You think 6D2 will have a better sensor than the 5D4 or the 5Ds-R? Anybody else wondering this?
  16. LovePhotography

EF 70-200 f2.8 ii (with extender as needed) vs EF 100-400 ii?

Okay, so, for vacation photography.... I've got a 6D (which I love), (and a 7D mk2) and am thinking of three lenses for vacay this year. I've got: 16-35 f/4, Sigma 24-105 Art, and EF 70-200 f/2.8 plus TC 1.4 and 2 iii's. (I've also got EF 300 f/2.8 ii and 600 ii, but not for vacay). So, I'm...
  17. LovePhotography

Ken Rockwell lens photographs

Does anyone know what set up (camera, lens, f-stop, etc.) Ken Rockwell uses to take his rather stunning lens photographs? I saw where he talked about it a couple years ago, and now that I've got good equip, I can't find it. If I remember correctly, think he uses medium format, though. :(...
  18. LovePhotography

Article about true price of home photo printing.... Interesting

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/cost-of-inkjet-printing.html
  19. LovePhotography

Best free online photo classes (like Creative Live)?

So, I haven't sprung yet for any Creative Live classes, because I like to learn through trial and error, time is limited, and don't want to waste money if I bought a class I didn't like. So, I'm wondering, what are the best free online classes? I'd like to try a few free ones to see if I'd like...
  20. LovePhotography

Speedlite 600 EX-RT with Canon 5D Mk 4?

So, I just updated (added to) my 3 Speedlite 500 EX's with 2 600EX-RT's and the on camera controller, since the price seems to be dropping. But, why is the price dropping? I'm planning on getting a 5D MK4 or new 1dx when they come out, and, I now wondering if the new bodies will add something...