Search results

1. FramerMCB

The Canon RF 800mm f/5.6L IS and Canon RF 1200mm f/8L IS will be available starting May 26, 2022

Total Paparazzi, Law enforcement, and Military, and perhaps some scientific applications. This is where I see the bulk of sales for these lenses. And of course the few (100's? 1000's? ...maybe) well-heeled serious enthusiasts. And some pros - a few. For example, far safer to photograph Kodiak...
  2. FramerMCB

Stock Notice: Refurbished Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM

Just a note here on Canon refurbished gear purchased online from the CanonUSA.com website - these items, camera bodies and lenses anyway, come with the same 1-year warranty they put on their new stuff. So... there's that to think about. I have purchased in this way from them. Several years ago I...
  3. FramerMCB

Canon Wins Patent for Its ‘Shoulda Coulda’ Supertelephoto Designs

I think another aspect to the disappointment with these lenses is the fantastical PRICES. As other's have already pointed out in other Forum threads, for the cost of the 1200mm one could buy an R3, the RF 600mm f/4, and an RF 1.4x tc, with some money left over for the piggy bank.
  4. FramerMCB

Diving into the Canon RF 1200mm F8L and the Canon RF 800mm F5.6L

I agree with your analyses. I would add that it also gives Canon marketing "bragging" rights as their mirror-less line-up of lenses now has the longest-reach available. I would be surprised if Nikon doesn't either come out with a 800mm or 1000mm of their own. I don't necessarily think they would...
  5. FramerMCB

Canon announces the RF 800mm F5.6L IS USM and the RF 1200mm F8L IS USM

One thing I found quite amazing - beyond the stratospheric pricing - is that both lenses focus very close. Especially when one considers their telephoto length. The 1200mm focuses to 14.1 ft and the 800mm to like 8.3 ft. I have a 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (Mk I, first gen.) and at 200mm it only focuses...
  6. FramerMCB

The first noise test results from the Canon EOS R3 are in

Sounds like the TSE 24mm Mk II has better light transmission?
  7. FramerMCB

Gordon Laing from CameraLabs gives his first reviews of the new Canon gear, including the EOS R3

Well it sounds like you can save the Eye focus calibration settings to a card (per the DP Review early look at the pre-production version). So my guess is that you can save other settings.
  8. FramerMCB

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

I'm simply astounded at the whining about a possible 24mp sensor camera. Only a few years ago, Pro's were shooting with 8, 10, and 12 mp and shooting amazing images. Maybe just go buy the Fuji GFx100. Or the newer Leica...
  9. FramerMCB

Canon EOS R3 to have a 30mp sensor? [CR1]

I don't see Canon making and releasing a 20MP or even 24MP R1 series at this point in time. As the tech upgrades and "know-how" for improved possibilities seem to be pushing their professional model MP higher at least in the mirror-less line-up. My guess is at minimum an R1 will have 30MP and I...
  10. FramerMCB

The Canon EOS R3 pricing to undercut the competition [CR3]

I'm not sure if the OP actually meant Patented or patented. An actual Patent or rather just brand X's "patented" set of features. As an example, Canon's 'patented' ergonomics. I could very well be wrong on the OP'ers intent but it could be read either way IMHO.
  11. FramerMCB

The Canon EOS R3 pricing to undercut the competition [CR3]

My guess is it will come in between $4,999.99 and $5,499.99 USD. Canon seems to follow they're own drumbeat - to a certain extent - in pricing their cameras. I was spot on with my prediction of where the R5 would be priced. Many thought, or were concerned (probably more appropriate), that the R5...
  12. FramerMCB

Get closer, with images larger than life, using the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

For the 'net' IS affect one must take into consideration the Canon body this RF lens will be mounted on. On an R6 or R5 effective IS stops will be much greater than on an R or RP. I believe Canon's ~2 stops of correction at 1.0X mag is the lens only and not factoring in if shooting on a body...
  13. FramerMCB

Patent: Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM

You'll for certain get a decrease in your wallet's "reach".
  14. FramerMCB

Canon to announce the PowerShot Pick next week

With the current state of millions working remotely - from their homes, etc. - I see this as a smart move, a far better option than using your Canon DSLR or MILC as a webcam.
  15. FramerMCB

An update on the Canon 2021 roadmap [CR2]

I hear the next Olympics will actually be held on the Moon to avoid COVID problems. Elon Musk has Space-X hard at work on Space planes to ferry both athletes and spectators. But the rumors indicate Space-X is still at least 24 months away from a testable version. Stay tuned... So Canon has some...
  16. FramerMCB

Canon cameras that I’m told are coming in 2021

I think the likelihood of Canon making an R5a is ~2.5% or less.
  17. FramerMCB

Canon cameras that I’m told are coming in 2021

Canon already has the Ra for astrophotography.
  18. FramerMCB

SIRUI launch 24mm F2.8 1.33x Anamorphic lens for crop sensor mounts including EF-M

I think it has to do with the fact that Canon's M-mount cameras are hugely popular sellers in spite of Canon's lack of any enthusiasm for lens development and even in light of the fact the new rumor is that Canon will announce at some point in 2021 the winding down of the M-lineup. There will...
  19. FramerMCB

Breakthrough Photography launches the ‘Breakthrough R’ drop-in filters for the Canon EOS R system

Note - the new RF L lenses do not require a filter on the front of the lens to maintain or achieve their weather resistance to dust and moisture. I believe Canon started changing that design element of their L-series lenses when they came out with the version II of the 100-400mm and the...
  20. FramerMCB

Breakthrough Photography launches the ‘Breakthrough R’ drop-in filters for the Canon EOS R system

I would say you're too close to your subject if a dog is slobbering on your front element. Better off with a IKON waterproof housing I think then... ;-)